Who wins in CA-21?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 12:39:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Who wins in CA-21?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Valadao

Cox

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 54

Author Topic: Who wins in CA-21?  (Read 871 times)
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 28, 2020, 12:25:08 PM »

?
Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2020, 12:29:10 PM »

Cox, easily. Also, Idk why the OP is posting threads for the same overhyped Republican pickup opportunities (this is like his fifth one for CA-21). At least posters like VARepublican take time for some of the more genuinely competitive GOP-held seats.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2020, 12:31:44 PM »

Valadao is a washed up loser.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2020, 12:35:20 PM »

I think the district's partisan lean will save Cox. Hillary won this district by like 15%, right?
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2020, 12:49:35 PM »

Cox, and it won't be that close.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2020, 01:52:30 PM »

Cox, easily. Also, Idk why the OP is posting threads for the same overhyped Republican pickup opportunities (this is like his fifth one for CA-21). At least posters like VARepublican take time for some of the more genuinely competitive GOP-held seats.

Sir Woodbury is very optimistic about Republican chances, to put it mildly. I still haven't been able to tell if he's trolling, if he's genuine, or what. I've seen very similar electoral takes to his over at the CityData forums, and on conservative websites, where most posters still seem to think that Trump is headed to an easy reelection.
MRS DONNA SHALALA
cuddlebuns
South Africa

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2020, 02:23:33 PM »

Sir Woodbury is very optimistic about Republican chances, to put it mildly. I still haven't been able to tell if he's trolling, if he's genuine, or what. I've seen very similar electoral takes to his over at the CityData forums, and on conservative websites, where most posters still seem to think that Trump is headed to an easy reelection.

I have a few threads on conservative forums bookmarked for 11/3. They're obsessed with TargetSmart data and are in for a rude awakening.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2020, 03:04:04 PM »

I have a few threads on conservative forums bookmarked for 11/3. They're obsessed with TargetSmart data and are in for a rude awakening.

I've never even heard of TargetSmart before, or at least I don't recognize it right away. Given what you've said here, that might be a good thing. But yes, many people (including my own father) are convinced that Trump is going to win reelection, and think the polls are wrong. Of course, it's not over until it's over, but it's hard for me to see Trump as favored at this point. It'll be interesting what SirWoodbury and others will have to say once the election results are in.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2020, 03:20:48 PM »

Cox, but this could honestly be somewhat close, turnout patterns here are erratic, but I think incumbency and presidential turnout should be enough for Cox to win, Lean D.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2020, 06:40:53 PM »

daddy cox
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2020, 11:49:41 PM »

Valadao wouldn't surprise me, given Biden's slide with Hispanics, but the punditry/polling that was so laughably bad here in 2018 sounds very similar now and that's why I think Cox still has the edge.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2020, 12:37:42 AM »

If Valadao couldn't win in 2018 as an incumbent with lower Hispanic turnout, he's not winning now. Cox has this.
Coastal Elitist
Tea Party Hater
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.71, S: 2.26

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2020, 11:52:56 PM »

lol this thread aged well
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2020, 01:27:26 AM »

If Valadao couldn't win in 2018 as an incumbent with lower Hispanic turnout, he's not winning now. Cox has this.

^Hmm, he never learns, huh? Not a good look...

That said, I don’t think bumping countless threads to rub it in people's face accomplishes much at this point. Yes, those of you who predicted that Valadao would win/still had a good chance of winning were right, but if you’re being honest with yourselves, you had little other than ‘gut feeling’ or a ‘hunch’ to go by. It would be more understandable if you were criticizing people for blatantly disregarding every single indicator (partisan lean, recent election results, polling biases in this district in previous elections, etc.) and deliberately ignoring the big picture OR if this was a district/state notorious for pre-election polling overstating Democratic strength, but none of that was true in this case. It’s fair to ‘call out’ this forum for being a Democratic echo chamber, but I don’t think the Atlas consensus with regard to particular race really helps you make your point, to say nothing of the fact that it gets pretty old after 100+ bumps.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies