2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:28:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 775 776 777 778 779 [780] 781 782 783 784 785 ... 818
Author Topic: 2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread  (Read 617196 times)
n1240

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #19475 on: November 24, 2020, 01:12:38 PM »

What happened in Arizona?

1,674,507 Biden
1,666,552 Trump
Source: Dave Leip results on this website

I thought Biden had won by over 10,000? Instead he won by 7,955?

Greenlee results are triple counted for some result on Atlas page.
ucscgaldamez1
Rookie
« Reply #19476 on: November 24, 2020, 01:13:46 PM »

I just saw the official Arizona website, Biden won by 4,202 votes. Wow. That was a super close call. I think at this point all counties have certified their results.

https://results.arizona.vote/#/featured/18/0
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #19477 on: November 24, 2020, 01:15:54 PM »

NV certified as +2.39% for Biden.

This means NV did swing to Trump by 0.03% ...
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #19478 on: November 24, 2020, 01:17:12 PM »

I just saw the official Arizona website, Biden won by 4,202 votes. Wow. That was a super close call. I think at this point all counties have certified their results.

Interesting.  What updated?  The recount threshold in AZ is 0.1% and we are very close to that now if these aren't the final results.  If this is final, it means GA voted left of AZ!
n1240

« Reply #19479 on: November 24, 2020, 01:18:39 PM »

Is the heavy GOP swing in Rockland because of its large Orthodox Jewish population?

This is what I'm assuming, I may try and run through precinct data actually and see if I can detect swings outside of Ramapo though.

2016 vs 2020 margin by township in Rockland:

Clarkstown: Clinton+8.1% to Biden+15.3% (7.2% swing D)
Haverstraw: Clinton+23.3% to Biden+23.6% (.3% swing D)
Orangetown: Clinton+2.1% to Biden+9.2% (7.1% swing D)
Ramapo: Clinton+7.4% to Trump+19.0% (26.4% swing R)
Stony Point: Trump+28.4% to Trump+17.4% (11.0% swing D)

Confirms that Rockland swinging to Trump was completely driven by a massive swing of Orthodox Jewish people in his direction.
ucscgaldamez1
Rookie
« Reply #19480 on: November 24, 2020, 01:20:07 PM »

I guess Greenlee is obviously wrong data on the AZ official election division website too?

Greenlee   100.00%   
Biden 7,092
 Trump 14,598
Total vote 22,110
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #19481 on: November 24, 2020, 01:20:15 PM »
« Edited: November 24, 2020, 01:23:56 PM by brucejoel99 »

Interesting.  What updated?  The recount threshold in AZ is 0.1% and we are very close to that now if these aren't the final results.  If this is final, it means GA voted left of AZ!

The recount threshold in AZ is 0.1% or 200 votes, whichever is smaller. In this case, we're obviously well past the point of the threshold being 200 votes, so we're good here.
ucscgaldamez1
Rookie
« Reply #19482 on: November 24, 2020, 01:22:01 PM »

Greenlee official canvass report:

https://www.co.greenlee.az.us/pdf/2020%20General%20Election%20Canvass.pdf
BudgieForce
YaBB God

« Reply #19483 on: November 24, 2020, 01:22:19 PM »

Something got screwed up with Greenlee County. They went from about 3,000 votes in 2016 to 22,000 this year. I think there's a website error because other sources list Greenlee at 3685 yet the SoS website has Greenlee at 22,110.
BudgieForce
YaBB God

« Reply #19484 on: November 24, 2020, 01:23:18 PM »

Yep. The SoS website needs to get fixed.
ucscgaldamez1
Rookie
« Reply #19485 on: November 24, 2020, 01:27:03 PM »

Let's start a twitter campaign to get the AZ Secretary of State to correct the record, especially if you look over the final canvass report from Greenlee. Trump will go crazy with the wrong info!
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19486 on: November 24, 2020, 01:27:23 PM »

I guess Greenlee is obviously wrong data on the AZ official election division website too?

Greenlee   100.00%   
Biden 7,092
 Trump 14,598
Total vote 22,110

Considering that Greenlee has 4800 registered voters that's a little off.  I guess Rudy drove by with a van of votes.
BudgieForce
YaBB God

« Reply #19487 on: November 24, 2020, 01:29:33 PM »

Let's start a twitter campaign to get the AZ Secretary of State to correct the record, especially if you look over the final canvass report from Greenlee. Trump will go crazy with the wrong info!

Thankfully Biden won the state by a large enough margin where an 18,000 voter discrepancy wouldn't change the result. I sent a message to the Board of Elections on the SoS website, but i doubt anyone will get it. I assume the numbers will get fixed when the state gets officially certified.
BudgieForce
YaBB God

« Reply #19488 on: November 24, 2020, 01:31:55 PM »

Katie Hobb's office has a phone number. Maybe I should call?  Angry
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #19489 on: November 24, 2020, 01:33:32 PM »

NC has certified:

RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — The North Carolina State Board of Elections certified the results of the November general election on Tuesday, awarding the state’s 15 electoral votes to President Donald Trump.

The certification does not formalize the results in the statewide race for state Supreme Court chief justice between Republican Paul Newby and Democrat Cheri Beasley. Out of nearly 5.4 million cast, Newby leads by about 400 votes, as of Tuesday. Both candidates have pending protests in the race that went to a recount.

Democratic President-elect Joe Biden fell short of Trump in the state by 1.3 percentage points, a narrower defeat than the 1.7-point loss Democratic senate candidate Cal Cunningham had to Republican Sen. Thom Tillis. Democratic Gov. Roy Cooper defeated GOP challenger Dan Forest by 4.5 percentage points.

The five-member board tasked with overseeing elections voted 4-1 to certify the results. Former Republican state Sen. Tommy Tucker said he opposed certification because of a legal settlement approved by the state board and appeals courts that, among other things, extended the deadline for counties to receive mail-in ballots postmarked by Election Day.

Tucker, who was not on the board at the time the settlement was reached, called the agreement “unconstitutional,” expressed concerns about the deliberative process that went into it and said the board should have gone through the General Assembly if it wanted to make changes to election laws.

Despite multiple lawsuits by GOP leaders in state and federal court over the extended deadline, both the U.S. Supreme Court and North Carolina’s highest court declined to intervene before the election.

Jeff Carmon, a Democratic member of the board, called Tucker’s comments “dishonorable” and stressed the need to make it easier for people to vote amid the coronavirus pandemic. Damon Circosta, chairman of the state board, said Tucker’s decision not to certify the results was disappointing.

https://apnews.com/article/election-2020-joe-biden-donald-trump-north-carolina-general-elections-14151da0a637f70d1860ae0dc133df69
ucscgaldamez1
Rookie
« Reply #19490 on: November 24, 2020, 01:36:34 PM »

Yea, hopefully they don't certify the wrong info. Hopefully, this is just a website error.
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #19491 on: November 24, 2020, 01:37:19 PM »

Kinda funny that Delaware was the first state with official results and now Georgia the first state to ascertain Trump’s loss at the National Archives ... Wink

Also: I didn’t know that Stacey Abrams is an Electoral College member for Biden. I thought they’d choose more obscure people for this job.
It depends on the State.

In New York, they are quite prominent: Cuomo, Mr. and Mrs. Clinton, Hochul, etc., though some step aside for campaign workers.

Texas laws prevent electors from holding other public offices, and the resign to run law could actually force resignation if the oath of office is taken. In 2016, two elector-elects did not take the oath because they would have lost their position; two did not because they worked on the staff of congressmen; one because he could in conscience vote for Trump.

In some States electors are chosen at state party conventions, typically be congressional district. If you have a lot of amateurs such as a State dominated by Sanderistas, they can choose electors loyal to the candidate rather than the party (that was what happened in Washington and Colorado).
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #19492 on: November 24, 2020, 01:39:23 PM »

It's abundantly clear at this point: the next time we have an election that comes down to a single disputed state, the party that controls the legislature will try to directly assign that state's EV to their candidate after the fact.  IDK what SCOTUS will do, but it will end up there. 
BudgieForce
YaBB God

« Reply #19493 on: November 24, 2020, 01:40:08 PM »

Yea, hopefully they don't certify the wrong info. Hopefully, this is just a website error.

It's 100% a human entree error. The board of elections will certify based on the actual canvass report, not the SoS website.  Even if they did though, it wouldn't make a difference. Even with that error, the state isnt close enough for an automatic recount.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #19494 on: November 24, 2020, 01:43:40 PM »

It's 100% a human entree error. The board of elections will certify based on the actual canvass report, not the SoS website.  Even if they did though, it wouldn't make a difference. Even with that error, the state isnt close enough for an automatic recount.

If that's the case, then someone with higher privileges should alert Dave, because his AZ data uses the phony Greenley County data, too.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #19495 on: November 24, 2020, 01:43:55 PM »

NY really needs to reform its election system the next 4 years ...

Vienna, a city of 2 million, counted 400.000 postal ballots in 2 days without pre-processing.

NY, a state of 20 million, counts 1.6 million postal ballots for 6 weeks !
Are Austrian postal ballots actually postal ballots (placed in ordinary mail for delivery to electoral authorities)?

We don’t have public drop boxes if that’s what you mean.

You can either mail it back, or fill it out/cast your ballot right after requesting it at your local municipal office. You can also return it personally later, or on Election Day. Or if you are sick on Election Day you can hand it over to a „flying voting commission.“
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #19496 on: November 24, 2020, 01:52:43 PM »

Vienna, a city of 2 million, counted 400.000 postal ballots in 2 days without pre-processing.

Are Austrian postal ballots actually postal ballots (placed in ordinary mail for delivery to electoral authorities)?

You can either mail it back, or fill it out/cast your ballot right after requesting it at your local municipal office. You can also return it personally later, or on Election Day. Or if you are sick on Election Day you can hand it over to a „flying voting commission.“
No, what I meant is if you return via the postal service do you just drop it in the same box that you use for mailing a postcard to your cousin in Vienna, TX (USA), or is there some special procedure. How do they know the ballot is from you?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #19497 on: November 24, 2020, 02:02:05 PM »

No, what I meant is if you return via the postal service do you just drop it in the same box that you use for mailing a postcard to your cousin in Vienna, TX (USA), or is there some special procedure. How do they know the ballot is from you?

If you mail it back, you can either drop it off at a Postal Office store, where you’ll get an ID to track it like a parcel to see if it has arrived.

This is the safe option.

But you can also drop it off at a Postal box, of which there are many in each city.

Ahead of an election, the Postal Service empties every box in the country on Saturday or even Sunday morning, so that almost all ballots get delivered by the time polls close on Sunday 5pm.

Therefore, only a very small amount of ballots arrive after poll closing. This was higher in previous years, but the Post introduced these „special emptyings“ to reduce it to single digits.

As for „how do the election authorities know it’s your ballot“:

There is a personal QR code on the back of the outer envelope which involves your voter registration number in the CVR (central voter registry), your precinct, town and election district. And you have to sign the ballot.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #19498 on: November 24, 2020, 02:02:29 PM »

Do we think she really believes this, or is she just playing the part?
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #19499 on: November 24, 2020, 02:03:03 PM »

Do we think she really believes this, or is she just playing the part?
Nah I think she's actually stupid
Pages: 1 ... 775 776 777 778 779 [780] 781 782 783 784 785 ... 818  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies