Arizona megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:10:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Arizona megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 52
Author Topic: Arizona megathread  (Read 69498 times)
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #450 on: September 27, 2022, 03:15:57 PM »

We have our first Lake ad:

ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #451 on: September 27, 2022, 03:20:15 PM »

The goal of this ad is to just paint her as a nice person. It doesn't explain any of her policy nor combat any sort of fringe positions she has been accused of holding.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #452 on: September 27, 2022, 03:33:45 PM »

Lmao what a terrible ad. "People have been lying about me. I'm not going to refute any of those lies or even say what they are, but here's a very brief backstory."
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #453 on: September 27, 2022, 04:02:55 PM »

So Lake is apparently putting $7.5M behind that ad, with help from Yuma County GOP. They must be fronting a lot of the bill, because last I saw, Lake had only raised a few million herself.

Also interesting, RGA has spent $4M hitting Hobbs with negative ads according to the NBC article on that ad, and yet Hobbs' favorables still seem in tact.
xavier110
United States
« Reply #454 on: September 27, 2022, 05:19:02 PM »

The goal of this ad is to just paint her as a nice person. It doesn't explain any of her policy nor combat any sort of fringe positions she has been accused of holding.

Well, yeah, people vote on feelings. It’s a pretty good ad.

So Lake is apparently putting $7.5M behind that ad, with help from Yuma County GOP. They must be fronting a lot of the bill, because last I saw, Lake had only raised a few million herself.

Also interesting, RGA has spent $4M hitting Hobbs with negative ads according to the NBC article on that ad, and yet Hobbs' favorables still seem in tact.

Yeah, I haven’t seen any anti Hobbs stuff.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #455 on: September 27, 2022, 05:29:12 PM »

Based move by Cheney.

There's a lot criticize her for, especially her hawkish stances, though you got to give her credit for making the right call here.

If this is where she is going, she should be the next President.

LOL.

No.

Cheney is still sh**t on 95% of issues. Just cause the bar is so low for Republicans doesn't mean we start supporting the barley palatable ones for elected office.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #456 on: September 27, 2022, 06:27:52 PM »

Honestly Hobbs should just run her own TV appearances as ads then

xavier110
United States
« Reply #457 on: September 28, 2022, 02:59:03 PM »

One of the stranger attacks on Hobbs recently has been a story about her not reporting income from her Uber side gig in 2016.

I don’t know why Hobbs isn’t running with the story. It really humanizes her. Kinda blows my mind that our Secretary of State was chaffeuring people around Phoenix five years ago to support her family. I would like to see more of that side of Katie—I think it would endear people to her.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #458 on: September 28, 2022, 04:13:43 PM »

One of the stranger attacks on Hobbs recently has been a story about her not reporting income from her Uber side gig in 2016.

I don’t know why Hobbs isn’t running with the story. It really humanizes her. Kinda blows my mind that our Secretary of State was chaffeuring people around Phoenix five years ago to support her family. I would like to see more of that side of Katie—I think it would endear people to her.

IIRC, I think she is - I saw some video she posted the other day about it
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #459 on: September 28, 2022, 08:54:39 PM »

But Republicans are the party of the working class!!!!11111!!!
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #460 on: September 28, 2022, 08:57:03 PM »

Of the white working class, but not of the minority working class - at least, not now. That would be a true realignment if that were to occur.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #461 on: September 29, 2022, 02:50:45 AM »

Of the white working class, but not of the minority working class - at least, not now. That would be a true realignment if that were to occur.

Perhaps, but 90% of the time in politics when people say "the working class" they mean 40+ white men without a college degree.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #462 on: September 29, 2022, 07:44:36 AM »

Perhaps, but 90% of the time in politics when people say "the working class" they mean 40+ white men without a college degree.

Well, that's one and the same as the white working class, is it not? I personally have not seen this kind of distinction. The distinctions I notice are usually made along racial lines.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #463 on: September 29, 2022, 08:15:18 AM »

xavier110
United States
« Reply #464 on: September 29, 2022, 10:12:59 AM »

Sigh. Lol
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #465 on: September 29, 2022, 02:30:32 PM »

Well, that's one and the same as the white working class, is it not? I personally have not seen this kind of distinction. The distinctions I notice are usually made along racial lines.

Honestly it kind of annoys me a bit that "working class" is always synonyms with rural white voters of lower education levels. The fact is the vast, vast majority of this country is working class, even in states or communities often associated with wealth.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #466 on: September 29, 2022, 04:26:26 PM »

Sigh. Lol

Given that poll is an R+10 sample it's not that bad for the Ds lol
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #467 on: September 29, 2022, 05:07:23 PM »

Sigh. Lol

Yeah, I was going to say the same thing. At a minimum both races (like the gubernatorial race) seem to be tossups where they could very well have been more Republican due to less interest in them.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #468 on: September 29, 2022, 05:34:33 PM »

Sigh. Lol

R+10 in terms of registration? Don't Rs still have a pretty big registration advantage in AZ anyways?
xavier110
United States
« Reply #469 on: September 29, 2022, 05:43:19 PM »
« Edited: September 29, 2022, 05:50:06 PM by xavier110 »

NYT profiled the race. The usual stuff, it’s competitive, Lake is insane and Hobbs is uninspiring, abortion being back in the conversation helps her, yadda, yadda, yadda. I was hoping to find an interesting nugget, but nope
xavier110
United States
« Reply #470 on: September 29, 2022, 05:48:34 PM »

Sigh. Lol

R+10 in terms of registration? Don't Rs still have a pretty big registration advantage in AZ anyways?

Not really. Statewide it’s 35% R, 34% I, 31% D
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #471 on: September 29, 2022, 05:55:36 PM »

Sigh. Lol

Huh for some reason I thought the gap was larger.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #472 on: September 29, 2022, 06:20:14 PM »

Sigh. Lol

Huh for some reason I thought the gap was larger.

I think it used to be, but the R's have lost a lot of ground to Independents (and D's have lost a little too, IIRC).
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #473 on: September 29, 2022, 07:10:39 PM »

Last two elections have followed the reg too, I think they have been R+3 and R+4
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #474 on: September 29, 2022, 07:45:01 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 52  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies