2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 05:05:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 187 188 189 [190] 191 192 193 194 195 ... 818
Author Topic: 2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread  (Read 630816 times)
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4725 on: November 04, 2020, 02:10:29 AM »

POLITICO has apparently projected Nancy Mace the winner over Joe Cunningham in South Carolina. And Chip Roy has won reelection against Wendy Davis in Texas. Republicans are definitely overperforming in the House as well tonight, although that chamber will stay in Democratic hands.

Republicans have overperformed downballot period. Democrats need to take a long, hard look at how they're running congressional campaigns.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #4726 on: November 04, 2020, 02:10:31 AM »

If you think Trump is going to win, you are essentially saying that you think Minnesota (which counted mail ballots quicker than other midwest states) is going to vote TEN POINTS to the left of Wisconsin. Think about that for a second.

Yeah, I have, and I'm pretty confident of it.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4727 on: November 04, 2020, 02:10:42 AM »

Cunningham's seat has gone.
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #4728 on: November 04, 2020, 02:10:48 AM »

lol
BudgieForce
YaBB God

« Reply #4729 on: November 04, 2020, 02:11:07 AM »

Nevada looks tight, how you feeling about this? Narrow Biden win?

The counties still left out are very low in population. it'll be close, but Biden should win it.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #4730 on: November 04, 2020, 02:11:19 AM »

POLITICO has apparently projected Nancy Mace the winner over Joe Cunningham in South Carolina. And Chip Roy has won reelection against Wendy Davis in Texas. Republicans are definitely overperforming in the House as well tonight, although that chamber will stay in Democratic hands.

Republicans have overperformed downballot period. Democrats need to take a long, hard look at how they're running congressional campaigns.

And your timeline predicted that Republicans would win the 2020 election, before the Great Realignment occurs. Perhaps what you postulated is coming true after all.
Vespucci
United States

« Reply #4731 on: November 04, 2020, 02:11:34 AM »

Roy was favored to win, so that's not an upset. Cunningham is a slight upset and I'm sad to see him go.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4732 on: November 04, 2020, 02:11:40 AM »

If Ossoff holds Perdue under 50% then it will be a run-off. That means 2 Georgia Special elections that could determine the Senate in the first week of January.

Ground zero.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #4733 on: November 04, 2020, 02:11:58 AM »

lol

I remember IA called it quits rather early in 2004, but they didn't end up mattering.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4734 on: November 04, 2020, 02:12:00 AM »

IA-02 is going down to the wire.
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #4735 on: November 04, 2020, 02:12:04 AM »

Another flip.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4736 on: November 04, 2020, 02:12:11 AM »

If Ossoff holds Perdue under 50% then it will be a run-off. That means 2 Georgia Special elections that could determine the Senate in the first week of January.
Maybe (hopefully) two runoffs could motivate Democrats to show up in January.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #4737 on: November 04, 2020, 02:12:29 AM »

Trump held Robeson County by a substantial margin. I'm not sure to what extent Biden's endorsement of federal recognition for the Lumbee tribe helped him there. Every vote is critical in a race as close as this. And thus far, we have not seen any truly surprising outcomes in the Senate races. Marshall in Kansas and Graham in South Carolina have both won, as has Cornyn in Texas, thus taking reach seats out of contention for Democrats.

IA, ME, and AK will determine whether the Senate flips tonight.

And Iowa is gone for Democrats now, with Alaska and Maine looking like they're gone as well.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #4738 on: November 04, 2020, 02:12:31 AM »

How the F#CK do you look at the last four years, and especially this year, and say "yeah i want more of this"

Honestly, there are some things that we won't be able to understand even if we have the best empirical knowledge.

I've discovered this about humans. It's partly why I'm majoring in psychology.

The democratic party lost when they started  accusing people of stuff(racist, sexist, etc) and doubled down on the lost when they got violent. Focus on real economic solutions that help people and you may well have a break through. Most people hate the sjw whining and hate having to live in fear of some thug kicking their head in.

I won't deny that the woke left hasn't done itself any favors. I don't think that "identity politics" is something we can dismiss outright, but the big picture isn't about criminals sabotaging noble causes (I believe that most of the rise in crime can be attributed to the isolation 2020 has forced upon us). I'm worried about inequality. I'm worried about losing my healthcare because the Supreme Court will re-legalize discrimination against people with pre-existing conditions. I'm worried about the fate of the climate, and how much of this world will still be inhabitable in fifty years.

I believe it's very possible we're living in the End Times. I'm no Nostradamus, but I've seen enough omens to believe this might be the case. And frankly, I welcome it.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4739 on: November 04, 2020, 02:12:34 AM »

Maryland Matt has won the Montanan seat
charcuterie

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

« Reply #4740 on: November 04, 2020, 02:12:45 AM »

If Biden’s lead of 8 holds in MN, it’s hard to see him losing the Rust Belt trio.
True, I would be shocked at such a difference between them. I suppose, given this crazy election, it's possible though.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4741 on: November 04, 2020, 02:12:54 AM »

Money isn’t everything.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4742 on: November 04, 2020, 02:12:55 AM »

Trump held Robeson County by a substantial margin. I'm not sure to what extent Biden's endorsement of federal recognition for the Lumbee tribe helped him there. Every vote is critical in a race as close as this. And thus far, we have not seen any truly surprising outcomes in the Senate races. Marshall in Kansas and Graham in South Carolina have both won, as has Cornyn in Texas, thus taking reach seats out of contention for Democrats.

And Iowa is gone for Democrats now, with Alaska and Maine looking like they're gone as well.

We've seen nothing out of AK yet.
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #4743 on: November 04, 2020, 02:13:30 AM »

I suspect that the Republicans will win the run-offs easily in Georgia, unfortunately.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4744 on: November 04, 2020, 02:13:39 AM »

Anything that gets to a recount were Biden is currently down is good for Biden.
Former Crackhead Mike Lindell
Randall
« Reply #4745 on: November 04, 2020, 02:13:43 AM »

We're going to start another Trump term with an Ossoff Special Election again? Feels like lazy writing but alright
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #4746 on: November 04, 2020, 02:13:58 AM »

K friends imma sleep now but before I go a few thoughts:

1. Not the anticipated D wave election on the presidential level by a long shot but probably still a win for Biden. He's probably favored in AZ, WI, NV, and MI and that's all he needs. The fact that Trump still can't count on Georgia (an unexpected bright-ish spot for Dems) and (to a much lesser extent) North Carolina doesn't help either.

2. Legislative humiliation. I'm not sure if the Democrats will net lose seats in the House or not but they certainly aren't picking up an appreciable number as of my writing this. In the Senate, the Democrats are having to claw their way to Susan Collins's seat, which should tell you all you need to know. Once again, I think Georgia might be an unexpected bright-ish spot, but this is a straight up bad performance.

3. I seriously never want to hear another electability case again. Twice in a row we've nominated these ostensibly electable moderates who clearly energize no one after the party put its thumb on the scale, and twice in a row we've been burned. I said this before, but in 2016 Bernie performed well among WWC in the Rust Belt who Clinton lost and in 2020 Bernie performed well among Hispanics who, honestly, Biden might have lost absent COVID. This is just atrocious. All of the states Biden was supposed to lock down were either always going D (Arizona) or always going R (Florida, Ohio, etc.) and a progressive might have actually done better in states like Texas, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Nevada. Suffice it to say, barring a real risk of like nuclear war or something, I will not be voting for non-progressive Democrats for president for the foreseeable future, and I encourage any other progressives or even moderates who want to see the party actually win to take a similar pledge. I'm still going to vote and cure ballots for Warnock (and Ossoff if he gets to a runoff), but frankly downballot Dems are running out of goodwill as well.
You think Bernie would have won?

Yes. I think Biden probably won but Bernie's win would have been more comfortable. Obv unprovable, it's a counterfactual, but it's my take
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #4747 on: November 04, 2020, 02:14:16 AM »

Republicans have swept Montana's races, which I thought was likely. Daines certainly ran one of the strongest campaigns of any Senate Republican this cycle, and it paid off for him. But even Republicans who ran weaker campaigns, like Tillis, Graham, Cornyn, Ernst, and Collins, have either already won or look poised for victory.

We've seen nothing out of AK yet.

True, but the last polls from Alaska had Sullivan and Young up, and given what happened in Kansas, Montana, Iowa, and South Carolina, I'm not too confident.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4748 on: November 04, 2020, 02:14:17 AM »

Trump leading Nassau with 88% in
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #4749 on: November 04, 2020, 02:15:13 AM »

I suspect that the Republicans will win the run-offs easily in Georgia, unfortunately.

If Biden wins, yes.  But, if Trump wins, I think Warnock and Ossoff (if that gets below 50%) would have decent chances.
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 187 188 189 [190] 191 192 193 194 195 ... 818  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies