So, this election has pretty much been a extinction event for WV Dems..
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 13, 2024, 04:57:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  So, this election has pretty much been a extinction event for WV Dems..
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: So, this election has pretty much been a extinction event for WV Dems..  (Read 963 times)
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 04, 2020, 10:40:04 AM »

Presidential - Trump 68.6%  Biden 29.6%.

Senate - Shelly Anne Capito 64.7% Swearengin 32.8%.

Governor - Jim Justice 64.1% Ben Salango 30.4%.

WV 1 - David McKinley 68.7% Natalie Cline 31.2%.

WV 2 - Alex Mooney 63.1% Cathy Kunkel 36.9%.

WV 3 - Carol Miller 71.4% Hilary Turner 28.6%.

Attorney General - Morrisey 64% Petsonk 36%.

Agriculture Commissioner - Leonhardt 65% Beach 35%.

Auditor - McCuskey 67% Claytor 33%.

Secretary of State - Warner 58% Tennant (one of the best the Dems have to offer in WV ) 42%.

Treasurer - Moore 56% Perdue 44%. Flip..

After voting to convict and voting against Amy Coney Barrett, Manchin is done in 2024 if he even decides to run for re-election..
Astatine

Political Matrix
E: -0.72, S: -5.90

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2020, 10:46:11 AM »

What is the state of the state legislature races?

And how did PJS underperform Natalie Tennant's performance, but could still flip Raleigh County by a decisive margin? Is she from there?
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2020, 10:52:25 AM »

Secretary of State - Warner 58% Tennant (one of the best the Dems have to offer in WV ) 42%.

After voting to convict and voting against Amy Coney Barrett, Manchin is done in 2024 if he even decides to run for re-election..

So much for Biden getting 38% of the vote in West Virginia, like polls seemed to suggest.
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2020, 11:24:58 AM »

And how did PJS underperform Natalie Tennant's performance, but could still flip Raleigh County by a decisive margin? Is she from there?
Supermajority.. several seats flipped.
https://www.wvpublic.org/government/2020-11-04/w-va-gop-achieves-supermajority-in-house-of-delegates-flips-several-dem-districts
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2020, 12:14:41 AM »

Manchin will probably lose by more than Blanche Lincoln and Doug Jones (who, well, got Blanched as well) if he decides to run to for reelection, but I don’t think he’s dumb enough to actually do that (and his voting record demonstrates that).

It’s beyond embarrassing that Republicans failed to flip this seat in 2018, though. Even more pathetic than losing AL-SEN 2017 or MA-SEN 2010 for Dems.
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2020, 12:32:25 PM »

Updated numbers for Senate.. Capito 70.4% Swearengin 26.9%.
Astatine

Political Matrix
E: -0.72, S: -5.90

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2020, 12:41:41 PM »

Btw, apparently, NYT accidentally flipped the the vote count for PJS and SMC in Raleigh. I was so confused when I saw that.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2020, 04:09:21 PM »

Sad.

Manchin is retiring in 2024.

Ojeda could keep it, but it is not likely.

https://www.wowktv.com/news/west-virginia/wv-democrats-soul-searching-after-rough-election-day-results/
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2020, 04:24:00 PM »

Updated numbers for Senate.. Capito 70.4% Swearengin 26.9%.

I had predicted months ago that Capito could break 70%, and she has indeed. Lummis also got over 70% in Wyoming. Conversely, the only Democrat who is breaking 60% thus far is Jack Reed in Rhode Island. As in 2018, the Senatorial results are underwhelming for Democrats.
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2020, 04:38:09 PM »

No.. Ojeda sadly isn't the same guy who ran in 2018..

He's devolved into a full blown "Resistance" Dem, who constantly posts nonsense like this on his social media..

GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2020, 04:42:02 PM »

No.. Ojeda sadly isn't the same guy who ran in 2018..

He's devolved into a full blown "Resistance" Dem, who constantly posts nonsense like this on his social media..

is he wrong though? my state (SC) would do the same
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2020, 05:50:44 PM »

Manchin will probably lose by more than Blanche Lincoln and Doug Jones (who, well, got Blanched as well) if he decides to run to for reelection, but I don’t think he’s dumb enough to actually do that (and his voting record demonstrates that).

It’s beyond embarrassing that Republicans failed to flip this seat in 2018, though. Even more pathetic than losing AL-SEN 2017 or MA-SEN 2010 for Dems.

I vote to change it to "Joned"
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2020, 05:52:18 PM »

I'm still astonished about how badly Jones ended up doing. He only ran 3% ahead of Biden, and failed to crack 40%. Moreover, he only won the counties that Democrats typically carry in Alabama-the Black Belt and Jefferson County.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2020, 07:46:24 PM »

I'm still astonished about how badly Jones ended up doing. He only ran 3% ahead of Biden, and failed to crack 40%. Moreover, he only won the counties that Democrats typically carry in Alabama-the Black Belt and Jefferson County.

Why is this surprising? AL is a polarised, deep southern state. This is where ticket-splitting potential is at its minimum.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2020, 07:47:51 PM »

He did nearly win Madison county with Huntsville though.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2020, 07:51:16 PM »

To help begin paying off the national debt, President Biden should sell West Virginia to the highest bidder.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2020, 07:51:55 PM »

Who care?
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2020, 08:00:16 PM »

I do..

The terminal decline of the once great WV democratic machine is something I continue to mourn.. even though the national party has long since left me behind.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2020, 08:06:30 PM »

I do..

The terminal decline of the once great WV democratic machine is something I continue to mourn.. even though the national party has long since left me behind.

Apologies, I haven’t been myself today Sad  That was a rather obnoxious comment on my part.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2020, 08:38:24 PM »

Why is this surprising? AL is a polarised, deep southern state. This is where ticket-splitting potential is at its minimum.

You're right, but polls had seemed to suggest that Jones might be able to keep his losing margin to low double digits-similar to the loss of Heidi Heitkamp in North Dakota back in 2018-and that he would garner over 40% of the popular vote. Of course, the polls turned out to be inaccurate, and the extent of Jones' unpopularity in Alabama was underestimated.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies