Gitmo suicides (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:46:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Gitmo suicides (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gitmo suicides  (Read 4034 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: June 11, 2006, 05:33:00 AM »

These were obviously murders, not suicides. 
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 09:45:56 AM »

The three were "murdered"?  Is that a fact?  You were there?

It is reasonable to assume, when prisoners are held without access to judicial review or observation by either humanitarian organizations or the press that they are tortured and murdered, agcatter.  How could anyone be there?  Such is not allowed by their captors.

And of course, even if they died by their own hands, this is irrelevant, as the causation was the brutal treatment meted out by their american captors.  If they had been held in humane comfort, as a non-terrorist state, abiding by international law, would have done, they would probably not have killed themselves.  Further, if they had been released after the State failed to charge them with anything, they would not have killed themselves.

If you like your empire, agcattor, and your fascist State, you should not mind when it murders.  That is what it is for!
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2006, 10:18:25 AM »

Opedo,

Now that you're throwing around your favorite term "fascist", I'll let you and Fern discuss the evil fascist UNITED States.  That should occupy both of you for a day or two.

agcatter, I don't 'throw around' the term fascist, I use it just as precisely as I use all my speech, and it is the mot juste for the american State.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 09:59:07 AM »

For Opedo to use anything involving the World Court to back up his accusation that the United States is somehow a terrorist nation that is murdering Gitmo inmates is quite a reach and only serves to demonstrate the absurdity of his argument (if you can call it that).

I never refered to the World Court at all, agcatter.  I merely made the point that where a State is unsupervised by any outside parties, whether humanitarian organizations, an independent judiciary, or the press, it is safe to assume that they are torturing and murdering.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 11:05:31 AM »

Fine.  Let's give all of  them full access to the US court system and each an OJ dream team of lawyers.

Boo fricken hoo.  You libs are hilarious.  Yeah, they were all picked up at a shopping  mall because they were Muslim.

This question has nothing to do with the specifics of the case, agcatter - the religion of the victims, or the specific nature of the 'threat' the perportedly represent.  No, the question here is limitation of State power over the individual - without proper oversite abuse is inevitable.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies