2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 03:11:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 297 298 299 300 301 [302] 303 304 305 306 307 ... 818
Author Topic: 2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread  (Read 630757 times)
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7525 on: November 04, 2020, 05:35:13 PM »

The insane amounts of cash that Stacey Abrams gets if she runs in a rematch against Kemp will be the first resistance wine mom cash dump that won't be a waste of everyone's time.

She sounded the alarm bells for two years that GA was a Presidential battleground and it's about to be closer than NC and FL. Places where Biden and outside Democratic groups spent hundreds of millions of bucks for months.

Biden's margins in Metro Atlanta are insane not to mention the remaining vote out in the Democratic bastions downstate.

Give Stacey ALLLLLL the cash.

Speaking of which, new Georgia #s at 6EST, right?

I want it to be the one which puts Joe over 270 so much.

If you accept AZ is called, it will do that. If not, it won’t.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7526 on: November 04, 2020, 05:35:49 PM »

I actually think this wasn’t a bad night for Democrats to be honest. Maybe I will kick myself in the a** for saying that, but this is about what we expected.

And by the way, those of you who suddenly went from radical optimists to doomers amuse me.

No, Democrats aren’t in a great position, but I think they are favored in GA-Special and have a shot at Perdue’s seat.

Also, those of you who think the GOP won’t have Trump’s baggage...you obviously haven’t been paying attention to the man. He LOVES attention and will do/say anything for views. He will continue to act like an a** and may even smear the GOP establishment (because he feels like they “betrayed” him for not handing him the win)

Also, Biden will likely oversee the recovery from Covid and the economic slump.
I do think Dems face an uphill battle in 2022, but it’s not a complete wash.
Even if Biden doesn’t get anything done himself, he will still oversee a recovery from 2020 and will be falsely given credit for it (reminds me of Trump)

Weird, as you were mocking me for holding firm and NOT becoming a doomer.
No, I was mocking you for not eating your goddamned crow.
You still seem to live in this fantasy where you were right and Biden won in a landslide judging by your posts.
Also, your relentless attacks on anyone who even slightly disagreed with your views over the past few months just makes it even more tempting for me to poke fun.

Yeah I was wrong on several things, including Michigan and Arizona (most likely) but at least I can own up to my mistakes. So do other posters, and it happens, no one is mad at you for being wrong.

But you just try to deflect and make it seem like your abrasive attitude was in any way justified, which it simply was not.

politics_king
United States

« Reply #7527 on: November 04, 2020, 05:35:55 PM »

The insane amounts of cash that Stacey Abrams gets if she runs in a rematch against Kemp will be the first resistance wine mom cash dump that won't be a waste of everyone's time.

She sounded the alarm bells for two years that GA was a Presidential battleground and it's about to be closer than NC and FL. Places where Biden and outside Democratic groups spent hundreds of millions of bucks for months.

Biden's margins in Metro Atlanta are insane not to mention the remaining vote out in the Democratic bastions downstate.

Give Stacey ALLLLLL the cash.

Depending how the Special Elections go, say and I hope not that Loeffler wins, she has to run again in 2022. I would put Keisha Lance Bottoms against her in that Senate race.

If Warnock doesn't beat her in the special I have no doubt KLB would mop the floor with her in 2022. It wouldn't even be close.

I completely agree, especially with Abrams going against Kemp.
Roblox

« Reply #7528 on: November 04, 2020, 05:36:06 PM »

Kind of beautiful being able to look at blue Wisconsin and Michigan again. The 2016 map is so ugly.
MRS DONNA SHALALA
cuddlebuns
South Africa

« Reply #7529 on: November 04, 2020, 05:36:51 PM »

Biden is going to win Pennsylvania and he has a 50/50 1/100

chance at Georgia

*Fixed

your absolute insufferableness in this thread has earned you my first ever ignore. congrats.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #7530 on: November 04, 2020, 05:37:35 PM »

Nate Cohn is saying Nevada is releasing more ballots tonight.
forsythvoter

« Reply #7531 on: November 04, 2020, 05:37:43 PM »

I was just thinking GA is going to look quite out of place for 4 years if Biden pulls it off but falls short in NC

Kind of beautiful being able to look at blue Wisconsin and Michigan again. The 2016 map is so ugly.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #7532 on: November 04, 2020, 05:37:57 PM »

Nate Cohn just implied on the NYT blog that Nevada is still releasing some results tonight. Not sure what his sources are.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7533 on: November 04, 2020, 05:38:11 PM »

Anyways, I am still skeptical about a Biden win in Georgia, but it’s not impossible with what we have left. Still a lot of votes left in Albany and some in the Atlanta suburbs, it’s feasible.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #7534 on: November 04, 2020, 05:38:37 PM »

2022 as the backup option is not very reassuring because Democrats not only need to get lucky and have a net gain of seats but they also need to hold the House, so they can actually pass legislation. Supreme Court vacancies and stuff of course only need the Senate though. Let's first hope they can cobble together a majority in this election.

It's delusional to expect Democrats to gain Senate seats during a midterm. They didn't even manage that in 1998. Sure, Republicans managed in 2002 and 2018, but Democrats haven't since 1962, and before that 1934, both of which were 6 years after a landslide defeat.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #7535 on: November 04, 2020, 05:38:55 PM »

I was just thinking GA is going to look quite out of place for 4 years if Biden pulls it off but falls short in NC

Blue island in a sea of red.
Hassan 2022
Calm NH Lib
Rookie
United States

« Reply #7536 on: November 04, 2020, 05:39:04 PM »

Biden being at almost 67% in MA is a pretty amazing result.
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #7537 on: November 04, 2020, 05:39:22 PM »

That's Blunt, not Hawley. Hawley is 2024. Which is good, because Blunt is extremely weak.

Hoping for a Greitens primary challenge. Blunt and Greitens would vote basically the same way in the Senate (so not a risk), but Blunt is merely a weak candidate, while Greitens is Missouri's Kobach, literally baggage personified.

And then the D, ideally, would be one of Nixon, Kander, or Galloway. I don't think any others have the statewide profile and name-recognition needed, though of course that may be different two years from now.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #7538 on: November 04, 2020, 05:39:49 PM »

Yup, blue in a sea of red. Just like NM in 2000.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #7539 on: November 04, 2020, 05:39:58 PM »

Anyways, I am still skeptical about a Biden win in Georgia, but it’s not impossible with what we have left. Still a lot of votes left in Albany and some in the Atlanta suburbs, it’s feasible.

My thoughts exactly.  I still have GA as a Trump state, but wouldn't be shocked if it swung in Biden's favor with this last push.  
politics_king
United States

« Reply #7540 on: November 04, 2020, 05:40:07 PM »

2022 as the backup option is not very reassuring because Democrats not only need to get lucky and have a net gain of seats but they also need to hold the House, so they can actually pass legislation. Supreme Court vacancies and stuff of course only need the Senate though. Let's first hope they can cobble together a majority in this election.

It's delusional to expect Democrats to gain Senate seats during a midterm. They didn't even manage that in 1998. Sure, Republicans managed in 2002 and 2018, but Democrats haven't since 1962, and before that 1934, both of which were 6 years after a landslide defeat.

Our political landscape is changing. Look at what happened right now. Always a first time for everything, it's about messaging and having policy.
Hassan 2022
Calm NH Lib
Rookie
United States

« Reply #7541 on: November 04, 2020, 05:40:14 PM »

Trump's lead down to 1.4% in GA according to NYT.
tjstarling
Rookie

« Reply #7542 on: November 04, 2020, 05:40:25 PM »

Plus after this year their house majority is severely diminished. They don’t have much of a cushion there either.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7543 on: November 04, 2020, 05:40:31 PM »

love it. what will be his best state?
forsythvoter

« Reply #7544 on: November 04, 2020, 05:40:35 PM »

The real question is how similar to the already counted vote will these ballots be. If they are mail-in votes (which I believe the networks are saying), I think Biden is heavily favored to take GA because those ballots are likely MORE Dem than the already counted vote. If it's election day ballots, then I think Trump is favored.

Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #7545 on: November 04, 2020, 05:40:44 PM »

<60k in GA
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #7546 on: November 04, 2020, 05:41:06 PM »

That's Blunt, not Hawley. Hawley is 2024. Which is good, because Blunt is extremely weak.

Hoping for a Greitens primary challenge. Blunt and Greitens would vote basically the same way in the Senate (so not a risk), but Blunt is merely a weak candidate, while Greitens is Missouri's Kobach, literally baggage personified.

And then the D, ideally, would be one of Nixon, Kander, or Galloway. I don't think any others have the statewide profile and name-recognition needed, though of course that may be different two years from now.

Haven't we learned our lesson with former Governors?
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #7547 on: November 04, 2020, 05:41:09 PM »

I mean, the argument for gains is that the 2016 Senate results were so bad that there is hardly any room for Democrats to fall farther. But yeah I'm not remotely optimistic about that.

NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #7548 on: November 04, 2020, 05:41:19 PM »

Under 5% in PA
Hassan 2022
Calm NH Lib
Rookie
United States

« Reply #7549 on: November 04, 2020, 05:41:28 PM »

love it. what will be his best state?

At this point it's looking like MA, but CA could catch up.
Pages: 1 ... 297 298 299 300 301 [302] 303 304 305 306 307 ... 818  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies