2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:37:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 818
Author Topic: 2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread  (Read 606943 times)
ExSky

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: November 03, 2020, 11:09:48 AM »

Touting E Day  percentage leads and comparing them to 2016 means you’re in a bad spot.
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #201 on: November 03, 2020, 11:09:59 AM »

Biden doesn't even need Florida...
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #202 on: November 03, 2020, 11:10:05 AM »

The frustrating thing is that it was clearly explained since EV that the key to winning Florida is to keep the electorate under R+4 by getting higher Dem turnout then 2016 which is what seems to be happening. It’s gonna be close as always but nothing so far really points away from a Biden +2 victory which is what the average is

Right.  nothing short of Dems winning battleground states by 10+ will make some people here happy.
ultraviolet
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -3.22

P P P
« Reply #203 on: November 03, 2020, 11:10:15 AM »

I was told that #RepublicansforBiden meant Biden had Florida in the bag.

Do you not understand that voter registration is not who you vote for?  
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #204 on: November 03, 2020, 11:10:23 AM »

Hello to everyone.

I have to wait until midnight Italian time to see the polls officially close in the first states and to see the official results start trickle in and gaaah I'm in for a long night I suppose.
swf541

« Reply #205 on: November 03, 2020, 11:10:30 AM »

The big unknown about Florida right now is Miami Dade.  Dems have A LOT of room for growth there.  High Election Day turnout there would seem to benefit them at this point.  Anyone know what's going on with turnout there?

Nothing from Miami Dade so far today it seems..........
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #206 on: November 03, 2020, 11:10:34 AM »

The frustrating thing is that it was clearly explained since EV that the key to winning Florida is to keep the electorate under R+4 by getting higher Dem turnout then 2016 which is what seems to be happening. It’s gonna be close as always but nothing so far really points away from a Biden +2 victory which is what the average is

The Republicans are quickly gaining in FL so far. Still a long way to go (at R+0.6, but was D-leaning at poll open), but if they keep up their current pace, I think they do clear R+4.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #207 on: November 03, 2020, 11:11:05 AM »

The big unknown about Florida right now is Miami Dade.  Dems have A LOT of room for growth there.  High Election Day turnout there would seem to benefit them at this point.  Anyone know what's going on with turnout there?

Given how every other county is voting today, it doesn't seem farfetched to think Miami-Dade's ED vote has been R-leaning so far.
redjohn

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #208 on: November 03, 2020, 11:11:32 AM »

Strong prediction: We can obsess over any FL statistic and we will have no better idea who is headed for victory until actual votes report. Something I'm learning to do today is to pay literally zero attention to partisan takes on turnout today.
randomusername

« Reply #209 on: November 03, 2020, 11:11:34 AM »

https://www.gpb.org/news/2020/11/03/gpb-election-blog-i-wanted-make-sure-i-got-my-voice-heard

Georgia liveblog
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #210 on: November 03, 2020, 11:12:10 AM »

It's 11.11 am in Florida.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #211 on: November 03, 2020, 11:12:21 AM »

The big unknown about Florida right now is Miami Dade.  Dems have A LOT of room for growth there.  High Election Day turnout there would seem to benefit them at this point.  Anyone know what's going on with turnout there?

Given how every other county is voting today, it doesn't seem farfetched to think Miami-Dade's ED vote has been R-leaning so far.

Except Miami Dade was one of the few counties where Republicans substantially over performed in the early vote.  So there's just not nearly as many Republicans left to vote there.  
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #212 on: November 03, 2020, 11:12:28 AM »

The Wizard's election map is...something else:

Possible (and really, most people expect this) for "Election Day Only" votes.

It is telling more people had already voted in Texas by yesterday than had voted in the entire 2016 election, which may say something. We are not going to get "normal" results.
swf541

« Reply #213 on: November 03, 2020, 11:13:31 AM »

You are extrapolating off about one hour of data when we're already seeing the R margin in day of vote falling......
Flo 2.0
Soje
Rookie
United States

« Reply #214 on: November 03, 2020, 11:13:48 AM »

make a wish!
randomusername

« Reply #215 on: November 03, 2020, 11:14:38 AM »

Why are you all even bothering with the Wizard's tweets? His Twitter bio shows he shouldn't be taken seriously.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #216 on: November 03, 2020, 11:15:37 AM »

Here’s another great example we are at almost 80% turnout in the Villages and Trump is doing 10% worse then in 2016 while NPAs (a group that has constantly been pro-Biden in polling) has spiked.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #217 on: November 03, 2020, 11:15:45 AM »

The Wizard's election map is...something else:

Possible (and really, most people expect this) for "Election Day Only" votes.

It is telling more people had already voted in Texas by yesterday than had voted in the entire 2016 election, which may say something. We are not going to get "normal" results.
Yep but that's not an "Election Day Only" map. That's just an insane prediction by a Trumper.
cp
United Kingdom

« Reply #218 on: November 03, 2020, 11:15:47 AM »

Might be the most British-thing that will be said today Tongue

Lol, thanks. I think. Was born and raised in Canada, fwiw.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #219 on: November 03, 2020, 11:16:09 AM »

Strong prediction: We can obsess over any FL statistic and we will have no better idea who is headed for victory until actual votes report. Something I'm learning to do today is to pay literally zero attention to partisan takes on turnout today.

That's Atlas for you, freaking out about turnout reports, and then when the actual results show something completely different, claiming that they "knew it all along."
roxas11
United States

« Reply #220 on: November 03, 2020, 11:16:28 AM »

To be honest I'm surprised everyone is so focused on Florida when Pennsylvania will hands down be the most important state on election night  

Trump could end up winning FL but if he than turns around and loses Pennsylvania
this election would basically be over and Biden is most likely going to be our next president
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #221 on: November 03, 2020, 11:17:17 AM »

To be honest I'm surprised everyone is so focused on Florida when Pennsylvania will hands down be the most important state on election night  

Trump could end up winning FL but if he than turns around and loses Pennsylvania
this election would basically be over and Biden is most likely going to be our next president

I think it's more that people want the election to be done and over with by tonight.  If Biden wins Florida (or Georgia or NC), that will almost certainly be the case. 
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #222 on: November 03, 2020, 11:17:57 AM »

FL gets the focus because they're the only swing state putting out live data AFAIK.
swf541

« Reply #223 on: November 03, 2020, 11:18:07 AM »

No data in PA to argue over
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #224 on: November 03, 2020, 11:19:19 AM »

I think it's more that people want the election to be done and over with by tonight.  If Biden wins Florida (or Georgia or NC), that will almost certainly be the case. 

I think if Biden wins Florida, the election is likely over. He'd need to run the table on all of the other states, and the polls would have to be even more wrong than in 2016 for him to carry Michigan and Wisconsin again
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 818  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies