According to Fox News Voter Analysis, Trump won only 51% of the cuban vote nationwide
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:50:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  According to Fox News Voter Analysis, Trump won only 51% of the cuban vote nationwide
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: According to Fox News Voter Analysis, Trump won only 51% of the cuban vote nationwide  (Read 1099 times)
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 05, 2020, 05:28:05 PM »

https://www.foxnews.com/elections/2020/general-results/voter-analysis

- the results in here seem to make more sense then from what we see in Edison, however Trump only winning 51% of the cuban vote seems underwhelming or is this analysis incorrect?
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2020, 05:29:59 PM »

That can't be right based of concentrated swings in certain neighborhoods of Miami-Dade.
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2020, 05:32:51 PM »

That can't be right based of concentrated swings in certain neighborhoods of Miami-Dade.
maybe Clinton overwhelmingly won the cuban vote nationwide or maybe the swing was just isolated to florida? something here is fishy, I wouldnt trust traditional exit polls anyway
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2020, 06:28:47 PM »

Am I right that most of the non-Florida Cuban vote is in New York? I doubt they get polled much there, and they could be more liberal based on growing up in a more urban and liberal area.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2020, 06:37:07 PM »

Who f***ing knows with this election? There is a lot that is really difficult to process.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2020, 09:31:46 PM »

Am I right that most of the non-Florida Cuban vote is in New York? I doubt they get polled much there, and they could be more liberal based on growing up in a more urban and liberal area.

New Jersey and yes Cubans outside of Miami are way more liberal and removed from the Castro focus.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2020, 09:35:29 PM »

Makes sense to me. Cubans in NYC or Texas or Cali or whatever are probably a lot less preoccupied w/ Castro.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2020, 09:37:50 PM »

maybe Clinton overwhelmingly won the cuban vote nationwide or maybe the swing was just isolated to florida? something here is fishy, I wouldnt trust traditional exit polls anyway

The NY times exit poll has Biden winning Hispanics by 66%-32%, which is wrong when looking at FL and TX. Even Puerto Rican heavy Osceola County had a giant swing to Trump. There was supposed to be a big swing to the Democrats in the Orlando area to counteract the Miami Dade collapse.
S019ian Liberal
Beacon

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2020, 10:02:35 AM »

i stood reading at "fox news voter analysis".
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2020, 10:10:24 AM »

The NY times exit poll has Biden winning Hispanics by 66%-32%, which is wrong when looking at FL and TX. Even Puerto Rican heavy Osceola County had a giant swing to Trump. There was supposed to be a big swing to the Democrats in the Orlando area to counteract the Miami Dade collapse.

The exit polls this cycle were unreliable and numerous commentators on twitter (including Silver and Wasserman) said to basically ignore them.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2020, 10:33:07 AM »

The swings in Hispanic voters do seem to be more nuanced than a simple uniform, or close to it, change nationwide so it'll probably take a while to get a solid understanding of what happened.
S019ian Liberal
Beacon

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2020, 03:06:11 PM »

The exit polls this cycle were unreliable and numerous commentators on twitter (including Silver and Wasserman) said to basically ignore them.

Lol! When it comes to the question of who's more reliable between Silver/Wasserman or their ilk of the like, and the exit polls versus traditional survey-based voter data. I know who do trust and exactly what I'll be ignoring!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies