Mitch admits the truth. He wants ACB to sabotage Biden and the Democratic trifecta's agenda
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 11:39:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Mitch admits the truth. He wants ACB to sabotage Biden and the Democratic trifecta's agenda
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Mitch admits the truth. He wants ACB to sabotage Biden and the Democratic trifecta's agenda  (Read 2955 times)
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2020, 04:06:17 PM »

I appreciate angry Angus King. He generally has good takes.
politics_king
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2020, 05:00:50 PM »

It's fine, eliminate the electoral college, pack the courts and give DC/PR statehood. The GOP is going to regret this day, especially by 2024 if Biden & Pelosi retire.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2020, 05:45:35 PM »

It's a three-step process, and you have to hit all of them in sequence:
1. Abolish the filibuster so you can pass legislation
2. Pass HR1 — automatic voter registration, Election Day a holiday, abolish gerrymandering, add six new states, re-enfranchise all felons, limit corporate donations, the works.
3. Pack the court — essentially required if you want #2 to stand.
Stockdale for Veep

« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2020, 05:53:42 PM »

Angus Burger is on board!

Diamond Joe, please step into my office...
CrimsonCommander688
Rookie

« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2020, 06:08:14 PM »

Why is Biden against Court Packing?   Doesn't he know a 6-3 GOP Court will make A Democratic controlled Congress and a Democratic White House pointless?

Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2020, 06:08:40 PM »

Pack the f#cking courts and damn the consequences. If the Supreme Court is going to be used as a reactionary weapon, we might as well come clean about the biases of the justices. Mitch McConnell did not deny Merrick Garland a hearing to 'legitimize' the court, and that will have lasting political ramifications going down the line - and those will certainly outlive him.

Get ready for a new judiciary, especially if Roe is overturned or Obamacare is repealed.

This logic turns the Judiciary into a superlegislature with life tenure.  Something the Left wants because many of their key proposals are not popular and they want them enacted Judiclally.

If the GOP should magically get a trifecta why should they not pack the Court even further?  By your logic why not?
You openly stated you would support ramming ACB through a lame duck session if needed just because you want her to end Roe v Wade. So please save the whining about the judiciary becoming legislatures for people who don’t know your actual motivations
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2020, 06:38:55 PM »

Why is Biden against Court Packing?   Doesn't he know a 6-3 GOP Court will make A Democratic controlled Congress and a Democratic White House pointless?

I think he will if he wins the election with a Democratic Senate. We still need to do that first before we can even consider updating our democracy.

Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2020, 06:48:06 PM »

Aaaand there's even more of an impetus for court-expansion.

No, it's not.  It's an impetus for people to give more thought to who they're voting for.

Packing the Court will delegitimize it; it will give people motivation to not obey Court Orders.  Think that won't happen?  Thomas Jefferson, himself, said of Marbury v. Madison:  "John Marshall has made his decision.  Now let him enforce it."  Americans have an interest in SCOTUS orders being followed.  That liberals can't see this is beyond me.
One of this forum's biggest Trumpists botched middle school history knowledge? I'm shocked, shocked, I tell you!

To be fair, Fuzzy Bear made this point in another thread, and owned up to his mistake with regards to confusing the President and the case.
politics_king
United States

« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2020, 07:58:35 PM »

It's a three-step process, and you have to hit all of them in sequence:
1. Abolish the filibuster so you can pass legislation
2. Pass HR1 — automatic voter registration, Election Day a holiday, abolish gerrymandering, add six new states, re-enfranchise all felons, limit corporate donations, the works.
3. Pack the court — essentially required if you want #2 to stand.

Add 6 new states? I mean if you do DC, Guam and Puerto Rico I do t think you get that much resistance. As for the others make their congressional seats count in the House.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies