2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:32:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 686 687 688 689 690 [691] 692 693 694 695 696 ... 818
Author Topic: 2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread  (Read 617116 times)
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #17250 on: November 10, 2020, 11:18:40 PM »

This Logan Act stuff with the Biden transition the Republicans are trying to drum up is bs. Flynn was doing this behind everyone’s backs while Biden is publicly stating what he’s said in the calls and isn’t undermining foreign policy.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #17251 on: November 10, 2020, 11:20:22 PM »

California is overwhelmingly likely to trend R from 2016!  It's a close call now and we haven't even seen the NY absentees yet. 
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17252 on: November 10, 2020, 11:20:37 PM »

i'm annoyed at this result as a republican, but it's fired me up as hell to vote these liberals out in 2022. leggo

I disagree with almost everything you stand for, but that's a perfectly fine response - "We lost. We'll get them next time."

How do you feel that the sitting President is attempting to invalidate election results? Does it bother you that the country looks like it is on its way to becoming a failed state? How do you feel that the President hinted at this behavior over the course of his term and was not taken seriously?

nah i'm fine with this because i had to deal with the liberals complaining and bitching about trump for 4yrs so anything to mess with the biden administration with incoming susan rice getting a job again it's so sad LOL i hope hillary gets something too the old hag needs something too

Okay, let me make sure I understand this.

If the election results are legitimate, you would still overturn them to "own the libs?"

duh

You just lost your last shred of credibility.
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #17253 on: November 10, 2020, 11:24:33 PM »

i'm annoyed at this result as a republican, but it's fired me up as hell to vote these liberals out in 2022. leggo

I disagree with almost everything you stand for, but that's a perfectly fine response - "We lost. We'll get them next time."

How do you feel that the sitting President is attempting to invalidate election results? Does it bother you that the country looks like it is on its way to becoming a failed state? How do you feel that the President hinted at this behavior over the course of his term and was not taken seriously?

nah i'm fine with this because i had to deal with the liberals complaining and bitching about trump for 4yrs so anything to mess with the biden administration with incoming susan rice getting a job again it's so sad LOL i hope hillary gets something too the old hag needs something too

If the election results are legitimate, you would still overturn them to "own the libs?"

duh

You just lost your last shred of credibility.

Did he ever have any?
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #17254 on: November 10, 2020, 11:29:20 PM »

ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17255 on: November 10, 2020, 11:34:03 PM »

California is overwhelmingly likely to trend R from 2016!
What? Huh

As of right now with 92% of the vote in, Biden has 64% of the vote in California (Trump 33%) and with over 10 million votes.

In 2016, Hillary won California 61%-31% over Trump with 8 million votes.

Biden so far has gained 3% more than Hillary. Trump has gained 2%. That's not trending R.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #17256 on: November 10, 2020, 11:42:23 PM »

What? Huh

As of right now with 92% of the vote in, Biden has 64% of the vote in California (Trump 33%) and with over 10 million votes.

Biden so far has gained 3% more than Hillary. Trump has gained 2%. That's not trending R.

Yes, it is.  He didn't say swing Republican, but trend Republican.  The NPV swung by more than that.  I would say, with what we know about Asian and Hispanic swings in 2020, along with California potentially being almost maxed-out, it would make a lot of sense for it to trend slightly Republican in this election.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17257 on: November 10, 2020, 11:43:51 PM »

What? Huh

Yes, it is.  He didn't say swing Republican, but trend Republican.  The NPV swung by more than that.  I would say, with what we know about Asian and Hispanic swings in 2020, along with California potentially being almost maxed-out, it would make a lot of sense for it to trend slightly Republican in this election.
Well, if so, that's just noise.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #17258 on: November 10, 2020, 11:50:20 PM »

What? Huh

Most trends are just noise unless they happen consecutively over the course of many election cycles or a very large trends.
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #17259 on: November 10, 2020, 11:57:00 PM »

This is getting pathetic
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17260 on: November 11, 2020, 12:05:57 AM »

This is getting pathetic

This can't be real life?

AndyHogan14

Political Matrix
E: -4.00, S: -6.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #17261 on: November 11, 2020, 12:07:03 AM »

This is getting pathetic

That's not a real clip...is it sad that it's believable that Fox News might do something like this though?
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17262 on: November 11, 2020, 12:07:06 AM »

This is getting pathetic

My sources tell me that man's name is John Barron.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17263 on: November 11, 2020, 12:14:01 AM »

What? Huh

Most trends are just noise unless they happen consecutively over the course of many election cycles or a very large trends.
Do you think that CA will continue to trend R in future elections?
ملكة كرينجيتوك
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #17264 on: November 11, 2020, 12:15:45 AM »

What? Huh

It means Biden’s gains in the popular vote weren’t concentrated in Titanium Safe D states like CA. Which we know to be true, since he won the Electoral College and got most states to swing D.
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #17265 on: November 11, 2020, 12:34:55 AM »
« Edited: November 11, 2020, 12:38:32 AM by Bootes Void »

Looks like Trump will beat Bush 2004 vote total(5.5 million) in California when it's all said and done
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #17266 on: November 11, 2020, 12:52:38 AM »

Is Joe Biden the first presidential candidate to ever get 10,000,000 votes in a single state?
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #17267 on: November 11, 2020, 12:55:49 AM »

Is Joe Biden the first presidential candidate to ever get 10,000,000 votes in a single state?
Seems like it
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #17268 on: November 11, 2020, 12:58:10 AM »

Seems like it

Thank you Bernie.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17269 on: November 11, 2020, 01:04:46 AM »

So, while we are still waiting for results, I thought I would comment on the latest numbers out of Alaska.

I took the liberty of running the current numbers for Anchorage Alaska by State House District.

*** Key Note District #12 is a split district with two precincts located within the City Limits of Anchorage and Two located outside (Gets even trickier since we can't do VbM vs ED / EV ballots since they don't break down by precinct so tougher to parse) ***

1.) It appears that there are still a significant number of Mail-In-Ballots remaining to be counted within Anchorage, unless something really weird happened between '16 and '20.

Here are some numbers that I crunched for Anchorage for GE PRES 2016 from another thread:

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=386520.msg7502296#msg7502296

2.) A conservative estimate would be that we likely have something like 10k Ballots remaining from the City of Anchorage.

3.) Currently even including the split District HD-12 (Most Republican Part of Anchorage) it's something like 53.6% Trump  vs 42.9% Biden with a +10k Trump Lead.

4.) I haven't even attempted to perform the exercise yet of doing a C&P of 2016 vs 2018 GE PRES TV by State District, let alone Turnout (TO %) by HD.

5.) That being said, I would continue to expect Alaska late ballots to heavily favor Biden, and although so far Trump appears to have a clear advantage, I can certainly understand why it hasn't been called yet.

Anybody want to actually take a look at election results incoming as opposed to some of these extremely bizarre on occasions, as well as expected bickering about non-related items, as one might expect on this thread when folks start to get bored....   Smiley
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #17270 on: November 11, 2020, 01:42:47 AM »

duh

You are a traitor to democracy. Please note that this is not a personal attack, as I am not saying this in a negative way. I am simply noting that your statement by literal definition of the word "traitor" describes an abandonment of any and all duty to democracy.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #17271 on: November 11, 2020, 02:01:58 AM »

Anything interesting happening overnight ?
John JJ
Canada

« Reply #17272 on: November 11, 2020, 02:26:04 AM »
« Edited: November 11, 2020, 04:58:00 PM by John JJ »

What is Donald Trump’s legal strategy at this point?

His strategy is not to win lawsuits, but to convince people that there is a giant election fraud going on.
Republicans don't need to win any court case, as long as the sea of fake news websites/channels continues flooding americans with this conspiracy theory.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17273 on: November 11, 2020, 02:53:35 AM »

Please Mods--- can we find a way to merge / police the thread for various items such as:

1.) Military Coups

2.) Supreme Court / Legal Decisions Speculations

3.) Any such similar extraneous content

It's getting to a point where I was relieved to see the numbers of daily / hourly posts decrease, but still we got all of this extra crap floating around still, and some posters apparently still don't understand the concept of "self-policing", while really many of us are actually interested in looking at the actual election votes currently being reported, swings / exit polls, etc...

I get that we have many folks still concerned about these various scenarios, but really it starts to get old after awhile, and if people can't self-police in a "CHOP-ZONE", maybe the "Police" need to help clear the streets a bit and divert the crowds to their appropriate "Kettles" in order to be able to shout at each other back and forth from behind the Concrete Barriers, while not obstructing traffic in the interim.

Reality is that we are getting to a point in the thread where many us actually interested in looking at incoming results have to wade through the swamps and the muck and the mire in order to occasionally find an outpost, where we can create our "Jungle Camp" after having crossed the Big Muddy, but now want to check out the actual results from the Street Combat and Battles from Alaska, Georgia, Arizona, Pennsylvania, as well as assessing the data from places like Tejas, Florida, Ohio, Iowa, Maine, North Carolina.... not to mention incoming data from California, New York, and Maryland....
Annatar
Australia

« Reply #17274 on: November 11, 2020, 04:00:34 AM »

Biden's margin in CA has dropped below 31%, it is at 30.7%, looks like 2020 will be the year CA trends Republican.
Pages: 1 ... 686 687 688 689 690 [691] 692 693 694 695 696 ... 818  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies