2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 07:04:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 449 450 451 452 453 [454] 455 456 457 458 459 ... 818
Author Topic: 2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread  (Read 650895 times)
politics_king
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11325 on: November 05, 2020, 05:28:45 PM »

Curious; is it possible for say Hazel and Perdue to merge their votes in GA? Same with Loefeller and Collins?

Nope.
Stockdale for Veep

« Reply #11326 on: November 05, 2020, 05:28:50 PM »

Who gave ladieSmaN-217 their keys back?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #11327 on: November 05, 2020, 05:28:53 PM »

Hilarious that the only state that Fox called of NV, AK, AZ, NC, GA, and PA is the one that PredictIt has as the least certain.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11328 on: November 05, 2020, 05:28:59 PM »

John King on CNN said Chatham County has 17K outstanding votes; my bad math shows that 60% of that alone gets Biden over the line...
That is indeed bad math, since a 60% margin of the 17k votes (Biden winning 80-20) is required for it to cover the current deficit alone. Although that may have been your intention; I think it's not as plausible that Biden will win Chatham absentees 80-20.

I'm not as confident as others about Biden taking the lead by any significant margin, and am currently thinking Biden by 1000 or something. So far, it seems like mail-in votes in deep blue counties are matching or barely exceeding the current margin in those counties, and mail-in votes in swing/red counties are much more democratic than those county margins. To me, it all comes down to how blue the absentee numbers from Chatham and Gwinnett are.

Yeah I think this is right.  It's going to be a tiny margin either way, I can see why there's optimism but I'd be surprised if Biden wins by more than 3 or 4k.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11329 on: November 05, 2020, 05:29:16 PM »

I don't like Ivanka but it's clear that she the least crazy person in the immediate Trump family. She's the only one out of her dad and brothers that has not tweeted about phantom "voter fraud".

I was extremely disappointed, but not surprised, she went back on her pro-choice stance.

Good
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11330 on: November 05, 2020, 05:29:24 PM »

Hilarious that the only state that Fox called of NV, AK, AZ, NC, GA, and PA is the one that PredictIt has as the least certain.

They could call PA if they wanted to but they don't want to.
Kuumo

P P
« Reply #11331 on: November 05, 2020, 05:29:28 PM »

Man, do us all a favor and shut up. Nobody cares.
Trump will win and you know it. Dems are in a panic because election was way closer than they thought and they're trying to end it without any verification of votes.

Dread it, run from it, President Biden arrives all the same.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #11332 on: November 05, 2020, 05:29:31 PM »

PA SoS news conference on CNN right now. She just said there are "several hundred thousand" votes left.
Dr. Frankenstein
DoctorFrankenstein
Rookie
Germany

« Reply #11333 on: November 05, 2020, 05:29:36 PM »

Trump will win in 2024 if he somehow doesn't win in 2020. Biden will be next Carter.

Stop spamming, ffs.

There's this really cool button at the top right of each post. It's called "ignore." In SN's case, I strongly recommend you take advantage.

He’s one of the posters who basically made me register, just to be able to put him on ignore. However, the fact that many keep quoting him does not help...
gf20202
« Reply #11334 on: November 05, 2020, 05:29:38 PM »

I don't see Fox how could call Nevada at this point if they didn't do it earlier. Next vote drop isn't until 9 am tomorrow so maybe then but that would kind of a weird thing to do.

If they can call GA at the same time, Biden wins even without AZ so their possibly erroneous call won’t matter.
I don't know how they could call GA with it being a 1k margin today either way and with Chatham not finishing to tomorrow. Probably just dumb rumor mongering, especially since PA gets called first anyway.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11335 on: November 05, 2020, 05:29:40 PM »

I'm pumped for the moment the Dems take the lead in GA.
Chatham apparently won't finish until tomorrow, so seems unlikely to happen today.
Which counties are finishing today?
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #11336 on: November 05, 2020, 05:30:08 PM »

Has anyone got the phone number for the NV and AZ vote counting centre's?

I will give them a ring, and ask them to count a few votes tomorrow.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #11337 on: November 05, 2020, 05:30:17 PM »

Biden flipped Tarrant Co. in Texas it appears.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11338 on: November 05, 2020, 05:30:21 PM »
« Edited: November 05, 2020, 05:37:07 PM by MAGugh »

DTJr. calls out "2024 GOP Hopefuls" (thread)

HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11339 on: November 05, 2020, 05:30:24 PM »

Jesse Waters is going full blown conspiracy a-hole on Fox right now regarding PA. Juan Williams is trying to talk him off the ledge.

Waters is such an idiot. One of those guys where you can just tell there's not much going on between the ears even if he lets out just a few sentences.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11340 on: November 05, 2020, 05:30:40 PM »

GEOFFREY SKELLEY
NOV. 5, 5:15 PM
Over the past half hour or so, nearly 23,000 votes have come in from around Pennsylvania, and Biden has won about two-thirds of them. As a result, Trump’s lead has waned to about 90,500 votes, or about 1.4 percentage points (50.1 percent to 48.7 percent). A two-to-one ratio actually isn’t that great for Biden at this point, but that split had a lot to do with getting some votes from deeply Republican counties. Even then, though, Biden managed to break even in the latest batch from Tioga County (Trump has 75 percent overall there) and win around 63 percent of the latest from Crawford County (Trump’s at 71 percent overall). Bluer Lehigh County also came in with a sizable number of votes.

And critically, none of this involved votes from Philadelphia County. This is probably our final update on the numbers ahead of a press conference, scheduled for 5:15 p.m. Eastern, held by Pennsylvania Secretary of State Kathy Boockvar, who will be providing an update on where things stand with the count.
Dr. Frankenstein
DoctorFrankenstein
Rookie
Germany

« Reply #11341 on: November 05, 2020, 05:31:35 PM »

I don't like Ivanka but it's clear that she the least crazy person in the immediate Trump family. She's the only one out of her dad and brothers that has not tweeted about phantom "voter fraud".

For some reason, I actually think that, out of all his kids, she would have the best chance in 2024.

Because Republicans are, at their most basic element, thirsty?

Haha, no idea. Just a gut feeling.
forsythvoter

« Reply #11342 on: November 05, 2020, 05:31:57 PM »

It would be something of an upset if Trump is still leading after the mail-ins are completely counted. Most likely outcome is Biden by 5k votes or so at this point.

Gwinnett still has 7k or so in addition to Clayton, Chatham and Forsyth.

I believe Clayton, Chatham and Forsyth are the only ones needing to report votes. By my estimates that would net Biden another 9-12k votes. He's currently down by 9k. God help us all.

Oh, I wasn't aware. Biden should have this somewhat easily then.

forsythvoter
Can I ask a favor.
When you quote another post and then type a comment/response, please type what you are saying at the bottom of the quote (and not at the top, like you have been doing).

Sure, will do!
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #11343 on: November 05, 2020, 05:32:20 PM »

They changed the rules of the game during an election year. It never should have been allowed to happen. The rules should have been clear about counting all along.
Rules about counting? When? They are going to count all votes and not certify results until a winner can be mathematically determined for all elections (i.e. 100% of remaining ballots can’t change the outcome) how long it takes. That’s what elections boards have always done. You seem to be confusing media calls with elections rules.

Aside from which, what possible injury could there be to counting people’s votes? Unless you are alleging that ballots have been manufactured after the election or altered, and I’m going to assume your not out of generosity, there is no basis on which counting someone’s vote is injurious to anyone. Even if you site Bush v. Gore, that was about a recount, not an initial tally.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #11344 on: November 05, 2020, 05:32:20 PM »
« Edited: November 05, 2020, 05:35:37 PM by ηєω ƒяσηтιєя »

Thanks for nothing Pennsylvania. Based on what PA's SoS is saying, we aren't getting any results today. This is f**king annoying.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11345 on: November 05, 2020, 05:32:47 PM »

DTJr. calls out Ron DeSantis and Josh Hawley, presumably Cruz, Rubio, and Haley as well (thread)

He actually called them out generally with the exception of Hawley and DeSantis.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11346 on: November 05, 2020, 05:33:02 PM »

They changed the rules of the game during an election year. It never should have been allowed to happen. The rules should have been clear about counting all along.

Listen man, we all were shocked, sad and in denial back in 2016 when Hillary lost. It's natural. It'll go away and, eventually, you'll learn it's for the better. Denial won't help you.
Hey dude. The race has not been called. There's nothing wrong with having optimism and hope. In 2016 on election night we knew the outcome. This is different.

"Optimism and hope" is not saying that the SC is going to overturn the results of PA.
That is trolling.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #11347 on: November 05, 2020, 05:33:13 PM »

Can you briefly stop posting or something? It is really annoying. Saying Trump is going to win 10 times in slightly different forms gets tedious.
Trump will win GA AZ. SC rules on PA.
Funny thing, when CA and NY are finally all in, Biden will have a larger share of the vote then Reagan in 80.
And that was allegedly a mandate that hasn’t ended 40 years later.

Biden didn’t win the PV by 10 points

Probably meant the vote share of 50.7%. Obviously due to Anderson, the margin in 1980 will be bigger. If Anderson wasn't running, I think Reagan would have won 53-45% or so.

I hope Biden exceeds the 51.1% Obama got in 2012.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11348 on: November 05, 2020, 05:33:31 PM »

For some reason, I actually think that, out of all his kids, she would have the best chance in 2024.

I'm skeptical. I think America's bone-deep sexism, particularly among Republican voters, would doom her chances.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #11349 on: November 05, 2020, 05:33:38 PM »

Can you briefly stop posting or something? It is really annoying. Saying Trump is going to win 10 times in slightly different forms gets tedious.
Trump will win GA AZ. SC rules on PA.
Funny thing, when CA and NY are finally all in, Biden will have a larger share of the vote then Reagan in 80.
And that was allegedly a mandate that hasn’t ended 40 years later.

Biden didn’t win the PV by 10 points
And Reagan barely broke 50% of the PV.
Pages: 1 ... 449 450 451 452 453 [454] 455 456 457 458 459 ... 818  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies