Arizona megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:22:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Arizona megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 52
Author Topic: Arizona megathread  (Read 69548 times)
Pollster
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #500 on: October 02, 2022, 09:07:47 AM »

Can somebody please explain to me the issues with Katie Hobbs' campaign? Not trying to be snarky or claim they don't exist - it's just been repeated here and in media and I don't know what is driving it. I know she has the racial discrimination lawsuit baggage and the debate dodge has left a bad taste in people's mouths here, but I don't really see either of those as reflective of her campaign being disorganized/incompetent/undisciplined.

By July, over two-thirds of her total campaign staff had quit due to a toxic work environment, so there's that Tongue

That is interesting, I hadn’t heard this. Can you link to the story (preferably from a local outlet if possible)?
xavier110
United States
« Reply #501 on: October 02, 2022, 10:44:29 AM »
« Edited: October 02, 2022, 11:01:02 AM by xavier110 »

Can somebody please explain to me the issues with Katie Hobbs' campaign? Not trying to be snarky or claim they don't exist - it's just been repeated here and in media and I don't know what is driving it. I know she has the racial discrimination lawsuit baggage and the debate dodge has left a bad taste in people's mouths here, but I don't really see either of those as reflective of her campaign being disorganized/incompetent/undisciplined.

By July, over two-thirds of her total campaign staff had quit due to a toxic work environment, so there's that Tongue

That is interesting, I hadn’t heard this. Can you link to the story (preferably from a local outlet if possible)?

Here: https://arizonaagenda.substack.com/p/i-cant-believe-i-even-survived-that

Arizona Agenda is the best local pub for political coverage. Also broke Marco Lopez $$$ scandal and the “audit” report that said Biden won (again, with more votes this time).
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #502 on: October 02, 2022, 12:21:44 PM »

Here: https://arizonaagenda.substack.com/p/i-cant-believe-i-even-survived-that

Arizona Agenda is the best local pub for political coverage. Also broke Marco Lopez $$$ scandal and the “audit” report that said Biden won (again, with more votes this time).

Interesting. I'm surprised this is the only outlet that's said anything about this (not dismissing or questioning it - this sort of "behind the curtain" stuff is often like catnip for local papers, so it's strange).

Also notable here that all of the complaints are directed at the CM and virtually everybody interviewed spoke very positively of Hobbs - doesn't really have to do with the "inept campaign" narrative but is a nuance that you don't normally see in stories like this.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #503 on: October 03, 2022, 12:04:19 PM »

Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #504 on: October 03, 2022, 05:52:44 PM »

I don't think this move the needle, but I'm not against it.
Cyrusman
« Reply #505 on: October 04, 2022, 03:44:38 PM »

To think that Liz Cheney would have any impact in a AZ race is laughable. She doesn't even have impact in her home state. Republicans hate her and the only reason democrats "like" her is because she calls out the GOP with every opportunity she has. It's not even a Trump thing anymore either. She is very critical of the majority of modern day Republicans. This isn't a party of neocons anymore. Liz should really leave the Republican party and just become an independent. 
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #506 on: October 04, 2022, 03:59:38 PM »

To think that Liz Cheney would have any impact in a AZ race is laughable. She doesn't even have impact in her home state. Republicans hate her and the only reason democrats "like" her is because she calls out the GOP with every opportunity she has. It's not even a Trump thing anymore either. She is very critical of the majority of modern day Republicans. This isn't a party of neocons anymore. Liz should really leave the Republican party and just become an independent. 
You are ignoring the fact that AZ Republicans do quite well downballot because of people who adore neocons like Liz Cheney. Hobbs appearing with Cheney could get the college Ed vote to match or even exceed 2020. That would be a problem for Lake, who so far has coasted on name recognition from her being a reporter and Hobbs ineptitude as a candidate.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #507 on: October 04, 2022, 04:41:10 PM »

Looks like Dems are still spending more in this race.

Both parties have upped their spending investment by at least 40% over the last two weeks, with Republicans spending $1.3 million and Democrats spending $2.4 million. Virtually all the spending has come from state parties, the candidates themselves or the Republican Governors Association.

https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/meetthepressblog/texas-arizona-top-list-competitive-gubernatorial-races-seeing-influx-n-rcna50668
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #508 on: October 05, 2022, 12:46:00 PM »

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #509 on: October 05, 2022, 02:04:17 PM »

Trying to pull a fast one like Masters did. Must not like the polling.

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #510 on: October 05, 2022, 03:34:38 PM »

Trying to pull a fast one like Masters did. Must not like the polling.

WOW!

That really tells you everything you need to know about how salient and widespread the backlash against Dobbs remains.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #511 on: October 05, 2022, 05:48:50 PM »

Yet another opportunity for Hobbs. This is the most obvious example yet of Lake being two-faced. Hell, tie her to Walker.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #512 on: October 05, 2022, 06:24:17 PM »

Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #513 on: October 05, 2022, 06:37:13 PM »

Yet another opportunity for Hobbs. This is the most obvious example yet of Lake being two-faced. Hell, tie her to Walker.
She doesn't want to call her out. Debate is in less than 2 weeks but she can still RSVP.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #514 on: October 05, 2022, 09:08:31 PM »

Katie Hobbs ditched the Hispanic Town Hall tonight

Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #515 on: October 05, 2022, 09:33:42 PM »

Katie Hobbs ditched the Hispanic Town Hall tonight

Lord Jesus! It seems as if Hobbs wants to lose the election.
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #516 on: October 05, 2022, 09:35:44 PM »

Do we know why she didn't attend? This was not a debate, right? Because I remember reading that Hobbs would not debate Lake.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #517 on: October 05, 2022, 10:36:06 PM »

Bro all she had to do was go on stage, call Kari Lake a sussybaka, mic drop, and leave.

HidingCommentary
Rookie
United States

« Reply #518 on: October 05, 2022, 11:18:45 PM »

For whatever reason, Hobbs refuses to share a stage with Lake.

That said, her and Lake just did a town hall on the third that airs on Telemundo this Saturday.
kwabbit

« Reply #519 on: October 05, 2022, 11:50:22 PM »

That said, her and Lake just did a town hall on the third that airs on Telemundo this Saturday.

Hobbs said that she doesn’t want to platform Lake, but Lake is getting tons of airtime and coverage that could be going to Hobbs if she was campaigning as visibly. Hiding from the voters just isn’t a good look. I think Hobbs could make an easy case that she’s the better woman for the job, but abstaining from events just comes across as entitled.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #520 on: October 06, 2022, 07:28:37 AM »

Cheney essentially endorses Hobbs

Duke of York

« Reply #521 on: October 06, 2022, 09:50:23 AM »

Hobbs said that she doesn’t want to platform Lake, but Lake is getting tons of airtime and coverage that could be going to Hobbs if she was campaigning as visibly. Hiding from the voters just isn’t a good look. I think Hobbs could make an easy case that she’s the better woman for the job, but abstaining from events just comes across as entitled.

Hobbs is running an awful campaign. At this point I'm calling the election for Lake. If Hobbs wins I'll consider it an upset.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #522 on: October 06, 2022, 10:03:06 AM »

I'll give you that she should've done this event (her team claims there was a scheduling conflict), but I still think people seem to be overblowing stuff like this.

Hobbs is just as much out there as Lake is - maybe even more - just check her socials. Not to mention, Hobbs/Dems are spending more $$ on this race as well.

The idea that not going to 1 single event is "hiding from voters" is doing the most, but people seem to be obsessed with giving Lake a ton of credit for really not doing much in this race, while this narrative of Hobbs not doing anything keeps popping up with little proof.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #523 on: October 06, 2022, 10:18:14 AM »

Do we know why she didn't attend? This was not a debate, right? Because I remember reading that Hobbs would not debate Lake.
This is a stunt pulled by Lake. This isn’t a real town hall.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #524 on: October 06, 2022, 10:30:30 AM »
« Edited: October 06, 2022, 10:33:33 AM by Devout Centrist »

Bro all she had to do was go on stage, call Kari Lake a sussybaka, mic drop, and leave.
No, because Lake staged this event and stacked the audience with her supporters.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 52  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies