Mitch admits the truth. He wants ACB to sabotage Biden and the Democratic trifecta's agenda
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 10:22:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Mitch admits the truth. He wants ACB to sabotage Biden and the Democratic trifecta's agenda
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Mitch admits the truth. He wants ACB to sabotage Biden and the Democratic trifecta's agenda  (Read 2954 times)
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 25, 2020, 02:32:32 PM »

McGarnagle
SomethingPolitical

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2020, 02:34:17 PM »

From the looks of it, Mitch won't even exist by 2024.

Anyway, by brazenly disregarding his own rule, Mitch has paved the way for Democrats to expand the courts.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2020, 02:42:26 PM »

Well just pack the courts and add DC and PR then, Mitchell.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2020, 02:46:27 PM »

I’m surprised he is so open about the fact that he expects Trump (and seemingly the GOP Senate as well) to lose.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2020, 02:48:21 PM »

I’m surprised he is so open about the fact that he expects Trump (and seemingly the GOP Senate as well) to lose.

He wants people to think that Biden is guaranteed to win, so they'll vote for Republican Senators as a "check".
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2020, 02:49:55 PM »

Anyone else catch this too? Lol.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2020, 02:52:10 PM »

Ahhhh.... I really don't like playing politics dirty, but Mitch might just b able to get me mad enough to want to pack the courts. We'll see.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2020, 02:54:31 PM »

We all know this, Mitch. That's why Democrats must add two seats to court, at least.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2020, 02:59:22 PM »

We all know this, Mitch. That's why Democrats must add two seats to court, at least.

Idk, I really don't think that's the right solution; the courts shouldn't be a political body. My solution would be to make 3 of the justices elected by the people, and up every 6 years (staggered, so a justice per cycle), while 6 are appointed by the President and needs 60 votes to be confirmed.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2020, 03:04:03 PM »

Anyone else catch this too? Lol.

I think this might be a misunderstanding/poor phrasing. I don't think he means specifically 2020 by "the next election" given that he said "sooner or later." He's just referring to the fickle whims of democracy.
Asta

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2020, 03:04:57 PM »

Get rid of lifetime appointment. We don't need anything like king or royalty in the country.
Every justice must step off after 10 years.
Brandern
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2020, 03:13:48 PM »

Get rid of lifetime appointment. We don't need anything like king or royalty in the country.
Every justice must step off after 10 years.

Right on. If you want to be "originalist" about it, our first judges were old, "wise" men who died after 10-20 years.

Not 50 year old whippersnappers whose life expectancy is 90-100 years old.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2020, 03:15:13 PM »

Idk, I really don't think that's the right solution; the courts shouldn't be a political body. My solution would be to make 3 of the justices elected by the people, and up every 6 years (staggered, so a justice per cycle), while 6 are appointed by the President and needs 60 votes to be confirmed.

Courts have always been political - law is inherently political
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2020, 04:31:50 PM »

I like the sentence "A lot of what we've done over the last four years" as if the Senate had actually done anything during that time frame.
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2020, 04:34:08 PM »

He wants people to think that Biden is guaranteed to win, so they'll vote for Republican Senators as a "check".

That's precisely what I think will happen. And even if the Democrats win big, I highly doubt the court gets expanded.
McGarnagle
SomethingPolitical

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2020, 04:35:21 PM »

They shouldn't be a political body, but they have been made into one by the Republicans.

I like the idea of electing justices - I think they should all be elected positions instead of lifetime appointments, with publicly funded elections only. No corporate donations for campaigns for the Supreme Court.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2020, 04:40:47 PM »

Aaaand there's even more of an impetus for court-expansion.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2020, 04:41:21 PM »

This might actually backfire, because there's been a lot of complaining that Dems haven't gone far enough. Now anytime they don't accomplish campaign promises, they can easily point to the courts and say, well we tried but they've overturned everything we've done.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2020, 04:46:16 PM »

These people really think that because they crammed through some more extremist judges they can retain their agenda (whatever that is) for a generation.  This is going to backfire spectacularly unless they salvage this race.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2020, 04:47:53 PM »

What's to obstruct, people on Medicaid and Medicare, right now aren't even paying the ACA penalty tax, due to the fact the people aren't working. When you stop working, you qualify for Medicaid and no penalty tax has to be paid. 50M blue collar jobs left due to Covid

As for abortions, not too many people are having unprotected sex male or female in a Covid Environment which triggers unwanted pregnacies

As for the Environment we are gonna transition from a fossil fuel economy anyways, but Covid accelerated it. Bullet trains instead of cruises are gonna become a reality

There is gonna be step by step change by the bent of the Crt isn't gonna stop the D agenda
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2020, 06:54:30 PM »

Of course Mitch admits the truth, he is notoriously shameless.

But I ask, what have they actually accomplished in their six years of having the majority? Nothing but establishing bad precedents, obstruction, and confirmation of Trump-appointed judges. Okay sure, they also passed an imbalanced tax bill and attempted to repeal the ACA multiple times, but what else? And, specifically, what have they actually done for the majority of the country that they don't represent? Nothing, because they don't want to represent the majority of the country and only care (but really just pretend to care) about their over-represented minority of angry white people. They want to cram hack judges through so that it can negate the real will of the majority of the country that they know they will never be able to win over. McConnell and the contemporary GOP's entire existence is them clinging to survival amidst an ever-changing world that they refuse to change with. They don't care what kind of country they leave behind for future generations when they die. They only think to the future when it comes to scheming about how they can maintain power. F*** them up their asses at even the lowest level of government.
Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2020, 07:12:33 PM »

No, it's not.  It's an impetus for people to give more thought to who they're voting for.

Packing the Court will delegitimize it; it will give people motivation to not obey Court Orders.  Think that won't happen?  Thomas Jefferson, himself, said of Marbury v. Madison:  "John Marshall has made his decision.  Now let him enforce it."  Americans have an interest in SCOTUS orders being followed.  That liberals can't see this is beyond me.
compucomp

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2020, 07:47:16 PM »

No, it's not.  It's an impetus for people to give more thought to who they're voting for.

Packing the Court will delegitimize it; it will give people motivation to not obey Court Orders.  Think that won't happen?  Thomas Jefferson, himself, said of Marbury v. Madison:  "John Marshall has made his decision.  Now let him enforce it."  Americans have an interest in SCOTUS orders being followed.  That liberals can't see this is beyond me.

You botched that quote so bad, you messed up both the person who said it and the relevant decision.

But of course, I wouldn't expect Russians to have much knowledge of American history... You really should have been more creative in picking a name than to copy what the GRU named their hacker groups.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2020, 08:19:11 PM »

Well just pack the courts and add DC and PR then, Mitchell.

Biden is going to fall right into the bipartisan trap Obama fell into. Uncle Joe is too decent for his own good. The Republican party is not a party of good governance and a faithful opposition party. It has to be crushed electorally.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2020, 08:20:40 PM »

Yes Mitch give us more ammo to pack the courts!
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies