Arizona megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 10:27:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Arizona megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 52
Author Topic: Arizona megathread  (Read 72065 times)
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1050 on: December 05, 2022, 08:27:41 PM »

So I’m guessing Cochise was certified?
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1051 on: December 05, 2022, 09:07:59 PM »

Yes, they certified on a judge's order last Thursday afternoon.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1052 on: December 06, 2022, 06:13:04 AM »

So the AG recount is underway right now?

So.... has that happened or not??
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1053 on: December 06, 2022, 09:42:43 AM »

Not yet.  Even though the recount is automatic, there are some silly bureaucratic hoops they have to jump through.  The SoS is required to petition the Maricopa County Superior Court to order the recounts in the races within 0.5% margin (AG, Superintendent, and LD 13).  That petition was filed yesterday evening after the certification was complete.  Counties have until 5pm Dec. 21 to certify their recount results, and they cannot release numbers, including daily vote totals, until they’ve been certified by the court.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1054 on: December 06, 2022, 09:52:21 AM »

I guess the ~500 vote difference for AG is too much to expect a different outcome? Why is that one even closer than Gov and SoS?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1055 on: December 06, 2022, 09:57:57 AM »

Not yet.  Even though the recount is automatic, there are some silly bureaucratic hoops they have to jump through.  The SoS is required to petition the Maricopa County Superior Court to order the recounts in the races within 0.5% margin (AG, Superintendent, and LD 13).  That petition was filed yesterday evening after the certification was complete.  Counties have until 5pm Dec. 21 to certify their recount results, and they cannot release numbers, including daily vote totals, until they’ve been certified by the court.
So basically we'll get no updates until it's done and then just get told the final recount result?
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1056 on: December 06, 2022, 10:00:41 AM »

I guess the ~500 vote difference for AG is too much to expect a different outcome? Why is that one even closer than Gov and SoS?

I think it’s just that the race went under the radar compared to the other two. I’m not sure if Hamadeh was an election denier, but he was certainly much less vocal about it than Lake or Finchem.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1057 on: December 06, 2022, 10:35:00 AM »

I think it’s just that the race went under the radar compared to the other two. I’m not sure if Hamadeh was an election denier, but he was certainly much less vocal about it than Lake or Finchem.

He was, and nearly as crazy as Lake (on social media) about it all, but it's also possible like you said that a few more normies didn't know about that since Lake was more high profile about it
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1058 on: December 06, 2022, 11:15:04 AM »

December 21st? Good grief.

I guess when an election is close enough it just eats up the entire transition period, even though that period is ridiculously long to begin with. What a joke.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1059 on: December 07, 2022, 08:28:10 PM »

Spectator
United States

« Reply #1060 on: December 07, 2022, 08:35:04 PM »

Kari Lake is still a regular guest on all the Fox evening shows, so chances are the base probably believes Trump.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1061 on: December 08, 2022, 12:33:43 PM »

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1062 on: December 08, 2022, 01:36:20 PM »

If we get the Pima and Maricopa results and they're on par with the initial count (or even better for Mayes), that's pretty much the whole game there.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #1063 on: December 08, 2022, 02:04:59 PM »

And yet she STILL lost. 
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1064 on: December 08, 2022, 02:19:57 PM »

Robson would have won . It is because of your endorsement which handed the nomination to someone as horrible as Kari Lake that Hobbs who sucks as well will be governor
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1065 on: December 08, 2022, 02:44:40 PM »

Robson would have won . It is because of your endorsement which handed the nomination to someone as horrible as Kari Lake that Hobbs who sucks as well will be governor

Lol do you know what Rs are trying to do is steal the EC by Moore v Harper in getting state legislature to solidify a Different slate of Electors than the voters chosen Robson is no different than Lake and rest of the Rs they know that AZ, GA, WI, and AZ have R state legislature, but it's gonna fail just like it did when Trump tried to steal 2020 this Crt gets rid of Affirmative Action or they are Pro Gerrymandering but they won't overturn an Eday

Do you know why FL, AZ and WI votes D and why Evers, Johnson, Kelly, Sinema, and Hobbs won it's AARP state that means if you are poor and 50 and older and on Medicare you qualify for AARP life insurance

John Love is a better candidate than Matthew Sancrainte but it's a reason why Martin Frost has been elected to replace DEMINGS
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1066 on: December 08, 2022, 03:20:31 PM »

Keep yappin' man!
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1067 on: December 08, 2022, 07:36:31 PM »

It would be funny if these recounts just expanded Hobbs' lead like the recounts did for Biden.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1068 on: December 08, 2022, 07:37:41 PM »

It would be funny if these recounts just expanded Hobbs' lead like the recounts did for Biden.

The gubernatorial race is not among those being recounted.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1069 on: December 08, 2022, 09:27:28 PM »
« Edited: December 08, 2022, 10:05:01 PM by Roll Roons »

I can't quite put my finger on why, but I somehow always disliked Lake far more than Mastriano.

Maybe it's the fact that Trump endorsed her early, while he only endorsed Mastriano the weekend before the primary when he was pulling away. Or maybe it's because she was always much more likely to win so I perceived her as a bigger threat even though he was arguably more extreme.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1070 on: December 09, 2022, 08:29:08 AM »

I can't quite put my finger on why, but I somehow always disliked Lake far more than Mastriano.

Maybe it's the fact that Trump endorsed her early, while he only endorsed Mastriano the weekend before the primary when he was pulling away. Or maybe it's because she was always much more likely to win so I perceived her as a bigger threat even though he was arguably more extreme.

I know what you mean.  There was something very artificial about Lake's persona during the campaign, which I found extremely off-putting.  Mastriano at least was authentically crazy.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1071 on: December 09, 2022, 09:43:24 AM »

I know what you mean.  There was something very artificial about Lake's persona during the campaign, which I found extremely off-putting.  Mastriano at least was authentically crazy.

Yep, 100% this. Mastriano is a nutcase but at least he's a true believer. I can give to him that at least that's who he truly is at his core, even if it's insane. Lake is clearly grifting and this entire MAGA persona is so obviously fake and she just did it try and win.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1072 on: December 09, 2022, 02:36:13 PM »

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1073 on: December 10, 2022, 12:23:20 PM »

To clarify, does each county release their totals once they're done, or do we have to wait for EVERY county to complete its counts before we get any results? I really hope it's the former, given that Pima seems almost done and Maricopa is well on its way.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1074 on: December 12, 2022, 10:04:53 AM »

This is the type of expose I was hoping we'd get for Oz too

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 52  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies