Arizona megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:01:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Arizona megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Arizona megathread  (Read 69664 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: September 24, 2022, 07:10:03 AM »
« edited: September 24, 2022, 08:17:23 AM by Person Man »

If Lake and Masters still win after this, who knows what they will do next. Banning homosexual relationships is about as popular as what they now just pushed through.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2022, 02:52:31 PM »

Based move by Cheney.

There's a lot criticize her for, especially her hawkish stances, though you got to give her credit for making the right call here.

If this is where she is going, she should be the next President.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2022, 08:46:40 PM »
« Edited: September 29, 2022, 08:50:36 PM by Person Man »

Sigh. Lol

Given that poll is an R+10 sample it's not that bad for the Ds lol

R+10 in terms of registration? Don't Rs still have a pretty big registration advantage in AZ anyways?

Not really. Statewide it’s 35% R, 34% I, 31% D

Huh for some reason I thought the gap was larger.

I think it used to be, but the R's have lost a lot of ground to Independents (and D's have lost a little too, IIRC).

Its pretty close to where Colorado was when it started to be competitive. At about R+2, Republicans really started to struggle there.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2022, 08:20:42 AM »

LAW AND ORDER

Lake's Campaign is not a conservative movement.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2022, 03:34:29 PM »

What is the main reason Hobbs refuses to debate? Literally comes off as a completely coward.

I think because Lake is some sort of anchor woman on TV so you can't really debate with someone who lives on TV as just a regular person. Democrats have been having trouble finding people with unique gifts from adjacent fields to civics and law. If this and next election is really that bad for them, their traditional bench will be depleted and then they will have to look for actors, newspeople, and other people with special abilities.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2022, 02:16:19 PM »

So many of the props just seem like the GOP chewing away at voting rights.  Given how big citizen referenda are here, I hope people can see through them.  It would be funny ('cause it's sad) if 132 (which will require 60% approval for future initiatives) passes with less than 60% of the vote.  I think the same thing happened in Florida when they passed their 60% law.

Since I always vote by mail, 309 doesn't seem like that big of a deal, but requiring photo ID for in-person voting will likely make E-day voting even more of a mess.

I honestly have to confess I'm undecided on 308 though.

All of that said, I'm shocked how little airtime any of these have gotten.  Some of the props in the past (marijuana, marriage, etc) absolutely sucked the air out of the room as I remember.

Isn't that for taxes only though? If so, it will probably pass and there's not much we can do about it I don't think.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies