CONGRESSIONAL RESULTS MEGA THREAD
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 12, 2024, 10:55:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CONGRESSIONAL RESULTS MEGA THREAD
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 ... 89
Author Topic: CONGRESSIONAL RESULTS MEGA THREAD  (Read 70084 times)
cinyc
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #800 on: November 11, 2020, 08:02:05 PM »

If you want to see what the vote in Alaska looks like so far, here are my interactive maps:

https://cinycmaps.com/index.php/state-maps/ak/ak-2020-ge

Click on Menu to change what's mapped.

Note that, as always, only the in-person election day vote is broken down by precinct on the default map. You'll have to click on U.S. Pres-->More-->By HD to see other vote types.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #801 on: November 11, 2020, 08:18:12 PM »

CA-39

I am starting to get downright ANGRY at these Media Outlets. Kim is still up 4K! Why can't they call this Race?
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #802 on: November 11, 2020, 08:20:09 PM »

How did dems do in that Kansas district that was freakishly close in special election in mid 2017?

Estes (R) won by 28.

I wonder how the district voted at the presidential level. I notice that Sedgwick County was closer than in 2016.
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #803 on: November 11, 2020, 08:49:07 PM »

I think CNN has the most accurate House Map right now so I'll go with them from now on until everything is decided.

https://edition.cnn.com/election/2020/results/house

DEMOCRATS 218
REPUBLICANS 203
14 Races Uncalled

For the purpose of this Exercise I'll give CA-25 (Garcia vs Smith; Too many LA County Ballots left),
IL-14 (Underwood vs Oberweis), NY-3 (Suozzi vs Santos), NY-18 (Maloney vs Farley); NY-19 (Delgado vs Van de Water) to the Democrats bringing them to 223.

I'll also give CA-39 (Cisneros vs Kim), CA-21 (Cox vs Valadao; Since Kings won't restart counting until Nov. 21 and is Valadao's stronghold Cox would need a lead heading into that count), IA-2 (Miller-Meeks vs Hart), LA-5 (Runoff between two Republicans), NY-24 (Katko vs Balter) and UT-4 (McAdams vs Owens) to the Republicans bringing them to 209.

Three Races I see as totally Jump Balls: NY-2 (Open; Garbarino vs Gordon); NY-11 (Rose vs Malliotakis) and NY-22 (Brindisi vs Tenney).

Best Case Scenario: Republicans win all 3 bringing them to 212-223 in the House.
Worst Case Scenatio: Republicans lose all 3 bringing them to 209-226 in the House.

Republicans would need to flip only 9 Seats to win House Control back in 2022 in a worst-case scenario.

Those “jump balls” should all go GOP.

Speaking of NY, you don't think the Dem candidate will win about 50% of the absentee ballots of registered Pubs and 100% of everything else? The total absentees might by as much as about 10% higher than the totals here, but that is about the max increase.

Assuming the second NY-11 is actually NY-3, there is a portion of the district in Queens.

I did not understand your question. Perhaps word it as an assertion on your part what you think might happen.
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #804 on: November 11, 2020, 09:01:00 PM »

If you want to see what the vote in Alaska looks like so far, here are my interactive maps:

Note that, as always, only the in-person election day vote is broken down by precinct on the default map. You'll have to click on U.S. Pres-->More-->By HD to see other vote types.
Are they counting the mail ballots in any systemic manner? By AD for example?

An ADN article suggested that they were.

I'm mostly interested in the Top 4 referendum.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #805 on: November 11, 2020, 09:18:12 PM »

They're largely trying to count a certain group of HDs up to a certain date at a time. I know what they were supposed to count yesterday, but the Anchorage office also got to a few other HDs. I don't know what they're counting today.

-All but about 500 of the early votes have been counted.
-Most of the Questioned vote is still out.
-About 3/5ths of the absentees are still out.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #806 on: November 11, 2020, 09:24:19 PM »

"Assuming the second NY-11 is actually NY-3, there is a portion of the district in Queens.

'I did not understand your question. Perhaps word it as an assertion on your part what you think might happen."

Yes indeed, NY-03 is blessed with a Queen component, but actually NY-11 = NY 02 (so many numbers, so little time to the old brain). The Queens are not going to vote en mass for a Pub who has lost absent a Queen revolt. Who knew?  
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #807 on: November 11, 2020, 09:33:16 PM »

I am more interested with your Alaska obsession, the one state other than ND that has not yet been graced by my presence. I can understand being obsessed with upstate NY. That place is where ghosts are most at home.
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #808 on: November 12, 2020, 01:54:20 AM »

They're largely trying to count a certain group of HDs up to a certain date at a time. I know what they were supposed to count yesterday, but the Anchorage office also got to a few other HDs. I don't know what they're counting today.

-All but about 500 of the early votes have been counted.
-Most of the Questioned vote is still out.
-About 3/5ths of the absentees are still out.
I had recorded the number of votes cast by the late night dump on Tuesday and compared  it with the 5:00 PM (AKST) dump for today. There were several HD with 100's of more votes, bunches with no change, and some with several 1000 more.

Those with lots more (1500 to 4000) on Wednesday were HD-14, HD-16, HD-17, HD-28, HD-30, and HD-35.

Those with 100's more: HD-3, HD-4, HD-5, HD-6. HD-9, HD-13, HD-15, HD-23, HD-25, HD-32, HD-33, HD-35, HD-39, HD-40.

The other 21 had no change.

So it would appear that they didn't get to some of the outer Anchorage districts until Wednesday. I remembered that they do report absentee ballots.

Tuesday:  15, 16. 19, 20, 21, 23, 25
Wednesday: 14, 26, 27
Thursday?: 13, 17, 18, 22, 24, 28

It is possible that Fairbanks (1-6 and 9) and Mat-Su (7, 8, and 10-12) are using a different scheme.

Are the western districts for the Juneau office (Kenai and Kodiak) handled independently? The four Nome districts (37-40) have not counted any absentees yet.

I think Top 4 will narrowly pass (perhaps 1% or less).

Does Alaska ever display absentee ballots by precinct, or do you have to estimate that?

What is the status of Egrexit? Just talk?
Annatar
Australia

« Reply #809 on: November 12, 2020, 09:32:41 AM »

Looks like at least 52,157 ballots left, Kean down by 9,708, he needs to win the remaining ballots by 18.7% to win.

https://twitter.com/wildstein/status/1326894606064168966
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #810 on: November 12, 2020, 10:33:48 AM »

VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #811 on: November 12, 2020, 10:35:18 AM »

More from one of Atlas' favorite states:

Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #812 on: November 12, 2020, 10:36:28 AM »

Looks like at least 52,157 ballots left, Kean down by 9,708, he needs to win the remaining ballots by 18.7% to win.

I love how this guy transformed himself from a Bridgegate fixer to NJ's equivalent of Ralston.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #813 on: November 12, 2020, 11:13:51 AM »

Update: Kean won 73% (!!!) of Hunterdon's latest drop, and there's still about 50K ballots uncounted.

https://newjerseyglobe.com/congress/kean-gains-1100-votes-in-nj-7-now-trails-malinowski-by-8598/
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #814 on: November 12, 2020, 11:23:02 AM »

Is this counting done precinct by precinct or are the ballots in a county being tabulated randomly?  I ask because in the Union County vote dump of 2,293 votes, Kean got 80%, while the vote split in the county gave Kean only 44% - a measly little 36% increase in his vote share from what came before. Essex apparently only has one precinct, so there the issue is moot, but in that precinct's vote dump of 396, Kean got 56%, as compared to his previous vote share of 33.5%. That precinct has another 500 votes to count supposedly.

Morris seems a tad more "normal," with Kean getting a mere 10% better than his previous vote share
(63% as compared to 53%), as opposed to wildly higher shares in Union and Essex.

It looks like Pub vote fraud to me! Ha! Moving right along, with these crazed numbers, how are people projecting anything that has something to do with "science" rather than astrology?
Annatar
Australia

« Reply #815 on: November 12, 2020, 11:23:12 AM »

Kean now needs to win the remaining vote by 17.3% assuming there are 49,753 ballots left, could be more as 49,753 is a lower end estimate.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #816 on: November 12, 2020, 11:26:10 AM »

Is this counting done precinct by precinct or are the ballots in a county being tabulated randomly?  I ask because in the Union County vote dump of 2,293 votes, Kean got 80%, while the vote split in the county gave Kean only 44% - a measly little 36% increase in his vote share from what came before. Essex apparently only has one precinct, so there the issue is moot, but in that precinct's vote dump of 396, Kean got 56%, as compared to his previous vote share of 33.5%.

Morris seems a tad more "normal, with Kean getting a mere 10% better than his previous vote share
(63% as compared to 53%), as opposed to wildly higher shares in the Union and Essex.

It looks like Pub vote fraud to me! Ha! Moving right along, with these crazed numbers, how are people projecting anything that has something to do with "science" rather than astrology?

I think ballots are being counted in the order they were received.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #817 on: November 12, 2020, 11:33:48 AM »

Kean now needs to win the remaining vote by 17.3% assuming there are 49,753 ballots left, could be more as 49,753 is a lower end estimate.

It appears that 50k is a *higher end* estimate:

"But the number could also experience a sudden drop, if a significant number of vote-by-mail voters who tracked their own ballots online also voted provisionally after being unable to verify that election officials had received their ballots.”

We also don't know the composite of what is left. We could still have more GOP-heavy batches left, or this could be a CO situation where we get thru the GOP-heavy batches to then have 50/50 or Dem-leaning batches rounding it out.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #818 on: November 12, 2020, 11:34:51 AM »

"But the number could also experience a sudden drop, if a significant number of vote-by-mail voters who tracked their own ballots online also voted provisionally after being unable to verify that election officials had received their ballots.”

We also don't know the composite of what is left. We could still have more GOP-heavy batches left, or this could be a CO situation where we get thru the GOP-heavy batches to then have 50/50 or Dem-leaning batches.

Also, how many left are provisionals?  I really doubt the provisionals will be particularly Republican heavy.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #819 on: November 12, 2020, 11:36:07 AM »

We also don't know the composite of what is left. We could still have more GOP-heavy batches left, or this could be a CO situation where we get thru the GOP-heavy batches to then have 50/50 or Dem-leaning batches.

Also, how many left are provisionals?  I really doubt the provisionals will be particularly Republican heavy.

Yep, it seems NJ is as bad as PA is with how many are left outstanding.

Also, given that NJ is already past 4 million votes statewide, I doubt there are 50K left in just this district. That would mean there is hundreds of thousands outstanding statewide, which seems... unlikely
Junior Chimp

« Reply #820 on: November 12, 2020, 11:47:57 AM »

Also, given that NJ is already past 4 million votes statewide, I doubt there are 50K left in just this district. That would mean there is hundreds of thousands outstanding statewide, which seems... unlikely
I'm getting worried about New York State! How many Congressional Seats will Democrats STEAL there?
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #821 on: November 12, 2020, 12:06:07 PM »

I'm getting worried about New York State! How many Congressional Seats will Democrats STEAL there?

shuttttt upppppppp pleeeasseee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #822 on: November 12, 2020, 12:46:25 PM »

UT-4 Update from yesterday

By my calculations there are only 11,533 Votes outstanding in SLC. Barring a Major favorable drop for Ben McAdams today in SLC Owens has this. McAdams would need 56-57 % of the remaining 11,533 Votes to pass Owens.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #823 on: November 12, 2020, 01:00:16 PM »

By Republican arguments, the late votes are fake and it's suspicious if they favor one party, therefore I claim Democratic victory in all of the seats.
ChiefFireWaterMike
LordRichard

« Reply #824 on: November 12, 2020, 01:03:09 PM »

By Republican arguments, the late votes are fake and it's suspicious if they favor one party, therefore I claim Democratic victory in all of the seats.
Ha ha, so funny, so unique.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 ... 89  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies