Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 12:54:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 150 151 152 [153] 154 155 156 157 158 ... 226
Author Topic: Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread  (Read 267902 times)
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3800 on: January 05, 2021, 09:51:25 PM »

Does anyone have Woodbury's post pledging to leave the forum for a year saved if Ossoff OR Warnock won? Because now that's already happened, doesn't even matter in the unlikely event Ossoff loses.

I took a picture of it.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #3801 on: January 05, 2021, 09:51:33 PM »

Imagine being Mitch McConnell rn
Stuart98
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -5.83

« Reply #3802 on: January 05, 2021, 09:51:51 PM »

Does anyone have Woodbury's post pledging to leave the forum for a year saved if Ossoff OR Warnock won? Because now that's already happened, doesn't even matter in the unlikely event Ossoff loses.
Inb4 that was a XOR.
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3803 on: January 05, 2021, 09:52:32 PM »

The Needle says he will win. The Needle speaks The Truth. I believe.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #3804 on: January 05, 2021, 09:52:52 PM »

Looks like this race is over. Kind of hoping the Dems can flip back at least Burke if not some of the Obama-Trump Black Belt counties such as Quitman and Peach.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #3805 on: January 05, 2021, 09:53:04 PM »

!!!

I've said before that I truly wanted Warnock to win, and it seems like it's coming to pass. He is the antithesis of Loeffler in every way, and the attacks upon his character were disgraceful and demeaning. She is reaping what she sowed.

You've mentioned before that you're African American, it must be great to see an African American Democrat (hopefully) elected in the south?

Yes. I may not agree with Warnock on every issue, as I've made clear my views (and registration) as a moderate independent, but I certainly see this as a historic and worthy milestone. And the pastor of MLK's church is certainly far more deserving of this seat than some arrogant businesswoman who bears a great animus against those not like her.

I'm also black and I agree 100%. It's astounding how few black Senators there have been; Obama was only the 5th one in history and we've had around a dozen now.
I thought we've only had five black Senators in the last hundred or so years. I did not know that there have only been five since reconstruction.

Ed Brooke, Carol Braun, Obama, and Tim Scott come to mind instantly. Who am I missing?
Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #3806 on: January 05, 2021, 09:53:23 PM »

I just want DeKalb to drop its votes.
soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #3807 on: January 05, 2021, 09:53:29 PM »

LEANING OSSOFF
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #3808 on: January 05, 2021, 09:53:30 PM »

McSally or Loeffler? Who is more pathetic?

Loeffler. At least McSally served this country honorably in the military and didnt become filthy rich from cheating people.

Being in the military isn't inherently honorable but yeah sure I'm glad she never did the insider trading.

But she had an honorable service record.

That doesn't mean anything.

Yes, it does, Edgelord.

Wahhhhh

Did someone disrespect the tROooOops?Huh Grow up.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3809 on: January 05, 2021, 09:53:36 PM »

!!!

I've said before that I truly wanted Warnock to win, and it seems like it's coming to pass. He is the antithesis of Loeffler in every way, and the attacks upon his character were disgraceful and demeaning. She is reaping what she sowed.

You've mentioned before that you're African American, it must be great to see an African American Democrat (hopefully) elected in the south?

Yes. I may not agree with Warnock on every issue, as I've made clear my views (and registration) as a moderate independent, but I certainly see this as a historic and worthy milestone. And the pastor of MLK's church is certainly far more deserving of this seat than some arrogant businesswoman who bears a great animus against those not like her.

I'm also black and I agree 100%. It's astounding how few black Senators there have been; Obama was only the 5th one in history and we've had around a dozen now.
I thought we've only had five black Senators in the last hundred or so years. I did not know that there have only been five since reconstruction.

Ed Brooke, Carol Braun, Obama, and Tim Scott come to mind instantly. Who am I missing?

HE. IS. SPARTACUS!
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3810 on: January 05, 2021, 09:53:53 PM »

If the needles are correct, the polls were pretty damn accurate. Nearly as accurate as you could ask they could be.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3811 on: January 05, 2021, 09:53:55 PM »

Why are we all losing our minds when the pages I’m looking at still have the GOP ahead?

Dems have probably +160K net votes incoming from DeKalb. The trend is inevitable.
rhg2052

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -6.78

« Reply #3812 on: January 05, 2021, 09:54:01 PM »

!!!

Cory Booker, Kamala Harris
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #3813 on: January 05, 2021, 09:54:04 PM »

Now I can stop being mad at frat boy for losing in NC!
Stockdale for Veep

« Reply #3814 on: January 05, 2021, 09:54:22 PM »

The Needle abides.

Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3815 on: January 05, 2021, 09:54:37 PM »

!!!

Roland Burris. How's that for a blast from the past?
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #3816 on: January 05, 2021, 09:54:43 PM »

https://web.archive.org/save/https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=411438.msg7869477
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3817 on: January 05, 2021, 09:54:49 PM »

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #3818 on: January 05, 2021, 09:54:56 PM »

McSally or Loeffler? Who is more pathetic?

Loeffler. At least McSally served this country honorably in the military and didnt become filthy rich from cheating people.

Being in the military isn't inherently honorable but yeah sure I'm glad she never did the insider trading.

But she had an honorable service record.

That doesn't mean anything.

^^^
Veterans tend to be more hawkish in politics than veterans at large are. Allen West, Dan Crenshaw, etc, are foaming out the mouth to go into Iran.
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3819 on: January 05, 2021, 09:54:58 PM »

I'm still mad at him regardless of how these races turn out. I'd rather have 51 seats than 50.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3820 on: January 05, 2021, 09:55:05 PM »

No you can't. Or at least, you shouldn't.
Mexican Wolf
Timberwolf

« Reply #3821 on: January 05, 2021, 09:55:17 PM »

!!!

Mo Cowan, Cory Booker, and Kamala Harris.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3822 on: January 05, 2021, 09:55:26 PM »

He will not be obstructed
Coldstream
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -6.59, S: 1.20

P P
« Reply #3823 on: January 05, 2021, 09:55:27 PM »

Warnock/Ossoff are 10x the men Cunningham was.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3824 on: January 05, 2021, 09:55:30 PM »

Ouch. That election day improvement over Trump are scary numbers.
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 150 151 152 [153] 154 155 156 157 158 ... 226  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies