My proposal for Peace in the Middle East
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:57:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  My proposal for Peace in the Middle East
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My proposal for Peace in the Middle East  (Read 999 times)
TRKL1917
Rookie
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 03, 2020, 04:18:55 AM »

Here is my proposal for Peace in the Middle East. Explanations for the proposed changes in my map are presented below. Please be open minded and respectfully critique my proposal, Enjoy!

1) Israel returns to the 1967 borders (with the exception of the Golan heights, which Israel keeps in exchange for allowing a fair, Two-State solution to the Palestinian conflict) with a independent Palestinian state created in the West Bank and Gaza Strip, which has East Jerusalem outside the Old city as its capital, and the Old city turned into a UN-administered “International zone” with equal access to holy sites for Christians, Muslims, and Jews. In addition to these border changes, all Israeli settlers in the West Bank and East Jerusalem outside the Old city would be evacuated to Israel, with the Settlements used to house Palestinian refugees who were expelled during the Six-day War and their descendants, while those Palestinians who were expelled during the 1948 war and their descendants, and who reside in refugee camps outside the territory of the independent state of Palestine (the West Bank and Gaza), would renounce their right to return and be integrated into their respective countries of residence.
 2) A independent Kurdistan is created from the Kurdish majority parts of Iran, Iraq, Turkey, and Syria.
 3) Lebanon is Balkanized into a Shia state in the South and East (ruled by Hezbollah), a Christian State in the Center, and a Sunni state in the North.
 4) Syria and Iraq are completely Balkanized with a new Sunni Arab state created out of Northern Iraq and most of Syria, Southern Iraq becoming a Shia Arab state (ruled by the Pro-Iranian PMF), the Kurdish areas of both countries going to Kurdistan, a Alawite state created on the Syrian coast (ruled by Assad), and a Druze state created in part of Southern Syria. In addition to this all U$ troops are withdrawn from these countries.
 5) Artsakh is merged with Armenia.
 6) Iranian Azerbaijan is given to Azerbaijan.
 7) A independent Balochistan is created out of the Balochi majority parts of Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Iran.
 Cool Afghanistan is completely Balkanized with the Tajik majority parts given to Tajikistan, the Uzbek majority parts given to Uzbekistan, a new Hazara state created in the center, and the Pashtun majority south merged with the Pashtun majority parts of Pakistan in a independent state of Pashtunistan (ruled by the Taliban). In addition to this all U$ troops are withdrawn from the country.
 9) The rump Pakistan will acquire Kashmir from India.
10) Yemen is split into a Shia-dominated North (ruled by the Houthis) and a Sunni-dominated South (ruled by the Pro-Saudi forces).
11) Hejaz (ruled by the Hashemite dynasty) is granted Independence from Saudi Arabia.
12) Shia-majority Bahrain is made part of the Shia Arab state of Southern Iraq.
13) Cyprus is partitioned between Greece (which gets the Greek-majority South) and Turkey (which gets the Turkish-majority North).
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2020, 08:25:38 AM »

Interesting, if nothing else.

One question is surely - would splitting an already small Lebanon into three tiny successor states be viable?
Saruku

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2020, 12:08:35 PM »

Seems like  divide-and-conquer imperialist's wet dream. The Zionist entity's regional hegemony would be even more umcontested.
TRKL1917
Rookie
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2020, 02:08:52 PM »

Seems like  divide-and-conquer imperialist's wet dream. The Zionist entity's regional hegemony would be even more umcontested.
Did you not see part 1 of my proposal where I return Israel to the 1967 borders (outside the Golan heights), and create a Independent Palestine in the West Bank and Gaza with its capital in East Jerusalem (outside the Old city which becomes a International Zone for Christians, Muslims, and Jews to access the holy sites). Or parts 3, 4, 10, and 12, where I create Pro-Iranian Shia states in Southern Iraq and Bahrain, North Yemen, Southern and Eastern Lebanon, and Coastal Syria, along with the fact that I have all U$ troops vacate the region, and stabilize Iran by removing the Ethnic minority regions. Overall, I believe my proposal is Anti-Zionist, Anti-Imperialist, and guided by the Universal principle of Self-determination for oppressed nations.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2020, 02:17:23 PM »

The f••• am I reading and seeing here?
TRKL1917
Rookie
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2020, 02:57:59 PM »

This is a Middle East Peace Proposal based on Anti-Zionism, Anti-Imperialism, and the principle of Self-determination for oppressed nations. Are you a Zionist, Imperialist, who opposes Peace and Self-determination for oppressed nations?
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2020, 03:00:56 PM »

This is a Middle East Peace Proposal based on Anti-Zionism, Anti-Imperialism, and the principle of Self-determination for oppressed nations. Are you a Zionist, Imperialist, who opposes Peace and Self-determination for oppressed nations?

How exactly are forcefully splitting Saudi Arabia and annexing Cyprus to Greece "anti-imperialist and based on the principle of self-determination?"
TRKL1917
Rookie
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2020, 03:06:05 PM »

How exactly are forcefully splitting Saudi Arabia and annexing Cyprus to Greece "anti-imperialist and based on the principle of self-determination?"
South Cyprus is ethnically Greek and thus belongs in Greece, whereas Hejaz is separated from Saudi Arabia in order to put Mecca and Medina under non-Saudi control.
palandio

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2020, 03:16:44 PM »

It's not like balkanization has brought a lot of luck to the Balkan.

In many parts of Central and South-Eastern Europe and the Middle East the history and distribution of ethnicities were just not made for ethno-states. Homogeneous nations and well-aligned borders are often the result of ethnic cleansing. But what is the point of creating new borders if they lead to new expulsions? Wouldn't today's Switzerland or South Tyrol be better examples to emulate for multi-ethnic nations and for majority-minority areas in a nation state respectively?

Particularly in the case of Lebanon it strikes me that almost 95% of the population is Levantine Arabs. Communities like the Arab Greek Orthodox are dispersed all over the country. (And over Syria, which is why many of them are Pan-Syrian nationalists.) And while the biggest concentration of Sunni Muslims is in Tripoli and the North, what are you going to do with the Sunni communities in West Beirut, Sidon, the lower Chouf and the Southern Bekaa valley? What are you going to do with the Druze? With the Maronites of Jezzine? Do you think that the three micro-Lebanons would be more feasible as states and as economies than Lebanon itself?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2020, 04:15:21 PM »

I like this guy!
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2020, 04:27:15 PM »

Eh, yeah, generally if you think you have a solution for peace in the Middle East, it's because you haven't understood the question.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2020, 07:29:36 PM »

Good attempt... but no, this will not lead to peace, nor is it feasible.
Saruku

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2020, 09:21:17 PM »

Anti-Zionists believe that the Zionist colonial project is completely illegitimate on both sides of the Green Lines. This isn't anti-Zionist.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2020, 10:46:43 PM »

Anti-Zionists believe that the Zionist colonial project is completely illegitimate on both sides of the Green Lines. This isn't anti-Zionist.

Good for you.

There is no scenario where Israel is dismantled without a massive war with devastating consequences for every single country that schemes to participate in its destruction. Those days are over.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2020, 07:25:31 AM »

(outside the Old city which becomes a International Zone for Christians, Muslims, and Jews to access the holy sites).
that's cute.  You think the Muslims would let Jews on the Temple Mount in this scheme of yours?  'cause they won't.  Not without acting like children.  Violent children.
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2020, 10:29:50 AM »

Good for you.

There is no scenario where Israel is dismantled without a massive war with devastating consequences for every single country that schemes to participate in its destruction. Those days are over.

I am no fan and haven't been for a long time, but agree that there is absolutely no way Israel is going away any time soon - the rest of us are just going to have to live with that.
Estrella
Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas)

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2020, 08:07:49 PM »

As well-intentioned as the proposal is, it's just a more colourful version of this:

Saruku

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2020, 09:11:46 PM »
« Edited: November 04, 2020, 09:16:34 PM by Saruku »

Good for you.

You are what I find objectionable about Zionism personified: a cruel, nihilistic, reactionary ideology that boils down to "if we can't beat the West, we should join 'em".
omar04

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2020, 10:30:53 PM »

This is not a very realistic map to put it mildly although that's not your intention. Firstly your Kurdistan and Azerbaijan borders are messed up. Afghanistan is completely off the mark and ignores that many areas are heterogeneous and the Hazara state is dead in the water along with any Uzbek annexations. A Pashtun  and Baluch state aren't happening either.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2020, 11:52:03 PM »

Good for you.

You are what I find objectionable about Zionism personified: a cruel, nihilistic, reactionary ideology that boils down to "if we can't beat the West, we should join 'em".

We don't particularly trust the west, we don't particularly trust you either, and that's the point of Zionism - we no longer have to. We've secured our own safety.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2020, 04:41:45 AM »

Kind of reminds me of that old Onion article about the US proposing a state for every single person in the middle East.

I'm most curious about the Kurdistan borders; they seem fairly wack. I also find it rather curious that if you're going after borders, you didn't leave the most obviously wrong one around: those of Jordan. I don't think the iraq-syria border is that bad historically speaking, but Jordan is a real oddball.
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2020, 06:37:14 AM »

Yes, the borders of Jordan really do have that "lines on maps" vibe more common in Africa.
jaymichaud
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 3.10, S: -7.83

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2020, 05:16:22 AM »

Are you like this because of the inbreeding or did baba whack you over the head with his shoe a little too hard when you were a kid?
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2020, 08:54:20 AM »

Kind of reminds me of that old Onion article about the US proposing a state for every single person in the middle East.

I recall variants of that about both the Balkans and ex-USSR too.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies