Arizona megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:10:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Arizona megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 52
Author Topic: Arizona megathread  (Read 69565 times)
citizenZ
citizenq
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #625 on: October 15, 2022, 12:42:28 PM »

Think we may have pushed her too hard. Get ready for Dark Katie, folks.

Nah. Kari Lake responded with this:

Hobbs is a loser. Lake is electrifying. Remember...the left cannot meme.
AZdude
Rookie
« Reply #626 on: October 15, 2022, 01:07:19 PM »

Every day I'm getting more depressed about this race.  If Hobbs loses, which it's looking more and more likely she will, she needs to be drummed out of AZ politics (and preferably the state) for good.  She's blowing this race right and left, and it's sad that nobody better stepped up and ran.

And yet I still dare to hope Hobbs might win.  If "Roevember" (eye roll) becomes a thing, or if just enough people wake up and see how batsh**t nuts Qari Lake is, there's still hope.  But I'm afraid we're getting to the point where desperate hope is ALL there is.

Regardless, I don't think there's any chance of a blowout win by Lake.  As we've mentioned, she's making virtually no effort to reach out to the middle or moderate.  But all she needs is a plurality to get in there and wreak God knows what kind of havoc here.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #627 on: October 15, 2022, 01:19:12 PM »

Have you seen the Pennsylvania senate election?
citizenZ
citizenq
United States

« Reply #628 on: October 15, 2022, 01:29:36 PM »

Have you seen the Pennsylvania senate election?

Between Dr. Oz and Frankenstein? Yes.

Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #629 on: October 15, 2022, 01:39:22 PM »

Regardless, I don't think there's any chance of a blowout win by Lake.  As we've mentioned, she's making virtually no effort to reach out to the middle or moderate.  But all she needs is a plurality to get in there and wreak God knows what kind of havoc here.
This is true. There's a reason we have a recall statute.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #630 on: October 15, 2022, 02:12:07 PM »

Every day I'm getting more depressed about this race.  If Hobbs loses, which it's looking more and more likely she will, she needs to be drummed out of AZ politics (and preferably the state) for good.  She's blowing this race right and left, and it's sad that nobody better stepped up and ran.

And yet I still dare to hope Hobbs might win.  If "Roevember" (eye roll) becomes a thing, or if just enough people wake up and see how batsh**t nuts Qari Lake is, there's still hope.  But I'm afraid we're getting to the point where desperate hope is ALL there is.

Regardless, I don't think there's any chance of a blowout win by Lake.  As we've mentioned, she's making virtually no effort to reach out to the middle or moderate.  But all she needs is a plurality to get in there and wreak God knows what kind of havoc here.

But how? Leftists online want to just keep running with this narrative and yet where's the proof? She's out campaigning, she's on TV (I've seen multiple hits just this week), the DGA/Hobbs campaign together are out maneuvering Lake/RGA on the air, it was 2:1 most recently in terms of spend.

Meanwhile, Lake is out here embarrassing herself most days with ridiculous stunts and press conferences, of which who is the target here other than hardcore Republicans?

I'm not in Arizona, but it feels like the narrative that some want to say about this race is much different than what is actually happening in reality. Not sure what else Hobbs should be doing that she's not doing now? She's not a bombastic personality and never has been, and I don't think anybody wants her to be.

You could make the exact same argument that Lake is "blowing" this race by not moderating whatsoever and relying on pure stunts for attention. Getting attention does not mean you are getting ahead in a race.
kwabbit

« Reply #631 on: October 15, 2022, 02:32:27 PM »

But how? Leftists online want to just keep running with this narrative and yet where's the proof? She's out campaigning, she's on TV (I've seen multiple hits just this week), the DGA/Hobbs campaign together are out maneuvering Lake/RGA on the air, it was 2:1 most recently in terms of spend.

Meanwhile, Lake is out here embarrassing herself most days with ridiculous stunts and press conferences, of which who is the target here other than hardcore Republicans?

I'm not in Arizona, but it feels like the narrative that some want to say about this race is much different than what is actually happening in reality. Not sure what else Hobbs should be doing that she's not doing now? She's not a bombastic personality and never has been, and I don't think anybody wants her to be.

You could make the exact same argument that Lake is "blowing" this race by not moderating whatsoever and relying on pure stunts for attention. Getting attention does not mean you are getting ahead in a race.

For Hobbs to be a favorite, she would have to be leading in the polls by a few points at least. There's little reason to expect the environment to become more favorable for the Democrats or for polling to underestimate her.

I don't think Hobbs is running a terrible campaign, just not the one she needs to win. This race is just standing in contrast to a lot of other gubernatorial races with similar circumstances where the Democrat is up big. The comparison to PA GOV is obvious, but Shapiro is up 10 in the polls and Hobbs down 1. Why is that? One answer is that Hobbs' campaign is worse than more successful Democrats. While Shapiro has been able to focus the race on Mastriano's insanity, Hobbs hasn't been able to focus attention on Lake's enough. Debating might have allowed her to draw attention to Lake's flaws, but she passed up on that opportunity.
Southern Reactionary Dem
SouthernReactionaryDem
Rookie
United States

« Reply #632 on: October 15, 2022, 02:55:45 PM »

You're gonna OD if you take any more copium. Hobbs has been running from debates and any confrontation. It portrays her as weak and flaky whereas Lake is projecting strength by calling her out and challenging her. Arizona went for Biden but it isn't exactly a liberal state. Despite what you or I may think of her positions, AZ voters probably aren't THAT turned off by them, at least not as much as they were by Trump's flat unstable personality. Hobbs is doing everything she can to blow this race and it looks like she's going to. Watching the TV appearances where she's pressed on the debate issue is downright painful.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #633 on: October 15, 2022, 05:20:07 PM »

I'm very nervous about Hobbs losing too due to certain perceptions of her, as well as other statewide races in Arizona this year (not so much the Senate race though) but I can't help but be amused at how Twitter exchanges between Hobbs and Lake are being used as evidence of the race's dynamics. Ironically, for all the Lake supporters sharing that stuff they're usually among the first to also say "Twitter isn't real life" when a red avatar posts something. Are that many Arizona voters really paying attention to all this? Or, as political hobbyists, are we putting too much emphasis on this kind of stuff that may actually not be all that relevant? And I said this before about the Fetterman-Oz exchanges too, even as I was amused by a lot of it. I'm not so sure it was all as relevant as that campaign has gone on.

All I know is that Arizona voters seem to be very personality focused this year and both Hobbs and Lake have weaknesses in that department in different ways, which makes this race very frustrating to observe.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #634 on: October 15, 2022, 05:21:55 PM »

You're gonna OD if you take any more copium. Hobbs has been running from debates and any confrontation. It portrays her as weak and flaky whereas Lake is projecting strength by calling her out and challenging her. Arizona went for Biden but it isn't exactly a liberal state. Despite what you or I may think of her positions, AZ voters probably aren't THAT turned off by them, at least not as much as they were by Trump's flat unstable personality. Hobbs is doing everything she can to blow this race and it looks like she's going to. Watching the TV appearances where she's pressed on the debate issue is downright painful.

lol okay yea, i'm sure they're totally fine with abortion bans and 2020 election denial. nice try!
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #635 on: October 15, 2022, 06:51:28 PM »

lol okay yea, i'm sure they're totally fine with abortion bans and 2020 election denial. nice try!

If 2020 is any evidence, almost half of them are. Trump only lost Arizona by 10,000 votes, and in an environment like this, it's not hard for me to see Lake making up that deficit.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #636 on: October 15, 2022, 10:46:54 PM »

Kari Lake and Blake Masters along with the rest of the statewide Republicans like Hamadeh and Finchem are running as a much closer ticket together than the Democrats. Kelly has pretty much distanced himself from Hobbs and his doing his own thing. Fontes also seems to be running a solo campaign. Hobbs does some campaigning with AG candidate Kris Mayes, but the Dem side just feels a lot less connected with each other.

Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #637 on: October 15, 2022, 11:07:05 PM »

Kari Lake and Blake Masters along with the rest of the statewide Republicans like Hamadeh and Finchem are running as a much closer ticket together than the Democrats. Kelly has pretty much distanced himself from Hobbs and his doing his own thing. Fontes also seems to be running a solo campaign. Hobbs does some campaigning with AG candidate Kris Mayes, but the Dem side just feels a lot less connected with each other.

Do you think the "barriers" between the Democratic candidates may prove harmful to the ticket?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #638 on: October 16, 2022, 02:43:59 AM »

That's rich coming from the guy who thinks probably thinks "ANDREW TATE OWNS DUMB SJW FEMINIST - CRINGE COMPILATION" is the highest form of comedy.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #639 on: October 16, 2022, 03:26:50 AM »

That's rich coming from the guy who thinks probably thinks "ANDREW TATE OWNS DUMB SJW FEMINIST - CRINGE COMPILATION" is the highest form of comedy.

Citizenz was the first person I've put on my ignore list in years. Highly recommend.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #640 on: October 16, 2022, 08:34:31 AM »

And yet Lake openly campaigning with someone like Finchem is not being treated as an issue or harmful to her campaign - and yet Hobbs is the one making all the mistakes? It's like some of you want Lake to win at this point.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #641 on: October 16, 2022, 08:38:51 AM »

And yet Lake openly campaigning with someone like Finchem is not being treated as an issue or harmful to her campaign - and yet Hobbs is the one making all the mistakes? It's like some of you want Lake to win at this point.

Hardly anyone on here does want for Lake to win, and it's been pointed out, time and time again, that Democrats in Arizona are not confident about Hobbs' campaign and believe that she has made a series of unforced errors that have given Lake an advantage. Your belief is that Hobbs is running a strong and persuasive campaign, but if this is the case, why hasn't she put this race away?
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #642 on: October 16, 2022, 08:40:27 AM »

Hardly anyone on here does want for Lake to win, and it's been pointed out, time and time again, that Democrats in Arizona are not confident about Hobbs' campaign and believe that she has made a series of unforced errors that have given Lake an advantage. Your belief is that Hobbs is running a strong and persuasive campaign, but if this is the case, why hasn't she put this race away?

Because this is Arizona, a purple state that still went for Trump by 5 in 2016 and just barely by Biden in 2020? Nobody is "Putting anyone away" in a state like this, that idea is just kind of preposterous.

And you're putting words in my mouth. I'm willing to have a nuanced take of this race. Hobbs is not running a "strong" campaign, but she's also not running the worst campaign of all time like some people here like to act with their overdramatics. But it seems like no one is willing to meet in the middle here.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #643 on: October 16, 2022, 08:41:05 AM »

Exhibit 1004035 with this interview on CNN this morning. Lake is a complete hot mess who continues to lie about just about everything.

But yes, she is clearly running a great campaign!

Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #644 on: October 16, 2022, 08:44:14 AM »

Because this is Arizona, a purple state that still went for Trump by 5 in 2016 and just barely by Biden in 2020? Nobody is "Putting anyone away" in a state like this, that idea is just kind of preposterous.

And you're putting words in my mouth. I'm willing to have a nuanced take of this race. Hobbs is not running a "strong" campaign, but she's also not running the worst campaign of all time like some people here like to act with their overdramatics. But it seems like no one is willing to meet in the middle here.

I don't think she's running the "worst campaign of all time", but she's made mistakes, which people have called her out for, and which she is not remedying. But your belief is that Hobbs is running a better campaign than Lake and that Lake is unelectable. It would not be a competitive race if that were the case.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #645 on: October 16, 2022, 09:12:53 AM »

I don't think she's running the "worst campaign of all time", but she's made mistakes, which people have called her out for, and which she is not remedying. But your belief is that Hobbs is running a better campaign than Lake and that Lake is unelectable. It would not be a competitive race if that were the case.

Never said Lake was unelectable. She shouldn't be, but this is a swing state after all.
xavier110
United States
« Reply #646 on: October 16, 2022, 01:47:09 PM »

Well, my family has filled out our ballots. Time to mule it up and stop the MAGA lunatics.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #647 on: October 16, 2022, 02:03:25 PM »

Well, my family has filled out our ballots. Time to mule it up and stop the MAGA lunatics.
You have any inkling how they voted? I just dropped off my ballot yesterday.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #648 on: October 16, 2022, 02:07:34 PM »

Lake is now.. begging Hobbs to debate her on The View.

I can't take this campaign seriously.

Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #649 on: October 16, 2022, 02:57:02 PM »

Is wbrocks a member of the Kari Lake campaign team? wbrocks keeps posting clips that make me like Kari Lake more, lol
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 52  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies