My 2020 Election Projection (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:01:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election Predictions (Moderator: muon2)
  My 2020 Election Projection (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My 2020 Election Projection  (Read 3408 times)
Admiral Stockdale
AdmiralStockdale

« on: November 03, 2020, 12:02:22 PM »

The fact that the Democratic nominee, Joe Biden, is uninspiring compared to his primary rival Bernie Sanders, and was a key sponsor of Republican policies such as the crime bill, NAFTA, Welfare reform, and the Iraq War, which will cause low turnout from Non-whites, Youth, and Union Workers.

I just don't see the low turnout playing out as has been evidenced from 100 million voting prior to election day.  I would have maybe agreed with this back in Jan/Feb, but I think that "I am going to stay home as opposed to voting for a candidate I don't like" attitude is much less strong this time around.  I will say that young, male, people of color may fall into the non-voter category (and will be somewhat surprisingly supporting Trump). 

While I agree that Biden isn't an inspiring candidate, he's not a disliked candidate (like Hillary was).

Also... the "shy Trump voter" thing plays both ways in strong Trump areas (e.g., The Villages in Florida).

Polling would need to have a larger, different error (or multiple errors) than in 2016 (maybe under weighting GOP turnout and over counting GOP defections).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies