2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 06:32:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 337 338 339 340 341 [342] 343 344 345 346 347 ... 818
Author Topic: 2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread  (Read 642627 times)
n1240

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8525 on: November 04, 2020, 10:57:38 PM »

Biden has taken a 1% lead in Bucks County and there are 30k ballots left to count in the county.

Where'd you see this? NYT still has Trump with a tiny lead in Bucks.

https://www.livevoterturnout.com/BucksPA/LiveResults/en/Index_2.html
philly09

« Reply #8526 on: November 04, 2020, 10:57:58 PM »

Not a lot of data from the Anchorage area yet.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #8527 on: November 04, 2020, 10:59:08 PM »

Late in the game but I voted for Jorgensen. Can’t wait until we have a Republican candidate I feel good about supporting again.

Just random comment, but is it just me or does Atlas have over-representation of blue avatars and conservatives that are soft Trump supporters or NeverTrump people?

RINO Tom, ExtremeRepublican, DTC etc. come to mind, (Sorry if I missed anyone) and I've seen handful of blue avatars with Biden Harris endorsements. Just kind of amazing.

Roll Roons and Penn Quaker Girl are two others. But yes, they are definitely overrepresented on this forum, compared to the country at large. It's clear that the Lincoln Project failed in its objectives, and the Republican base-as we all knew-are firmly behind Trump. Trump apparently got 93% of the Republican vote in this election.
It’s almost like relying on Republicans to vote against Republicans isn’t the best strategy.

It certainly isn't. Biden should have focused more of his energies on getting out the Democratic vote, which could have made the difference for him in states like Florida and North Carolina.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #8528 on: November 04, 2020, 10:59:33 PM »

We should take a moment to ponder the beauty of this utterly absurd and definitely impossible map.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8529 on: November 04, 2020, 10:59:52 PM »

So we really might not know until next week who wins?
New York En Marche!
amcrmcm
Rookie

« Reply #8530 on: November 04, 2020, 11:00:16 PM »

Looks like the tipping point state will be going a 1% right of NPV

Wouldn't Wisconsin/Arizona be the tipping point again in this situation?
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8531 on: November 04, 2020, 11:00:33 PM »

Biden has taken a 1% lead in Bucks County and there are 30k ballots left to count in the county.

Where'd you see this? NYT still has Trump with a tiny lead in Bucks.

https://www.livevoterturnout.com/BucksPA/LiveResults/en/Index_2.html

Holy ticket splitting.
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #8532 on: November 04, 2020, 11:00:54 PM »

Trump gained 200k more votes out of Miami Dade compared to 4 years. I am still amazed by that, I am still confused why that county shifted so hard in just 4 years when it was trending dem before
rhg2052

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -6.78

« Reply #8533 on: November 04, 2020, 11:01:16 PM »

Alaska? Maybe not but we can assume.

The whole race? 99% chance the race is called in the next 24 hours.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #8534 on: November 04, 2020, 11:01:39 PM »

If GA can be called at 3am EST tonight as some expect, we may very well know tonight.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #8535 on: November 04, 2020, 11:01:53 PM »

Late in the game but I voted for Jorgensen. Can’t wait until we have a Republican candidate I feel good about supporting again.

Don't worry, the Republican Party will be back to nominating a warmongerer who doesn't much care about people dying from lack of healthcare before you know it. He won't tweet too much so you'll all love him.

Being condescending like that is totally going to make me switch to red avatar and start voting for your preferred candidate.
Pouring Rain and Blairing Music
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8536 on: November 04, 2020, 11:02:11 PM »

This is literally a Veep plot point.

The last four years are straight out of Veep. Not to mention Nevada being close.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #8537 on: November 04, 2020, 11:02:16 PM »

I've a question. Does anyone have a guess as to how many counties Biden won? Looking at the county map, it appears that Biden flipped about 15-20 Trump counties from 2016 nationwide, while Trump flipped about a dozen Clinton counties. Biden didn't come anywhere near to approaching Barack Obama's 2012 numbers, let alone his 2008 numbers.

Bumping this forward because I don't think it was seen.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #8538 on: November 04, 2020, 11:02:33 PM »

We're going to know who won PA as soon as early morning. With that, we will know who won the Presidency.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8539 on: November 04, 2020, 11:02:57 PM »

Don't worry, the Republican Party will be back to nominating a warmongerer who doesn't much care about people dying from lack of healthcare before you know it. He won't tweet too much so you'll all love him.

Being condescending like that is totally going to make me switch to red avatar and start voting for your preferred candidate.

Quick reminder that OP isn't exactly a partisan democrat.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #8540 on: November 04, 2020, 11:03:27 PM »

If GA can be called at 3am EST tonight as some expect, we may very well know tonight.

They'll project the election as a whole within 24 hours almost certainly, unless there are some shocking surprises in PA's remaining mail-in votes. I think that they were specifically referring to the official call for Alaska.
The Right Honourable Martin Brian Mulroney PC CC GOQ
laddicus finch

« Reply #8541 on: November 04, 2020, 11:03:40 PM »

"Fun" fact:

Out of the 30 states Trump won in 2016, 7 of them trended R (as of the vote counts a 9:57 ET on November 4th), while 23 of them trended D.

Of the 20 states Clinton won in 2016, 17 of them trended D and three trended R.

In other words, Dems are gaining everywhere, but much more so in states that are already safe. This is resulting in a close electoral college matchup despite improving their margin in 40 states.

Yayyy even more Democratic voter inefficiency, this is epic!

How do you conclude Dems are gaining "everywhere" after:

- The expectation of a blue wave in the house did not eventuate
- Senate looks likely to stay red
- Biden's supposed 7-8 point lead has ended up being a couple of points (despite spending the largest amount of money on an election campaign in human history)
- Trump had a remarkable results with blacks, latinos and asians (after we were told for four years how racist Trump is).

All that is true, but like I said, Biden narrowed the margin in 23 Trump states and widened it in 17 Clinton states. At least on a marginal basis, that is a gain.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #8542 on: November 04, 2020, 11:03:48 PM »

We're going to know who won PA as soon as tonight. With that, we will know who won the Presidency.

Not necessarily. If Trump wins PA and then Biden wins 2/3 of Nevada, Georgia, and Arizona, Biden wins.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #8543 on: November 04, 2020, 11:04:00 PM »

Quick reminder that OP isn't exactly a partisan democrat.
True. Scratch the avatar part.
politics_king
United States

« Reply #8544 on: November 04, 2020, 11:05:12 PM »

Welp. I finally agree with Hannity on something, maybe this will start a movement to finally get rid of the Electoral College.

And in other news... Kanye West has conceded the election. Smh

philly09

« Reply #8545 on: November 04, 2020, 11:05:24 PM »

I've a question. Does anyone have a guess as to how many counties Biden won? Looking at the county map, it appears that Biden flipped about 15-20 Trump counties from 2016 nationwide, while Trump flipped about a dozen Clinton counties. Biden didn't come anywhere near to approaching Barack Obama's 2012 numbers, let alone his 2008 numbers.

He's out performing Hillary in Lackawanna County, and Luzerne County isn't done yet.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #8546 on: November 04, 2020, 11:06:24 PM »

Trump gained 200k more votes out of Miami Dade compared to 4 years. I am still amazed by that, I am still confused why that county shifted so hard in just 4 years when it was trending dem before
South Florida Spanish-language media would make Fox blush, allot of Cubans/South Americans/Other Caribbean groups found out the war on immigration didn’t include them, and the aggressive stances on Cuba and Venezuela played well with the expat communities.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #8547 on: November 04, 2020, 11:06:35 PM »

Welp. I finally agree with Hannity on something, maybe this will start a movement to finally get rid of the Electoral College.

I really wish that Kerry had won in 2004 while losing the popular vote. I think that would've given us the necessary bipartisan desire to put an end to the electoral college.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #8548 on: November 04, 2020, 11:06:46 PM »

Not sure why he has a problem with it since it's the only thing that even gives Trump a chance at maintaining the presidency.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #8549 on: November 04, 2020, 11:06:58 PM »

He's out performing Hillary in Lackawanna County, and Luzerne County isn't done yet.

I'm aware of this. I was wondering if anyone had a guess as to how many counties nationwide Biden has carried, approximately.
Pages: 1 ... 337 338 339 340 341 [342] 343 344 345 346 347 ... 818  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies