Tucker Carlson 2024 megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 08:53:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Tucker Carlson 2024 megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Tucker Carlson 2024 megathread  (Read 2031 times)
Red Velvet
Brazil

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2020, 09:25:38 PM »

Probably better than other republican options, which isn’t necessarily a compliment.

It would amplify effects seen in 2020, follow Trump’s “populism legacy” and polarize even more urban vs rural people by pandering to rural town problems and resentments.
Nightcore Nationalist
Okthisisnotepic.

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2020, 10:16:22 AM »

Tucker is one of the few other people who could replicate a devoted, large, hardcore fanbase like Trump (and to a much lesser extent, Bernie) did.  He can articulate his vision (and he does have a clear vision) as well or better than Trump, since he's more articulate.

Electability is another matter.  And his FOX (or hell, Trump TV for all we know by then) position could be far too lucrative to leave.
Medal506
United States

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2020, 10:26:10 AM »

Tucker has an extremely punchable face and is way more smarmy than Trump, who was legitimately charismatic in his own deranged way. 

Tucker is a huge dork who does not have the "regular guy speaking his mind" appeal that Trump had with his base in rural America. I could still see Tucker winning the primary but he will not win the general.

Yeah, but Trump is a billionaire so he too was somewhat disconnected to the average American voter.
Lord Halifax
Papua New Guinea

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2020, 10:43:31 AM »

lol
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2020, 10:47:44 AM »

Even if he's not, he has a long history as a cruel and powerful property mogul. That's not really very relatable.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2020, 12:26:06 AM »

Tucker has an extremely punchable face and is way more smarmy than Trump, who was legitimately charismatic in his own deranged way. 

Tucker is a huge dork who does not have the "regular guy speaking his mind" appeal that Trump had with his base in rural America. I could still see Tucker winning the primary but he will not win the general.

Yeah, but Trump is a billionaire so he too was somewhat disconnected to the average American voter.

I mean, yeah, it doesn't actually make sense that Trump was framed as the "working class hero" or whatever, but that's how he was framed and that's how his base saw him. That was largely due to his personality and "plain speaking" which Tucker does not have going or him.
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2020, 10:36:37 PM »

Well it looks like some of the Trump base has turned on Tucker for something he said about Sydney Powell. So I guess that's it for his potential campaign?
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2020, 11:03:43 PM »

Tucker is one of the few other people who could replicate a devoted, large, hardcore fanbase like Trump (and to a much lesser extent, Bernie) did.  He can articulate his vision (and he does have a clear vision) as well or better than Trump, since he's more articulate.

Electability is another matter.  And his FOX (or hell, Trump TV for all we know by then) position could be far too lucrative to leave.

I don’t think people flocked to Trump over an ideological vision.  He won the support of far more traditional Republicans than “new-to-the-fold ‘populists.’”  They flocked to him because he was a Republican who - for all his MANY faults - wasn’t going to take any shlt from Democrats or “apologize” (in quotes because it’s subjective and from the point of view of GOP partisans) for doing so, as many Republicans perceived Romney and McCain of doing.  Tucker would have neither that charisma nor that novelty, IMO, and will wind up with a surprisingly (or unsurprisingly, depending on one’s POV) small base of GOP voters explicitly devoted to paleoconservatism and “populism” on an ideological basis, rather than simply defeating liberals.
prag_prog
United States

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2020, 02:33:28 AM »

I didn't expect Trumpers to turn against Tucker Carlson of all the people lol...some of them think Tucker is compromised after that segment about Sidney Powell not sharing any evidence when Tucker's team contacted her
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2020, 02:46:26 AM »

I didn't expect Trumpers to turn against Tucker Carlson of all the people lol...some of them think Tucker is compromised after that segment about Sidney Powell not sharing any evidence when Tucker's team contacted her

They're getting really unhinged over at Gateway Pundit, way moreso than usual. Almost all of it directed at Tucker. It's hilarious.
Flyersfan232

« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2020, 08:28:06 AM »

I think his Fox News show is too lucrative for him to consider a run, but much stranger things have happened in this year alone. If he did somehow run, he would have a better chance than most candidates at inheriting the die-hard Trump base since he is a political outsider who is more populist on economic issues than the vast majority of elected Republicans.
when not a if and i am sure everyone will agree trump make trump tv a thing he will get carlson to join because fox is screwed once that happens
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2020, 08:19:28 PM »

Honestly, he's the Republicans' best candidate for 2024.
Pro-Israel, anti-Bibi
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2020, 02:04:21 PM »

He’s probably got more than Tom Cotton or Josh Hawley or the Trump kids. Although he’s gotta do something about that “eternally constipated” expression of his.
This is a man who thought a bow tie was a good look. I’m not sure he even knows it’s a problem.

This is Paul Simon erasure.

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2020, 08:00:15 PM »

He’s probably got more than Tom Cotton or Josh Hawley or the Trump kids. Although he’s gotta do something about that “eternally constipated” expression of his.
This is a man who thought a bow tie was a good look. I’m not sure he even knows it’s a problem.

This is Paul Simon erasure.

Could that dork beat the Russians though?
TransfemmeGoreVidal
Fulbright DNC
United States

« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2020, 08:08:45 PM »

The circular firing squad is hilarious
Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2020, 12:37:26 PM »

The Pundits when discussing Bush Sr, 1988:
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2020, 01:23:08 PM »

Tucker Carlson honestly is the only one who scares me (well the only non-Trump family member)
The other full-on Trumpers just don’t seem to have that profile/ability to connect and are afraid to take their own track. It’s not bad they are “loyal”, but that alone won’t help a ton.
Meanwhile the moderate GOPers and wushu-washy Trumpers are screwed for obvious reasons.

Tucker Carlson is the only one who has clashed with Trump and still maintained at least some respect among the Trump world. This is not the first time he has criticized the orange buffoon. If he stands his ground, he can probably gain his own Trump-like cult following. After all, Trump supporters and most Republicans are like insecure wolves, they turn and worship the alpha.

Tucker has charisma (yes he does) is able to connect with voters, and is the only one who really can navigate a post-Trump World without the pitfalls of the other candidates.

For all the unmerited DeSantis hype (remember the last Floridian with a bunch of GOP hype?)
Tucker is the guy to beat if he wants to run.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies