2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 01:47:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 397 398 399 400 401 [402] 403 404 405 406 407 ... 818
Author Topic: 2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread  (Read 636355 times)
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10025 on: November 05, 2020, 11:53:44 AM »

Fox says that there is still 13% of PA ballots left to report and Biden is now only down by about 122k. Looks like the 100k Biden lead could even have been a pretty conservative estimate from Casey.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #10026 on: November 05, 2020, 11:54:41 AM »

Trump's % lead in PA officially down below 2% -- now stands at 1.9!
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #10027 on: November 05, 2020, 11:54:49 AM »

Is Biden gonna win the peach state or nah?

Let me let you in on a little secret .... No

Let me let you in on a little secret .... the numbers don't agree with you. Like, at all.

Biden needs to get 65% of the remaing 60K or so ballots out there in GA. The answer to that question will determine whether or not he takes the lead.

Exactly, & it looks like he's been consistently winning 70+% of the outstanding ballots that come in with each GA vote dump. So he's very much on track to take that lead.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #10028 on: November 05, 2020, 11:54:51 AM »

If we had these numbers on election night, PA and GA would be called by now. Networks are just waiting out of an abundance of caution and/or the desire to stretch every ounce of this.
forsythvoter

« Reply #10029 on: November 05, 2020, 11:54:58 AM »

It's accurate. There are about 60K ballots left and Biden will need 65% of them to take the lead from Trump.

Hold up, GA just went up to 98% on NYT. Are we good there?
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10030 on: November 05, 2020, 11:55:16 AM »

What's going on? Will Biden lose PA? Will we have an update around 12 pm EST?
Dems trying to appeal court order

Why though? Who cares if they watch ...

They can watch through live stream. In the room, they can intimidate.

I get that... although you can hear the conspiracy theorists now
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #10031 on: November 05, 2020, 11:55:22 AM »
« Edited: November 05, 2020, 12:07:08 PM by Del Tachi »

GA is important because all of the officials involved in setting the rules for the election there are Republicans.  If Biden wins GA, that plainly defeats the rigging claim.  

Or, Kemp rigged it for Biden because he wanted to run for reelection in a Biden midterm.

I'm not saying this is true nor do I believe it, but Kemp isn't dumb. He knows his chances would be next to zero with Trump still in office. I don't think he's losing any sleep if Biden wins GA.

It's going to be very interesting to watch Kemp transition from a "red state gov" to a "blue state gov."  Kemp has always been more associated with the urban/"moderate" Chamber of Commerce  wing of the GA-GOP so this is going to be somewhat of a natural evolution for him.  He's not going to become a Deep South version of Charlie Baker to be sure, but I think he'll start sounding  sounding a lot more like Bill Haslam or Mike DeWine than Kristi Noem.  

#'s still look good for Biden in GA, but at this point it's really just all gravy (assuming PA flips.)  All GA does at this point is lull the winning side into hubristic complacency about it going into 2022/24; the results there are essentially going to be a tie.  
This statement doesn’t make sense at all but because you’re butthurt that Biden is flipping it you have to get in a dig I guess.

My point is that, whichever column GA eventually ends-up in, a narrow margin of ~10k votes cannot be interpreted as a sign of some kind of structural advantage for the winner.  GA will be hotly contested in 2022/24 just like it was in 2018/20; flipping it from (non-Atlas) red to blue doesn't change that calculus one iota.  Depending on how the tea leaves are read, Democrats (after winning GA in 2020) could over-invest there in 2022 only to watch it *snap back into a Lean R state during a Biden midterm (which is essentially what happened in North Carolina during 2010/14).  
Red Velvet
Brazil

« Reply #10032 on: November 05, 2020, 11:55:49 AM »

What happens to Trump after he loses? He simply... goes back to what he used to do before, which is nothing? Probably use his ex-president status to get money and pay his debts?

That’s kinda anticlimactic after the chaos of the last 4 years but it makes sense since life is not a movie or book plot even if politics under Trump were so cartoonish that it looked like it was.

But in the back of my mind I think I expected to have some kind of conclusive ending where the villain is defeated forever or even a redemption plot twist where it was revealed his enemies were the real bad guys. To have a close election with a marginal defeat of Trump is so casual, Republicans will control senate and push Biden to be more conservative and Trumpism will stay so alive after this that it doesn’t really feel like the end lived up to the hype the story set itself for with its middle and beginning.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10033 on: November 05, 2020, 11:56:09 AM »

Please finish counting the votes in this century!

Is this place just a pro-Biden circlejerk or is there a legitimate chance of him winning all the remaining states?

He's very legitimately likely to win PA, NV, & GA. Unlikely to win NC at this point. All-but-impossible to win AK.

Are you sure? You guys are kind of sounding like the 2016 Clinton supporters before enough states were called.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10034 on: November 05, 2020, 11:56:26 AM »

This is why getting the run-off with Ossoff and Warnock is important. Mitch is going to Mitch. And hopefully a Hail Mary happens and Cunningham squeaks out a stunner.

Not happening. Ossoff couldnt win the main election and trailed Biden badly. If Dems have the White House in January, Republicans will turn out in droves to keep the senate. Turnout for runoffs, even in 2008 when a filibuster proof majority was at stake, has favored Rs

Ok. One, all you Doom sayers or haters have been wrong on a lot of things. Second, elecorates change, new voter registration is until December 7th for Georgia to vote in that election. The narrative is different and Ossoff with Warnock (who is running against an unpopular Senator) could drive turnout. At least having the chance, no where did I say he would win but at least get the chance. But please go doom say somewhere else, you guys are super annoying.

I hope both the democrats lose. I want divided government.

If that happens Biden won't even be able to appoint a cabinet. McConnell has already signaled that he's not going to approve anyone Biden puts forward unless they are conservative.

Compromise or die.

No u
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #10035 on: November 05, 2020, 11:56:32 AM »

Hoping for Biden to lose either GA or AZ ...
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #10036 on: November 05, 2020, 11:56:47 AM »
« Edited: November 05, 2020, 02:49:21 PM by Trends are MORE than real »

If we had these numbers on election night, PA and GA would be called by now. Networks are just waiting out of an abundance of caution and/or the desire to stretch every ounce of this.

This is the only thing that can explain Steve Kornacki last night not explaining how unlikely the 269-269 "Biden wins Georgia, Trump wins everything else" scenario is. The press really is the enemy of the people, just not in the way Trump says it is.
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10037 on: November 05, 2020, 11:56:48 AM »

Trump is likely to face multiple criminal investigations. That's why he is scared of losing.
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #10038 on: November 05, 2020, 11:56:55 AM »

What happens to Trump after he loses? He simply... goes back to what he used to do before, which is nothing? Probably use his ex-president status to get money and pay his debts?

That’s kinda anticlimactic after the chaos of the last 4 years but it makes sense since life is not a movie or book plot even if politics under Trump were so cartoonish that it looked like it was.

But in the back of my mind I think I expected to have some kind of conclusive ending where the villain is defeated forever or even a redemption plot twist where it was revealed his enemies were the real bad guys. To have a close election with a marginal defeat of Trump is so casual, Republicans will control senate and push Biden to be more conservative and Trumpism will stay so alive after this that it doesn’t really feel like the end lived up to the hype the story set itself for with its middle and beginning.

He's definitely not going to jail like the #resisters think he is.
charcuterie

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

« Reply #10039 on: November 05, 2020, 11:56:58 AM »

Why?
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #10040 on: November 05, 2020, 11:57:03 AM »

WHY?
rhg2052

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -6.78

« Reply #10041 on: November 05, 2020, 11:57:10 AM »

Why?
Malarkey Decider
United States

« Reply #10042 on: November 05, 2020, 11:57:18 AM »

Hold up, GA just went up to 98% on NYT. Are we good there?

Holy crap this is going to be close.
Splash
United States

« Reply #10043 on: November 05, 2020, 11:57:32 AM »

Source on the PA vote count being paused? I don't see it anywhere. Is this just a misreading of the Allegheny County situation?

DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #10044 on: November 05, 2020, 11:57:48 AM »

Because he bet money and doesn't want to lose it.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #10045 on: November 05, 2020, 11:58:29 AM »

I've been moderated for sharing my thoughts on Tender as a person in the past, so I'm going to demur here.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #10046 on: November 05, 2020, 11:58:37 AM »

Oh boy.

President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10047 on: November 05, 2020, 11:58:53 AM »

People are very much overestimating how conservative Kemp is. His 2018 campaign exagerated aspects of his political ethos.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #10048 on: November 05, 2020, 11:58:59 AM »

Because I have a 50€ bet on William Hill, in which I would win 450€ if Trump ends somewhere between 240 and 268 EV.

If he wins both states, Trump drops below 240 EV ...
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #10049 on: November 05, 2020, 11:59:31 AM »

Please finish counting the votes in this century!

Is this place just a pro-Biden circlejerk or is there a legitimate chance of him winning all the remaining states?

He's very legitimately likely to win PA, NV, & GA. Unlikely to win NC at this point. All-but-impossible to win AK.

Are you sure? You guys are kind of sounding like the 2016 Clinton supporters before enough states were called.

Huh Huh Huh

Yes.

Biden is already in the lead in NV with the bulk of the outstanding vote there from Democratic Clark County, & he's consistently winning PA & GA vote dumps by more-than-sufficient margins to be in the lead there when all's said & done. This isn't delusion. It's simple math.
Pages: 1 ... 397 398 399 400 401 [402] 403 404 405 406 407 ... 818  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies