Meanwhile in Nice - Islamic Terror Decapitation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:16:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Meanwhile in Nice - Islamic Terror Decapitation
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Meanwhile in Nice - Islamic Terror Decapitation  (Read 806 times)
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 29, 2020, 05:00:28 AM »
« edited: October 29, 2020, 05:04:27 AM by Meclazine »

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-54729957

Look's like radical islamic terrorism killing innocent people in Nice.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-10-29/france-nice-knife-attack-three-dead-several-injured/12828942

3 dead, one decapitated. Others stabbed.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2020, 05:21:21 AM »

These senseless murders will lead to nothing.

France will remain an open society and the radical Muslims will either have to accept this fact or be rounded up one by one and either thrown into prison or be deported.

The better solution would of course be to stop all immigration from backwards Muslim countries to prevent such things in the first place ...
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2020, 07:45:12 AM »

Yes,

It will be interesting to see what France does about this issue.

My guess, nothing.
Omega21

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2020, 07:47:38 AM »

Didn't see there was already a thread.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/siladityaray/2020/10/29/at-least-three-dead-several-injured-after-knife-attack-in-french-city-of-nice/

Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2020, 07:49:37 AM »

NyT
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/29/world/europe/nice-attack-france.html
“There is a woman who quite clearly was attacked with the same modus operandi as Samuel Paty,” the Nice mayor, Mr. Estrosi, told BFM TV, referring to the teacher who was killed by a young Muslim in mid-October after showing caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad in a class.

“Enough is enough,” Mr. Estrosi said. “It is now time for France to exempt itself of peacetime laws to permanently annihilate Islamo-facism from our territory.”
Officials in Nice described the attack as Islamist terrorism, and it was quickly followed by two similar events — including a knife-wielding assailant outside a French Consulate in Saudi Arabia — though it was not immediately clear whether the events were coordinated.

The mayor of Nice, Christian Estrosi, told reporters on Thursday that a suspect, who has not been identified, was arrested after being shot and wounded by the police. The suspect “kept repeating Allahu akbar in front of us even though he was sedated,” Mr. Estrosi said, adding this left “no doubt” as to the motivation behind the attack.

Prime Minister Jean Castex quickly announced that authorities were placing the country on its highest terrorism threat level, with heightened security at places of worship, and he said the response to the attack would be “firm and relentless.”

“This attack, which is as craven as it is barbaric, plunges the entire country into mourning,” Mr. Castex told lawmakers in Paris.
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2020, 07:51:18 AM »

Yes,

My guess, nothing.

They have already done things to tackle it, and will likely do more things.

The question is whether they are the right things.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2020, 07:59:11 AM »

Yes,

My guess, nothing.

They have already done things to tackle it, and will likely do more things.

The question is whether they are the right things.

Yes I mean it's interesting that France & the UK laregly have quite different domestic anti-terror strategies (of course there's some difference in the domestic threats they face)

But I'm not sure many people would say that France has some sort of bleeding heart approach to these issues.
Omega21

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2020, 09:26:53 AM »

Meanwhile, on huge UK-based pages a lot of the top comments are:

"Macron is the same as the extremists, they both incite violence in the other party"

After people call the BS in saying that "One stands for secularism and freedom of expression, the values the country is based upon and allows people to draw satirical cartoons, while the other beheads people in the street and places of worship" a flood of "Freedom to mock someone else's beliefs?!?" comments rolls in.

The most concerning part is that the majority of people supporting those anti-free speech comments are not religious extremist, but in most part fairly emasculate British men.

Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2020, 09:49:41 AM »

Absolutely despicable and horrendous. My thoughts and prayers go out to the families of the victims. I truly despise it when these criminals are using my religion to justify the most heinous crimes against innocent people. These aren't Muslims, these are murderers. Period.

You can argue about certain caricatures and find them tasteless, but we either have freedom of press and opinion, or we haven't. In this case, it's France, whose people have decided to be a nation that embraces freedom of opinion. People residing in France not d'accord with this shouldn't be there, IMHO. France, like the US, allows everyone to have their religion and faith, but that's not a one way street in either direction. That also applies to a part of the right end of the spectrum, who are trying to generalize all Muslims as violent and criminal.
Estrella
Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas)

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2020, 04:03:40 PM »

"Macron is the same as the extremists, they both incite violence in the other party"

After people call the BS in saying that "One stands for secularism and freedom of expression, the values the country is based upon and allows people to draw satirical cartoons, while the other beheads people in the street and places of worship" a flood of "Freedom to mock someone else's beliefs?!?" comments rolls in.

The most concerning part is that the majority of people supporting those anti-free speech comments are not religious extremist, but in most part fairly emasculate British men.

1. Cool story bro.

2. Reading comments on news sites is about as good a way of getting a handle on public opinion as... well, there's no comparision, it's pretty much the worst thing you could do. Especially in the aftermath of such a tragic event as this.

3. "Men who aren't conservatives/nationalists/whatever are sissies, not Real Men™" is pretty much Peak 21st Century Far Right. This thinking was, of course, always there, but it's fascinating how it's become a mainstay of the fash-adjacent ideologies of today.
Omega21

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2020, 04:44:21 PM »

1. Cool story bro.

2. Reading comments on news sites is about as good a way of getting a handle on public opinion as... well, there's no comparision, it's pretty much the worst thing you could do. Especially in the aftermath of such a tragic event as this.

3. "Men who aren't conservatives/nationalists/whatever are sissies, not Real Men™" is pretty much Peak 21st Century Far Right. This thinking was, of course, always there, but it's fascinating how it's become a mainstay of the fash-adjacent ideologies of today.

What, lol?

A part of the far-right/nationalist edgelord scene is made up of "basement dwellers", self-described "Incels" etc. So, the first quote has no basis in reality.

Also, I don't know why you are saying "not masculine" equals "not a Real Men™".

One is a simple personal observation, the other is an insult and a bit dehumanizing even. Saying a man is feminine or a woman is masculine (in the traditional meaning of the word) is not a slur or insult if you don't include anything else that makes it an insult.  

But, if you really want to get into that argument, yes, conservative men are on average rated as more attractive in the vast majority of scientific literature. (Which often equals to more masculine because hetero women are the one rating)

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/caveman-politics/201803/science-weighs-in-conservatives-look-better
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2020, 02:02:55 AM »

The accused man freshly migrated from Tunisia.

I wonder if Tunisia was on Trump's list of sh%$#ole countries.
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2020, 08:18:12 AM »

Once ruled by France.
Omega21

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2020, 04:38:30 PM »

Once ruled by France.
And the Ottomans, and the Romans, and the Rashidun Caliphate, and a few more lol
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2020, 05:45:03 PM »

Once ruled by France.
And the Ottomans, and the Romans, and the Rashidun Caliphate, and a few more lol
The Roman, the Phoenicians, may I go on?
Red Velvet
Brazil

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2020, 07:26:48 PM »

This is so sad, one of the people who got murdered was a Brazilian woman. I hope Macron is proud of his sh**tty political stunt designed only for the sake of elevating his popularity ratings. What a joke of a “leader”.
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2020, 06:58:48 AM »

Let's get one thing clear at least - literally everybody on here agrees that Islamist extremists are VERY BAD (even when they aren't actually killing people)

Anybody who implies otherwise is indulging in straw mannery in its purest form.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2020, 07:29:56 PM »

Let's get one thing clear at least - literally everybody on here agrees that Islamist extremists are VERY BAD (even when they aren't actually killing people)

Anybody who implies otherwise is indulging in straw mannery in its purest form.

Some might argue that history would show that Christian extremists were doing the same thing during The Crusades in the other direction.

Tunisia is just 700 years late to the game.
njwes
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2020, 07:43:54 PM »

I don't think it's fair--and it might be a bit ignorant--to describe this as "Islamic terror", tbh. Islam is a religion of peace.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2020, 10:54:33 PM »
« Edited: November 01, 2020, 04:21:22 AM by Meclazine »

I don't think it's fair--and it might be a bit ignorant--to describe this as "Islamic terror", tbh. Islam is a religion of peace.

I agree it's a public relations nightmare for the Islamic community.

We should stop and look at it from the terrorists viewpoint for one second.

The only way it's unfair to describe these nut-cakes as Islamic terrorists whilst they are decapitating innocent people's heads from their body with a sharp knife is if you were actually living in a radical terror cell in Tunisia watching these live videos they make and thinking you were watching Star Wars where the Islamic terrorists were Jedi knights.

They are beholden to a higher power and greater good for their community and the blood flowing from the necks of their victims is like watching the Imperial Forces in Star Wars getting what they deserve.

They are the good guys, and to view them any other way is unfair.

Interestingly, I believe this to be the case. Just like the Germans thought they were the good guys in WW2, the Tunisian Muslim terrorists honestly believe they are the good guys.

Maybe the French shot their ancestors to sh**t 200 years ago. I don't know.

Or, you could ask these guys to stop yelling quotes from the Koran whilst they are murdering innocent people.

But the Islamic link is crystal clear. These guys think they are the real Islam.

Lord Halifax
Papua New Guinea

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2020, 03:40:54 AM »

Satire?
Saruku

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2020, 04:30:36 AM »

One can make an argument in good faith that Islam is slower to evolve and more prone to fundamentalism than many other religions due to certain features of the religion... and it'd probably be an argument I'd agree with.

Most discourse about Islam, however, does not resemble that at all. It's mostly an outlet for expressing one's disdain for certain cultures with a veneer of plausible deniability.
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2020, 04:57:08 AM »

It *claims* to be a religion of peace, yes.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies