Donald Trump Won't Leave
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 06:13:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Donald Trump Won't Leave
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Donald Trump Won't Leave  (Read 3624 times)
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 05, 2020, 08:04:45 AM »

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-05/us-election-former-trump-adviser-says-he-wont-leave-graciously/12852004

John Bolton:

"My view is that we need to cut this albatross off from around our neck as soon as possible."
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2020, 10:16:48 AM »

Trump never does anything graciously. 
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2020, 10:26:57 AM »

He shouldn't leave.  He should fight for every single vote, just as Al Gore this because his supporters expect him to be every bit as tenacious as Al Gore was in contesting the vote in Florida and other places.

I support President Trump's efforts to LEGALLY challenge election results and election procedures.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2020, 11:00:12 AM »

He shouldn't leave.  He should fight for every single vote, just as Al Gore this because his supporters expect him to be every bit as tenacious as Al Gore was in contesting the vote in Florida and other places.

I support President Trump's efforts to LEGALLY challenge election results and election procedures.
Um, Al Gore fought for every vote to be counted. Trump is literally fighting for the opposite of that. Nice try though.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2020, 11:41:30 AM »

He doesn't have to leave until Jan 6th when the House and Senate counts the EC votes, and we have a winner. Biden didn't create the landslide to cut short this process. If it ends 270-268, pressure on NEB 2 will be placed on whomever he is to vote TRUMP

It's premature for Biden to declare victory until Dec 15 the when the electors meet
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2020, 11:55:40 AM »

He doesn't have to leave until Jan 6th when the House and Senate counts the EC votes, and we have a winner. Biden didn't create the landslide to cut short this process. If it ends 270-268, pressure on NEB 2 will be placed on whomever he is to vote TRUMP

It's premature for Biden to declare victory until Dec 15 the when the electors meet
The elector from NE-2 is almost certainly a loyal partisan democrat. Why would they flip the election to Trump?
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2020, 12:22:05 PM »

Um, Al Gore fought for every vote to be counted. Trump is literally fighting for the opposite of that. Nice try though.

He's fighting for fraudulent ballots to not be counted.  Al Gore was as well.

I'm OK with that.  A fraudulent ballot deprives honest voters of their rights.  "Count Every Vote" - even the fraudulent ones?  You tell me.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2020, 12:40:38 PM »

I'm OK with that.  A fraudulent ballot deprives honest voters of their rights.  "Count Every Vote" - even the fraudulent ones?  You tell me.
Actually what he is doing is peddling baseless conspiracy theories about fraudulent vote dumps with no basis in fact.

Moreover, Trump has repeatedly made statements with no legal basis indicating that he does not believe any votes should have been counted after election night (even the ones received by Election Day). His whining bears little relation to the legal process for contesting election results.
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2020, 02:45:15 PM »

I don't give two bits about Neocon moron John Bolton has to say.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2020, 02:55:22 PM »

I don't give two bits about Neocon moron John Bolton has to say.

I've "gone high" and updated my signature to Reagan's "City on the Hill" line.  But if I wanted to "go low", this post is sig-worthy!   Smile
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2020, 09:04:02 PM »

What do you consider to be a fraudulent ballot, Fuzzy? Is it just any ballot that happened to not be counted prior to November 4th? Pretty convenient, in that case.

Face it. Your boy is toast.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2020, 10:07:24 PM »

Trump doesn't get to make up imaginary rules about which ballots are legal and which are illegal.
Senator Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2020, 10:29:29 PM »

Well said.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2020, 11:39:27 PM »

What do you consider to be a fraudulent ballot, Fuzzy? Is it just any ballot that happened to not be counted prior to November 4th? Pretty convenient, in that case.

Face it. Your boy is toast.

A ballot that is not received by the date that state's rules call for it being received should not be counted.

A ballot whose signature does not match the signature on the voting roll should not be counted.

A ballot received after November 3rd should be considered a provisional ballot and kept separate with the signature card preserved.

That's to say nothing of ballots of people that do not reside where they say they reside, are dead, etc.  Or ballots postmarked on the last date for voting when they were really received by the post office after that date.

https://www.sgtreport.com/2020/11/michigan-usps-whistleblower-claims-late-ballots-received-backdated-postmarks/

Is it true?  It certainly could be.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2020, 12:20:22 AM »

A ballot that is not received by the date that state's rules call for it being received should not be counted.

Ok. So given that the ballots in Pennsylvania still being counted were all received by the day that PA election law states, and given that this law was upheld by the PA courts despite the objection of our orangutan president, it sounds like you should be disagreeing with Trump when he says these ballots shouldn't be counted.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2020, 12:28:05 AM »

Ok. So given that the ballots in Pennsylvania still being counted were all received by the day that PA election law states, and given that this law was upheld by the PA courts despite the objection of our orangutan president, it sounds like you should be disagreeing with Trump when he says these ballots shouldn't be counted.

I will leave the challenging of PA ballots to President Trump's campaign lawyers. 

Since we all have our "Whistleblower of Choice" here, this is mine.

A US Postal Service employee from Michigan has reportedly turned whistleblower, telling Project Veritas that his supervisor instructed mail carriers to collect and segregate new ballot envelopes received after the election cutoff so that they could be fraudulently back-dated with a Nov. 3 postmark.

I'm far from convinced all the ballots were honestly postmarked.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2020, 12:40:30 AM »

I will leave the challenging of PA ballots to President Trump's campaign lawyers. 

A US Postal Service employee from Michigan has reportedly turned whistleblower, telling Project Veritas that his supervisor instructed mail carriers to collect and segregate new ballot envelopes received after the election cutoff so that they could be fraudulently back-dated with a Nov. 3 postmark.

Why would you "leave it for Trump's lawyers?" Those ballots are not included in the criteria you just laid out. If the things you listed above are the only circumstances under which a ballot shouldn't be counted, then it sounds to me like-- by your own criteria-- Trump is trying to throw out hundreds of thousands of valid votes. Does that sit well with you?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2020, 01:45:29 AM »

How and why do you keep getting duped by these right-wing conspiracy theories?  Is it mostly from Fox News, Facebook, or some other conservative feedback loop?

Project Veritas was founded in 2010 by James O'Keefe.[28]

During the 2016 campaign, the organization falsely claimed to have shown that the Hillary Clinton campaign accepted illegal donations from foreign sources.[29] O'Keefe was sued for defamation by a man he wrongfully depicted as a "willing participant in an underage sex-trafficking scheme"; the suit led to a settlement in 2013, in which O'Keefe issued an apology and paid $100,000.[30][31][32]

In 2017, Project Veritas was caught in a failed attempt to trick The Washington Post into posting a fabricated story about Roy Moore.[12][13][33][34] Rather than uncritically publish a story that accused Republican candidate Moore of impregnating a teenager, The Washington Post critically examined the story that they were presented with, checked the source, assessed her credibility and ultimately found that there was no merit to her claims, and that instead Project Veritas were trying to dupe The Washington Post.[25]

O'Keefe has been barred from fundraising for Project Veritas in Florida and other states because of his federal criminal record for entering a federal building under fraudulent pretenses.[35][36]
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2020, 01:53:22 AM »

Once the Electors meet on Dec 15th and certify Biden as 46th Prez, Biden will move into transition mode, and pressure will build on Trump to concede. Karl Rove already said it's getting close to Trump conceding
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2020, 01:57:17 AM »

How and why do you keep getting duped by these right-wing conspiracy theories?  Is it mostly from Fox News, Facebook, or some other conservative feedback loop?

During the 2016 campaign, the organization falsely claimed to have shown that the Hillary Clinton campaign accepted illegal donations from foreign sources.[29] O'Keefe was sued for defamation by a man he wrongfully depicted as a "willing participant in an underage sex-trafficking scheme"; the suit led to a settlement in 2013, in which O'Keefe issued an apology and paid $100,000.[30][31][32]

In 2017, Project Veritas was caught in a failed attempt to trick The Washington Post into posting a fabricated story about Roy Moore.[12][13][33][34] Rather than uncritically publish a story that accused Republican candidate Moore of impregnating a teenager, The Washington Post critically examined the story that they were presented with, checked the source, assessed her credibility and ultimately found that there was no merit to her claims, and that instead Project Veritas were trying to dupe The Washington Post.[25]

O'Keefe has been barred from fundraising for Project Veritas in Florida and other states because of his federal criminal record for entering a federal building under fraudulent pretenses.[35][36]

Don't bother. Now that someone is actually presenting pushback to his absurd claims, he will never respond to this thread again. That appears to be the strategy of Trumpists on this site-- just lob bullsh*t grenades everywhere you can, and if someone makes a real effort to put the fire out, just ignore it and move on to the next conspiracy theory.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2020, 02:03:35 AM »

How and why do you keep getting duped by these right-wing conspiracy theories?  Is it mostly from Fox News, Facebook, or some other conservative feedback loop?

Don't bother. Now that someone is actually presenting pushback to his absurd claims, he will never respond to this thread again. That appears to be the strategy of Trumpists on this site-- just lob bullsh*t grenades everywhere you can, and if someone makes a real effort to put the fire out, just ignore it and move on to the next conspiracy theory.

Hillary Clinton had to concede, the shoe was on the other foot in 2016, Hillary took her medicine and conceded to Trump, it's time for Trump to concede in front of his supporters every Prez candidate conceded.

Trump needs to say to his supporters we fell short, but I bless you for supporting me thru this transition period to the 46th Prez of Biden
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2020, 08:40:26 AM »

Trump is going to have a chance to leave office in the way he has never behaved while holding it: with grace and dignity. He can still run in 2024 - there's the precedent of Cleveland. (I think he'll be too old and beset by legal problems, among other things, but a graceful departure won't change his chances.) He can even be his usual two-faced self and whine to his base while handling the transition itself well. It would put a final capstone on his Presidency that might even burnish his historical portrayal. But I suspect the odds of all that are near-nonexistent. He's going to go meet his fate whining and screaming, a spoiled man-child throwing a tantrum without a care in the world for anything but himself.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2020, 10:28:54 AM »

Well I didn't need John Bolton to tell me this, but it certainly seems like he's going to have to be escorted out.
Wakie77
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2020, 01:20:09 PM »

How many porn stars do you think Trump paid to visit him at the White House?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2020, 08:26:36 PM »

We should get a care package of hankies and Visine for fuzzy.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies