Buzz’s Quick Thoughts
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 04:34:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Buzz’s Quick Thoughts
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Buzz’s Quick Thoughts  (Read 439 times)
Buzz

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 04, 2020, 08:28:52 AM »

Hey Atlas people, haven’t ready anything on here in the last 24 hours as I was just focused on the results.  Here is a my takeaways from last night.

1. Shy Trump vote is real as I was trying to explain forever.
2. Polls suck, and Quinnipiac should be banned
3. As expected Wbrocks67 wrong about everything.
4. I’m pretty upset as I actually thought he would win.  I just woke up and it doesn’t really look possible anymore.
5. Thank god the GOP held the senate.
6. A lot of people here need to study politics and get a lot better understanding of this country.  As I said the whole Biden landslide or 413 map was NEVER in play.  My 290-248 map is looking potentially correct although who knows with GA and PA.
7. Trumpism is here to stay.

I’ll have more to say later but I just woke up and needed to compile some thoughts.  I haven’t read anything here yet so let me start.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2020, 08:45:19 AM »

I disagree vehemently that these results are in any way, shape, or form a positive thing, but Atlas is ultimately about prediction and analysis, and on that front you nailed it. Kudos for being right.
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2020, 08:53:05 AM »

The thing that really surprises me is how non-Evangelical rural whites stuck with Trump. The Trump movement has a lot of people who aren't really religious at all.

I would caution you that Trump most likely won a lot of votes from people who can't stand Trump or his movement, but voted out of party loyalty, fear of Democratic leftism and gun control, and the fact that they themselves are doing a lot better today than they were four years ago.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2020, 09:24:14 AM »

The thing that really surprises me is how non-Evangelical rural whites stuck with Trump. The Trump movement has a lot of people who aren't really religious at all.

I would caution you that Trump most likely won a lot of votes from people who can't stand Trump or his movement, but voted out of party loyalty, fear of Democratic leftism and gun control, and the fact that they themselves are doing a lot better today than they were four years ago.

If they voted for Trump, then they quite obviously can stand him and his movement, and in fact would most accurately be described as part of it.  (In particular, after two years of a Democratic trifecta under Obama that resulted in... a Cato Institute health care plan pioneered by Mitt Romney, anyone who votes Republican out of "fear of leftism and gun control" is stupidly malicious or maliciously stupid.)
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2020, 09:28:01 AM »

Minorities are clearly responsive to the populism of Trump.. as am I and many others who come from a blue collar background.

It's the future of the GOP.

Hawley 2024.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2020, 10:46:37 AM »

Minorities are clearly responsive to the populism of Trump.. as am I and many others who come from a blue collar background.

Hawley 2024.

I'm starting to think the future of a real people's movement in America might have to rely on blunting the cruel edges of both parties (the turboliberal/dictatorship of the woketariat/Man of the Year Travis Kalanick edge of the Democrats and the racist/misogynist/homophobic edge of the GOP) rather than just trying to score Democratic victories. The Rio Grande valley swinging hard towards Trump while (forgive me for using this shorthand) Karen Country swings hard towards Biden does not bode well for the leftist "vision" for the Democratic coalition.
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2020, 11:03:37 AM »

Hawley 2024.

I'm starting to think the future of a real people's movement in America might have to rely on blunting the cruel edges of both parties (the turboliberal/dictatorship of the woketariat/Man of the Year Travis Kalanick edge of the Democrats and the racist/misogynist/homophobic edge of the GOP) rather than just trying to score Democratic victories. The Rio Grande valley swinging hard towards Trump while (forgive me for using this shorthand) Karen Country swings hard towards Biden does not bode well for the leftist "vision" for the Democratic coalition.

As a great (leftist) man once said:

Trends are real, and I f**king hate it
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies