2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 05:07:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 761 762 763 764 765 [766] 767 768 769 770 771 ... 818
Author Topic: 2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread  (Read 651196 times)
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #19125 on: November 21, 2020, 07:55:49 PM »

Part of me is loving how salty he is about losing Georgia (and Georgia, specifically).  

This.

Why are Atlas liberals so upset about Trump becoming unhinged about the election results?  He has no chance in overturning the results.  We're literally watching him televise how his life is falling apart.  Just enjoy the show everyone.

Yes, let's all have fun watching somebody tell people with violent tendencies to "take back the country" and undermine the democratic processes.

Lets all sit back and watch with entertainment as Republicans show they are 100% willing to overthrow the election if an avenue were to ever open up.

It's this mindset that allowed people like Hitler to come to power, just watching on the sidelines and laughing, ignoring the danger that was in front of them.

Indeed, if Trump continues his antics, the idea that the election was illegitimate could be gaining traction among the Republican segment of the population. Everyone on this forum thinks that's ridiculous and that Trump is clearly a flailing sore loser, but then again this forum couldn't imagine that 47% in a turbocharged turnout election would vote for Trump.

If/when Trump launches his coup, in whatever form, it would be quite dangerous if he had 30-47% of the population behind him.

Trump's base has been brainwashed by him for years now.  They don't think covid is real.  They were going to view the election as fraudulent no matter what happened other than Trump winning.  There is nothing you can do to change their minds.  People here getting all worked up aren't going to change that fact.  Nor have the people complaining even suggested they are doing anything at all other than complaining here.

And your base is brainwashed too to believe that the blm and the destruction of our cities is acceptable. It really freaking isn't. We both know elements of the left did in fact committ violence this summer and I'll admit that elements of the right probably joined in. I am pretty far to the left on a great number of issues and voted for sanders in 2016 and 2020 but violence is never the answer. I believe Trump clearly losed to Biden but if we're going to heal this nation we have to condemn all violence be it left or right. We both must look in the mirror.

Also I believe Covid to be real. It is really sad Sad I'll even admit that Trump burnt his own house down with his own liberterian small government inaction having to do with this virus.

There's never going to be any healing if we both can't admit that our sides have at least some wrongs on our hands. I know for a fact the left isn't peaceful and the actions taken by many leftist groups are completely unacceptable. I watched it on live streams and t.v for months.

Are you too misinformed to know that Trump's own FBI director has said that right wing extremist groups pose a much bigger threat than anything from the left wing, or are you just convinced he's part of the deep state?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #19126 on: November 21, 2020, 08:08:49 PM »

Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #19127 on: November 21, 2020, 08:19:27 PM »

So I guess this is curtains for Trump in PA.

roxas11
United States

« Reply #19128 on: November 21, 2020, 08:24:07 PM »
« Edited: November 21, 2020, 08:27:15 PM by roxas11 »

Part of me is loving how salty he is about losing Georgia (and Georgia, specifically).  

This.

Why are Atlas liberals so upset about Trump becoming unhinged about the election results?  He has no chance in overturning the results.  We're literally watching him televise how his life is falling apart.  Just enjoy the show everyone.

Yes, let's all have fun watching somebody tell people with violent tendencies to "take back the country" and undermine the democratic processes.

Lets all sit back and watch with entertainment as Republicans show they are 100% willing to overthrow the election if an avenue were to ever open up.

It's this mindset that allowed people like Hitler to come to power, just watching on the sidelines and laughing, ignoring the danger that was in front of them.

Indeed, if Trump continues his antics, the idea that the election was illegitimate could be gaining traction among the Republican segment of the population. Everyone on this forum thinks that's ridiculous and that Trump is clearly a flailing sore loser, but then again this forum couldn't imagine that 47% in a turbocharged turnout election would vote for Trump.

If/when Trump launches his coup, in whatever form, it would be quite dangerous if he had 30-47% of the population behind him.

Trump's base has been brainwashed by him for years now.  They don't think covid is real.  They were going to view the election as fraudulent no matter what happened other than Trump winning.  There is nothing you can do to change their minds.  People here getting all worked up aren't going to change that fact.  Nor have the people complaining even suggested they are doing anything at all other than complaining here.

And your base is brainwashed too to believe that the blm and the destruction of our cities is acceptable. It really freaking isn't. We both know elements of the left did in fact committ violence this summer and I'll admit that elements of the right probably joined in. I am pretty far to the left on a great number of issues and voted for sanders in 2016 and 2020 but violence is never the answer. I believe Trump clearly losed to Biden but if we're going to heal this nation we have to condemn all violence be it left or right. We both must look in the mirror.

Also I believe Covid to be real. It is really sad Sad I'll even admit that Trump burnt his own house down with his own liberterian small government inaction having to do with this virus.

There's never going to be any healing if we both can't admit that our sides have at least some wrongs on our hands. I know for a fact the left isn't peaceful and the actions taken by many leftist groups are completely unacceptable. I watched it on live streams and t.v for months.

This "both sides are bad BS" is what got us Trump in the first place

Im sorry but even Trump own FBI knows that there is a big difference between rowdy protest from BLK or Antifa and a militant terrorist group in Michigan trying to kidnap and murder the Governor

Now Im all for calling out violence from the left and right          
but the reality is BLK has never done anthing close to what that militant terrorist group in Michigan did and all the "Both sides" spin in the world is not going to change that fact
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19129 on: November 21, 2020, 08:24:54 PM »

So how many votes are actually left out there outside of NY? Looks like almost everybody else is pretty much done?
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19130 on: November 21, 2020, 08:28:27 PM »
« Edited: November 21, 2020, 09:03:53 PM by Roll Roons »

So how many votes are actually left out there outside of NY? Looks like almost everybody else is pretty much done?

Mostly. There might be a few straggling votes here and there in other states, but I think NY is the only one with a significant number of votes left to count.
n1240

« Reply #19131 on: November 21, 2020, 08:30:32 PM »

Relative to my tally of 7.17 million votes, I expect about 1.3 million left.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19132 on: November 21, 2020, 08:31:12 PM »

This.

Why are Atlas liberals so upset about Trump becoming unhinged about the election results?  He has no chance in overturning the results.  We're literally watching him televise how his life is falling apart.  Just enjoy the show everyone.

This post shows an absurd level of histrionics.  Trump is being dismissed out of Court left and right.  He has a lawyer with hair dye streaming down his face.  There is literally zero chance he will overturn this election, but if you want to raise your blood pressure over nothing go right ahead.
He won’t overturn this election. But what happens in the next election? Or the one after that? What does the fact that state legislative leaders are willing to sit down and have the discussion with him at all say about the state of our democracy?

You guys seem to be confused by my posts.  I don't accept his behavior, but the bottom line is that complaining about it on a message board does nothing.  Most people know it's repugnant behavior.  But getting worked up and acting like there is some potential that he could actually steal the election is absurd.  Plus every single election there's always someone saying electors should switch their votes or this or that and it never goes anywhere. 
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #19133 on: November 21, 2020, 08:33:54 PM »

Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19134 on: November 21, 2020, 08:34:11 PM »

This.

You constantly do these false equivalencies. 

Left: Random BLM activist started a fire in some city.

Right: President of the United States enabled by the entire Republican Party apparatus commits crimes in plain view. 

Do you see the difference?
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19135 on: November 21, 2020, 08:58:49 PM »

complaining about it on a message board does nothing.  Most people know it's repugnant behavior.  But getting worked up and acting like there is some potential that he could actually steal the election is absurd.  Plus every single election there's always someone saying electors should switch their votes or this or that and it never goes anywhere. 

Right: President of the United States enabled by the entire Republican Party apparatus commits crimes in plain view. 

Which is it? Is Trump just another random person saying electors should switch their votes, or is he committing crimes in plain view? Does saying stuff on a message board do nothing, or is it worth debating?

You're arguing two sides of the same issue here.
DabbingSanta
United States
P P P
« Reply #19136 on: November 21, 2020, 09:01:02 PM »

A little off topic but can you change your avatar? You're the least-libertarian libertarian I have ever seen lol
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19137 on: November 21, 2020, 09:02:56 PM »

Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #19138 on: November 21, 2020, 09:17:51 PM »

The world IS watching, with disgust and contempt for him. We ARE concerned with the integrity of our elections, and his attempt to destroy that and gaslight us all is despicable. It’s already been pointed to by our adversaries as evidence that US democracy is a sham. He’s proven right everything his critics have ever said about how illiberal and anti-democratic he is, how little he cares about the values this nation was founded upon, how quick he would be to destroy them forever if he could get away with it.

Donald J. Trump has crossed a line no other president or candidate in the history of this nation ever has, even in the most turbulent and contentious times before, even after heated and disputed elections — not Jackson, not Tilden, not Cleveland, not Hoover, not Ford, not Carter, not Bush, not Gore, not Clinton, nobody. He is the worst president of all-time, one of the worst human beings to ever live, and this country cannot be rid of him fast enough. I hope that after he is kicked out of office, he is banned from social media, driven bankrupt, rots in jail and dies from his gluttonous lifestyle sooner rather than later, ignoble and ignored. I hope he fears that fate right now. I really hope he is f—king terrified. I have NEVER had such active and intense disdain towards any person as I feel towards him.

What an absolute disgrace to this country. It might take the rest of our lifetimes to undo all the damage he has done, but we’re gonna fight like hell every day to do it if we have to.
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #19139 on: November 21, 2020, 09:20:26 PM »

A little off topic but can you change your avatar? You're the least-libertarian libertarian I have ever seen lol

I used to have a yellow avatar even though I'm not a Libertarian. People's avatars may not be accurate for a number of reasons.
American2020
Côte d'Ivoire

« Reply #19140 on: November 21, 2020, 09:20:33 PM »

Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19141 on: November 21, 2020, 09:22:16 PM »

emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #19142 on: November 21, 2020, 09:46:24 PM »

And there's another 3 like that.
Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

« Reply #19143 on: November 21, 2020, 09:48:43 PM »

He needs to prove it or he needs shut up and accept it.  Prove it with real evidence in front of a court of law or you're blowing smoke out of your butt mr.Trump. I don't like the left but you're using people and that isn't ok when it comes to our elections.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #19144 on: November 21, 2020, 09:50:46 PM »

He needs to prove it or he needs shut up and accept it.  Prove it with real evidence in front of a court of law or you're blowing smoke out of your butt mr.Trump. I don't like the left but you're using people and that isn't ok when it comes to our elections.
There is no evidence and you know it.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19145 on: November 21, 2020, 09:59:40 PM »

Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19146 on: November 21, 2020, 10:01:50 PM »

He's not interested in proving anything. He's aiming for either of two goals: to use election law to keep himself in power, or to damage the system that is removing him from power.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19147 on: November 21, 2020, 10:02:49 PM »

They can't drag it until December 1st and even if they could Pennsylvania and Michigan certify Monday which renders Wisconsin useless.

And of course both of those wards appear majority black. Shocking.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19148 on: November 21, 2020, 10:04:24 PM »

complaining about it on a message board does nothing.  Most people know it's repugnant behavior.  But getting worked up and acting like there is some potential that he could actually steal the election is absurd.  Plus every single election there's always someone saying electors should switch their votes or this or that and it never goes anywhere. 

Which is it? Is Trump just another random person saying electors should switch their votes, or is he committing crimes in plain view? Does saying stuff on a message board do nothing, or is it worth debating?

You're arguing two sides of the same issue here.

No, actually if you read carefully I'm not.  I despise Trump and think he should be put in jail.  But complaining about it and getting worked up on a message board does nothing.  So stop getting worked up over it.  Do YOU yourself have some kind of plan to make him stop his behavior?  No, you don't.  He will be out of office in 2 months.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19149 on: November 21, 2020, 10:06:36 PM »

how so?
Pages: 1 ... 761 762 763 764 765 [766] 767 768 769 770 771 ... 818  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies