Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:31:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 226
Author Topic: Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread  (Read 260875 times)
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #475 on: November 27, 2020, 10:15:11 AM »

GA-R: Tilt D --> Likely R
GA-S: Titanium D --> Tilt R

We're totally doomed if Trump doesn't turn out the low-prop hicks imo imo
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #476 on: November 27, 2020, 10:37:13 AM »
« Edited: November 27, 2020, 10:42:49 AM by MR. KAYNE WEST »

Looks like Mr. Trump will back on the trail.

Trump can't blame himself for failure, but he is a failure that went around with superspreader rallies and said Covid wasn't a big deal and it was
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #477 on: November 27, 2020, 10:56:49 AM »
« Edited: November 27, 2020, 12:21:20 PM by Bootes Void »

Generally in special elections when Trump got directly/indirectly involved campaigning with  the candidates, they lost. Just ask Sacconne, Moore and Bevin
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #478 on: November 27, 2020, 11:07:30 AM »

Well those two races are safe R now.
This is the worst news I have woken up to this month.
I was hoping Trump would lash out but nope.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #479 on: November 27, 2020, 11:21:51 AM »
« Edited: November 27, 2020, 11:25:48 AM by #SaveTheSenate »

No, Perdue's race is Safe R because Atlanta suburbanites LOVE corruption, racist dog whistles, and a senator who votes with his party like 100% of the time. But Loeffler's race is a toss-up at best for Republicans because she's a shrill extremist who campaigned with Greene.

#sexism #analysis
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #480 on: November 27, 2020, 11:31:06 AM »

No, Perdue's race is Safe R because Atlanta suburbanites LOVE corruption, racist dog whistles, and a senator who votes with his party like 100% of the time. But Loeffler's race is a toss-up at best for Republicans because she's a shrill extremist who campaigned with Greene.

#sexism #analysis

I know you're ironic here, but hot take: The results won't differ by much. Less than 1 pt is very likely, IMHO.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #481 on: November 27, 2020, 11:46:42 AM »

#sexism #analysis

I know you're ironic here, but hot take: The results won't differ by much. Less than 1 pt is very likely, IMHO.

Yeah, even if Loeffler underperforms a bit in the Atlanta suburbs, there should enough racist #populist  Purple heart Ossoff/Loeffler voters in rural Georgia for her to keep it less than 1%.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #482 on: November 27, 2020, 12:08:14 PM »

Could be a problem for democrats
Possibly, but I think 2020 should have taught everyone to not read too much into early numbers. They can give indications, but they certainly aren’t definitive.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #483 on: November 27, 2020, 12:28:04 PM »

#sexism #analysis
No you see harry keeping calling qoeffler is gonna totally work rather than you know attacking the multi millionaire on insider trading.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #484 on: November 27, 2020, 12:29:55 PM »

#sexism #analysis
No you see harry keeping calling qoeffler is gonna totally work rather than you know attacking the multi millionaire on insider trading.

FWIW I've seen more ads about insider trading than anything else. Every time I try to watch a YouTube video I'm treated to "David Perdue was EXONERATED" before I can skip and it feels like the only things on TV are ads about Loeffler's trading.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #485 on: November 27, 2020, 12:34:46 PM »

#sexism #analysis

FWIW I've seen more ads about insider trading than anything else. Every time I try to watch a YouTube video I'm treated to "David Perdue was EXONERATED" before I can skip and it feels like the only things on TV are ads about Loeffler's trading.

Yeah but there should be ads about MTG because reasons
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #486 on: November 27, 2020, 12:54:38 PM »

#sexism #analysis

No, it's either Qelly (keeping the pronunciation the same) or Lqeffler (changing the Os to Qs).

If I ever post something nonsensical like "Qoeffler," I have gone senile and should be mercy-banned.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #487 on: November 27, 2020, 12:56:27 PM »

#sexism #analysis

Yeah I believe the attacks on Loeffler about insider trading are a bit shaky considering the amount of money that was traded relative to her total worth was relatively low but its a quite wise course of attack especially as I doubt explaining to the average voter you only made trades of 5 million from your net worth of 500 million is a great way to connect. Now Perdue/Loeffler have to waste time going on the defensive.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #488 on: November 27, 2020, 01:46:09 PM »

#sexism #analysis

Yeah I believe the attacks on Loeffler about insider trading are a bit shaky considering the amount of money that was traded relative to her total worth was relatively low but its a quite wise course of attack especially as I doubt explaining to the average voter you only made trades of 5 million from your net worth of 500 million is a great way to connect. Now Perdue/Loeffler have to waste time going on the defensive.
“Buh her trading!”
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #489 on: November 27, 2020, 02:36:09 PM »

#sexism #analysis

No, it's either Qelly (keeping the pronunciation the same) or Lqeffler (changing the Os to Qs).

If I ever post something nonsensical like "Qoeffler," I have gone senile and should be mercy-banned.
Qoeffler sounds like “quaffle”, as in the quidditch ball.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #490 on: November 27, 2020, 03:33:05 PM »

Could be a problem for democrats
Possibly, but I think 2020 should have taught everyone to not read too much into early numbers. They can give indications, but they certainly aren’t definitive.

It's why I said ''could''
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #491 on: November 27, 2020, 03:38:42 PM »

Generally in special elections when Trump got directly/indirectly involved campaigning with  the candidates, they lost. Just ask Sacconne, Moore and Bevin
Your comparisons are absurd.

You can't really put Bevin/Moore and Perdue / Loeffler in the same bag
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #492 on: November 27, 2020, 03:40:34 PM »

But Georgia and Alabama aren't either.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #493 on: November 27, 2020, 04:02:00 PM »

Generally in special elections when Trump got directly/indirectly involved campaigning with  the candidates, they lost. Just ask Sacconne, Moore and Bevin

Sure but what the other poster implied is that Moore lost because of Trump support, it's no sense.
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #494 on: November 27, 2020, 04:14:41 PM »

Generally in special elections when Trump got directly/indirectly involved campaigning with  the candidates, they lost. Just ask Sacconne, Moore and Bevin

Sure but what the other poster implied is that Moore lost because of Trump support, it's no sense.
I dont wanna say those candidates lost because of trump support, they had their own share of problems. However when Trump endorsed those candidates, you could say the opposition was more motivated to oppose him stronger
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #495 on: November 27, 2020, 04:16:13 PM »

Dan Bishop disagrees.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #496 on: November 27, 2020, 04:17:58 PM »

This race is now Safe R unless Perdue gets arrested or Obama campaigns for Ossoff and Warnock.
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« Reply #497 on: November 27, 2020, 04:30:49 PM »

New Internet Ad Warnock tweeted out.
I wonder if he was this cheerful when he was driving over his wife's foot.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #498 on: November 27, 2020, 06:19:45 PM »

This means nothing. My entire immediate (BLACK) family voted by mail in the general and will be voting early in person for the runoffs bc of the time of the year of this race and concerns about mail being delivered on time (Xmas). I hope folks aren't already handwringing.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #499 on: November 27, 2020, 07:17:37 PM »

This race is now Safe R unless Perdue gets arrested or Obama campaigns for Ossoff and Warnock.

I expect Obama to be doing some campaigning eventually.

Also Trump's rallies are incidental. They simply haven't mattered in any election, win or lose, for Republicans.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 226  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies