The 2004 AFRNC Convention Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:41:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The 2004 AFRNC Convention Thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The 2004 AFRNC Convention Thread  (Read 11942 times)
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 16, 2004, 11:48:23 PM »

Greetings my fellow Republicans and welcome to the 2004 Altas Fantasy Republican National Convention! We meet here on this cold winter day in Chicago to discuss the future of our party and the future of this great nation.

We went through a tough primary this year with some controversy, but what would politics be without it?  I would like to thank all the candidates for their hard work and dedication. In the end we showed unity and formed a ticket of two great candidates. With this union we showed that two wings of our party could unite for the better of the party and our nation. I believe that  we must look to the future while borrowing from what worked in the past to prevail.

This upcoming election will be a tough one. I will not guarantee victory, that is up to the public but I will guarantee we will not go down without a fight. It is with great pleasure that I announce the Republican ticket for the 2004 Presidential Election, Governor Supersoulty and Senator Demrepdan! Please enjoy the convention and may God continue to bless America.
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2004, 12:12:14 AM »

Great speech Mr.Chairman!
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2004, 11:44:29 AM »
« Edited: January 17, 2004, 11:45:11 AM by TheWildCard »

(sorry about the double post)

Hello fellow Republicans!

As a guest speaker I'd like to take a moment to thank the Chairman and the other members of the convention committee for allowing me to do this and setting up such a great convention.

As some of you may know I've only been here for a short time but I must say from what I've seen I feel the Republicans can win this election. I feel with our morals, our position on Defense, and on Homeland security the people will vote for us.

I'd like to also congratulate Supersoulty and Demrepdan for being the Republican ticket to victory in this years election.

I will not ramble on any further, so I end this speech by saying if you work and try hard enough you can do anything.

God bless America
God bless Our Troops
And God bless the world

Thank you and good night.
Demrepdan

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2004, 01:46:11 PM »

Hello everybody! I'd like to first thank The Wild Card for his words of encouragement. Let me begin my saying that I believe we have seen the biggest mistake Supersoulty has ever made, he decided to hold the convention in Chicago, with FREEZING temperatures!

*audience laughs*

Why couldn't we hold the convention in sunny Miami, Florida. Or perhaps warm Los Angeles, California. Or maybe even Honolulu, Hawaii for crying out loud!

*audience laughs*

But regardless of the cold weather, Chicago really is a great city isn't it?

*audience claps*

I was born and raised in Illinois, as you all know. Although I am from central Illinois I have always appreciated the glory, and the splendor, of the Windy City. I remember when I was up here in Cook County, campaigning for my Senate seat, and I was able to gain the support of MANY Chicagoans, and I say to you tonight, to give your support to Supersoulty.

*audience claps*

I say to you tonight, to lend your support to our team. A NEW team. A team that people never thought imaginable, and many dreaded to ever see. A team with a conservative running for President, and a moderate liberal running along side him as his Vice President. Many thought it would never happen. But it has happened, and with a ticket balanced the way it is, I believe we will be a POWERFUL force as the Republican Party!

*audience cheers*

I say to you liberals who may be listening, if you support me and wish to vote for me because I am on the ticket, but you do not want to vote for Supersoulty, I beg of you to take a closer look at Supersoulty. He is a compassionate conservative, a patriot, a man who will put the interests of his country first before he would bow before extremists. Along with his compassion comes REASON. He is a reasonable conservative, and REASON is what this campaign is all about. Everything must have a REASON to work accordingly, and this election, the Democrats have very little reason. So I think we know who is going to the White House!

*audience cheers*

Supersoulty has a vision for America! His vision is the same vision each and everyone of us has as AMERICANS, the difference between him and the Democrats is that he is going to DO something in order to put in place his vision of America! The same vision that you and I and all of us share mutually! He will DO something to put this vision in place and not just talk about it relentlessly as the Democrats do. He will work HARD for you as your President and keep the promises he has made!

*audience cheers*

Together, me and Supersoulty make a wonderful team. A team that can reach across party lines, and help every American. As Supersoulty himself has said, we are a NEW team, for a NEW era.

*audience claps*

Now I think I've said enough for right now. I'm now going to go campaigning across this grand state of Illinois. I will make it assured that Illinois, will be SUPERSOULTY/DEMREPDAN country by the time the general election comes around!

*audience claps*

Although I am leaving, I will be back for the rest of the convention on Monday. Allow me to now introduce the current Governor of Pennsylvania, a true American, and the next President of the forums, SUPERSOULTY!!

(Supersoulty will of course respond to my speech, and make a speech of his own)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2004, 02:50:31 PM »
« Edited: February 05, 2004, 12:13:08 AM by supersoulty »

Part 1

Mr. Chairman, delegates, and fellow citizens… it’s been a long and hard struggle, but finally I come here to the great city of Chicago, in the heart-of-the-heartland, to accept your nomination as president.  Together, with Sen. Demrepdan, we will lead America into a new era of strength, hope and opportunity.

(Applause)

Sen. Demrepdan has build-up a strong record for fighting for the people.  He is an independent thinker and a devoted man.  Our party is stronger because we have him with us and I am proud to have him as my running mate.

(Applause)

150 years ago, a group of concerned citizens met for the first time, just north of here in the small town of Ripon, Wisconsin, for the first meeting of the Republican Party.  They came with a dedication to the spirit of “liberty and justice for all”.  Tonight, we meet to renew their commitment.

(Applause)

Now, more than ever, America needs leadership that is committed to these principles.  Now, more than ever, America needs a team with the experience, knowledge, understanding, commitment, compassion and integrity to lead this nation through the next eight years.  My fellow Americans, we can provide that leadership.  My fellow Americans WE ARE THAT TEAM!

(Applause)

Now, more than ever, the principles of this nation are under attack by those who only seek to destroy our way of life.  America needs a team who will fight for the spirit of this nation both at home and abroad.  My fellow Americans, we will fight to defend this great land of ours.  My fellow Americans WE ARE THAT TEAM!

(Applause)

Now, more than ever, we need a team with the courage to stand-up and say that there is something wrong with education in America.  Schools are failing.  Hopes are falling.  Our future is fading.  My fellow American, we have that courage.  MY FELLOW AMERICANS WE ARE THAT TEAM!

(Applause)

Now, more than ever, this nation needs the compassion to defend those who cannot defend themselves; the needy, the elderly, the sick, the unborn.  MY FELLOW AMERICANS, WE HAVE THAT COMPASSION.  MY FELLOW AMERICANS WE ARE THAT TEAM!

(Thunderous Applause)

This is truly a new era for America and the world.  Like in all past eras we will be confronted with new problems, new struggles and new fears.  However, we will also see new solutions, new hopes and new opportunities.

Opportunity comes with knowing.  In this age of information, knowledge is power.  As governor of Pennsylvania, I worked hard to improve the conditions of elementary and secondary schools and I worked to set-up a state program that would allow all hard working students to attend college.  When I came into office, our state was under-going a massive budget crunch.  When I approached members of the legislature about my college proposal they told me “Sorry Governor, but we just don’t have the money to set-up the programs you want.  I asked them to give me a month and I would find the money.  My staff and I poured over the books for a month and in the end, we found the minimal amount we needed to create the programs I had pledged in my campaign.  In the following years, we were able to expand the program and today 10,000 more young men and women have received their college degrees, because of it.  It’s a small step for my state, but it’s a step in the right direction.

(Applause)

I believe that parents should have a say in how and what their kids are being taught.  I passed a law that would allow parents to attend class with their young children to make sure that their kids were being taught the basics.  I set up a special office to take complaints from parents and sent monitors into schools from which I received complaints.  If schools failed to clean up, then I offered parents a limited vouchers program that allowed them to send their kids to the public school of their choice without being penalized for it.  People told me that I would never make a second term because of it, because it was political suicide to take on the teachers unions.  I knew that it had to be done and today our public schools are better for it.

As president, I will bring this same leadership to education.  I will work with governors to create programs similar to the ones I- and other governors such as, Zell Miller- established so that more young people will have the chance to further their education.  To our public schools, I will offer increased funding and greater local control so that we can have a system of increased learning and greater opportunity for all Americans.

America is the land of opportunity.  In our brief history as a nation, tens-of-millions of immigrants have arrived on our shores in pursuit the American Dream, my ancestors among them.  I believe that his dream should be as available today as it was to my ancestors nearly 150 years ago.  I believe that immigration should be made more available to those who would come to this country legally.

(Applause)

I support immigration, because I support America, but today, we are encountered with the realities of an unfriendly world.  The horrors of 9/11 and modern terrorism have shown us that we need to get tough when it comes to our boarder.

(Applause)

Our present boarder situation is awful.  We need to put the National Guard on the boarder, to keep out those who would seek to harm this country.  We need to find and deport those who come to this country illegally to discourage further breaking of the law.  We need to get our boarder situation under control.

(Applause)

There is more to combating terrorism than securing our boarders.  America needs to take an active role in fighting terrorism all over the world.  America must lead the charge to rid the world of terror in the 21st century.

(Applause)

We must not be alone in this struggle and if I’m elected, we will not be alone.  The United Nations is a good organization for dealing with humanitarian needs, but it is, by its nature, ill-equipped for this struggle.  The North Atlantic Treaty Organization was founded more than 50 years ago to combat the threat of communism.  Today, a new threat stalks the world and new measures are needed to combat it.  If elected president, I will work with other NATO leaders to reform NATO in to an organization geared to combat the enemies of hope, liberty and compassion, all over the world.  And, because there is strength in numbers, I will work to expand NATO membership to Israel, Japan, Australia, Iraq, Kuwait and the nations of Eastern Europe.  If elected I will make sure that America and our allies are equipped to handle the new wars of the 21st century.

(Applause)

America should never hesitate to defend herself and her principles across the globe.  It is no secret that I supported the Iraq War, because military action was needed to stop a major threat to America and the world.  As president, I would never hesitate to answer the call of just nations and innocent civilians who are being attacked and oppressed by violent dictators.

(Applause)

There are those who will say that “we can’t be the world police” or that we “shouldn’t be so hasty to act”.  To them I ask, “If not us, who?  If not now, when”?  The oppressed peoples of the world cannot afford to wait for deliverance from a world body that has it’s hands tied by the self interests of over 180 nations.  America must work to actively advance the cause of liberty, wherever it is threaten, across the globe.

(Applause)

In order to achieve these goals, the US military must remain the most effective fighting force in world.  Effectiveness comes, not just from have superior equipment and leadership, but also superior moral.  As president, one of my first acts would be to increase military pay by for all ranks in all branches by 10%.  It’s about time we say thank you for all they do for us.

(Applause)

I will also increase funding to military research and development, so that our troops will be able to fight more effective and more of them will be able to come home when the day is won.

(Applause)

Foreign Relations are not all about war and alliances.  There is also the question of trade.  NAFTA is a boondoggle of monumental proportions and I will move to end it as quickly as possible.

(Applause)

That doesn’t mean an end to free trade, however.  I believe in free trade in principle, I believe that it helps to bring in competition and benefits the consumer.  But I also believe in keeping high paying jobs that can be done here, here in America.

(Applause)

Made in America should not just be a slogan, but a commitment to excellence!

(Thunderous Applause)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2004, 02:52:18 PM »

Part 2

(Thunderous Applause)

It is no secret that the economy is fueled by money.  (Laughter)  I believe that the more money in the hands of consumers means more economic growth and more economic growth means more jobs.  If elected president, I will lower federal income and business taxes.

(Applause)

I don’t believe that anyone should have to pay more than 30% of their income in federal taxes and I don’t believe that anyone who makes less than $35,000 a year should have to pay a dime in federal income tax.

(Applause)

Having a child is a great commitment of love.  I believe that having a large family is a blessing.  This is the future of America we are talking about.  Parents, you know that raising a child costs more than $800 dollars a year.  That’s why I propose that we raise the child tax credit to $1500.  Parents should have the means to provide for their children.

(Applause)

You may be asking yourself, “How is he going to pay for all of this”?  I believe that government waste is the great thief of the people’s money.  If we closed off these money pits and tied off the loose ends, then we could save the nation literally tens of billion of dollars a year. As President, I will establish a commission to discover where we are wasting valuable tax payer dollars and end it.

That money is your money, not the governments.  America is about being able to make dreams into reality and having the ability to lead a happy life.  That’s why we need to get the government out of your pockets and my administration will do that.

(Applause)

But what good are Liberty and Happiness, without Life.  Almost 2000 years ago, a great philosopher said “whom so ever takes in one of these little ones in my name, it is a though they are taking in me”.  That man was Jesus of Nazareth.  All religions have a great respect for life.  Life is the fundamental right.  It is the first to mentioned in the Declaration of Independence and for good reason.  Without the right to life, there can be no others.  

(Applause)

I know that there are those who believe that abortion is a “right”.  I disagree.  I believe that there is one thing that most reasonable people can agree on, that we should act to save as many innocent lives as possible.  I know that we cannot change the culture over night, but I believe that we can work to save lives.  I believe that we can act to keep partial-birth abortion illegal.  I believe that we can work to establish a system of parental notification.  I believe that we can work to make the adoption process easier for those who want a child.  I believe that some day we can reverse RoevWade so that abortion will be a state-by-state issue again.  Most importantly, I believe that the American Culture is a culture of life and that we can work to preserve life for all future generations!

(Thunderous Applause)

Respect for life should not end with the unborn.  As a nation, we should work to defend innocent life at all stages.  That is why we need to reform Social Security to make it more secure.  We should allow workers to invest a small amount of their Social Security pensions in private accounts so that they have more money to retire on.  This helps workers and it helps the economy and as president I WILL SEE IT DONE!

(Thunderous Applause)

As a nation, it is our priority to provide for the needs of the less fortunate in our boarders.  That is why I want to preserve Medicare, to make sure that those who cannot afford prescription drugs or much needed operations and doctor’s visits will be able to get the care they need.  This helps the national spirit.  This proves that we are a compassionate society.  This lifts hopes and saves lives and as president I WILL SEE IT DONE!

The way for America has always been the way of progress.  If you elect me, I will make sure that the values of this nation are preserved and passed on to future generations.  My fellow Americans, this is a new era for America.  A new era that is full of opportunity.  Seize on that opportunity.  SEIZE HOPE!!  SEIZE THE FUTURE!!!!!!!!

(Deafening Roar From The Crowd)

GOD BLESS AMERICA!  GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!  GOOD NIGHT!!!!!!!
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2004, 04:16:48 PM »

Excellent speech!
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2004, 09:21:20 PM »

That was great Supersoulty!
jravnsbo

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2004, 11:49:36 AM »

noit sure how much time I have.  Didn't know supersoulty was going ahea dof me, don't want o upstage him.  I fully support him!

Registration is going well.  Check with the chairman to get the private website to discuss things.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2004, 01:15:28 PM »

noit sure how much time I have.  Didn't know supersoulty was going ahea dof me, don't want o upstage him.  I fully support him!

Registration is going well.  Check with the chairman to get the private website to discuss things.

Please, make a speech.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2004, 01:36:04 PM »

Please, make a speech.

Yes please.
PD
pd

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2004, 03:34:19 PM »

Good morning. I am happy to be here on this cold Chicago day. It's certainly a lot hotter in California. But then again, it always is.

*Soft laughter*

Anyway, I'm here to tell you that we have a team here that will LEAD US TO VICTORY!

*Thunderous applause*

Thank you, thank you. On a personal note, I would like to congratulate once again Governor Supersoulty and Senator Demrepdan on their bid for the White House. Though I tried to win this bid for presidency, and lost, I am proud to support this wonderful team we have.

*Applause*

I call for the unification of all Republicans in this battle for the presidency. We face a democratic party that has revolutionized itself and is moving in fast. We must fight, and we must win.

*Applause*

We will fight to keep this country going, TO KEEP THE VISION OF CAPITALISM ALIVE!

*Thunderous Applause*

We will fight to end socialism, to restore our military to its greatness and to make it better, to lift the education system out of the liberal hands of this country!

*Thunderous applause*

We will fight to lower taxes, to cut welfare, to carry out the actions that best interest the well-being of this great nation!

*Thunderous applause*

We will fight to extinguish terrorism, to wipe out terrorist governments, we will take action against the threats to our wonderful country! Not wait around debating what to do when it's quite obvious! We will have an administration that takes action when we need it!

*Thunderous applause*

As Governor of the great state of California, as a fellow Republican, and as a friend, I wish you, Supersoulty and Demrepdan, the best of luck and I will work with you and campaign for you to MAKE SURE WE WIN!

*Thunderous applause*

Thank you, and GOD BLESS AMERICA!

*Thunderous applause*
jravnsbo

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2004, 11:19:57 AM »

ok I will make one tonight.  Life just got busy the last few days and all.  Thank you Mr President. Smiley
NHPolitico

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2004, 12:15:32 PM »

Greetings my fellow Republicans and welcome to the 2004 Altas Fantasy Republican National Convention! We meet here on this cold winter day in Chicago to discuss the future of our party and the future of this great nation.

We went through a tough primary this year with some controversy, but what would politics be without it?  I would like to thank all the candidates for their hard work and dedication. In the end we showed unity and formed a ticket of two great candidates. With this union we showed that two wings of our party could unite for the better of the party and our nation. I believe that  we must look to the future while borrowing from what worked in the past to prevail.

This upcoming election will be a tough one. I will not guarantee victory, that is up to the public but I will guarantee we will not go down without a fight. It is with great pleasure that I announce the Republican ticket for the 2004 Presidential Election, Governor Supersoulty and Senator Demrepdan! Please enjoy the convention and may God continue to bless America.

So who do we have for entertainment?
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2004, 12:17:05 PM »

Lee Greenwood.  Smiley
NHPolitico

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2004, 12:39:24 PM »

Lee Greenwood.  Smiley

Add Reba McEntire, Sara Evans, Brooks and Dunn, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Hank Williams, Jr., ZZ Top, LeAnn Womack.  Comedy stylings of Dennis Miller and Drew Carey.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2004, 12:44:33 PM »

Lee Greenwood.  Smiley

Add Reba McEntire, Sara Evans, Brooks and Dunn, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Hank Williams, Jr., ZZ Top, LeAnn Womack.  Comedy stylings of Dennis Miller and Drew Carey.

Headline:  Drew Carey sings "Cleveland Rocks" at AFRNC Convention.  Soults numbers in Ohio go up 5%. lol
jravnsbo

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2004, 12:55:59 PM »

In a surprise move:  With the urging of Jravnsbo, in walks Ted Nugent to the roar of the crowd to play a few songs and signs on to do a few benefit concerts!

THE NUGE!
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2004, 02:02:35 PM »

In a surprise move:  With the urging of Jravnsbo, in walks Ted Nugent to the roar of the crowd to play a few songs and signs on to do a few benefit concerts!

THE NUGE!

Who's that? Smiley
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2004, 02:59:34 PM »

Lee Greenwood.  Smiley

Headline:  Drew Carey sings "Cleveland Rocks" at AFRNC Convention.  Soults numbers in Ohio go up 5%. lol

Don't forget get Bruce Willis, Sarah Michelle Gellar, and Jessica Simpson.

jravnsbo

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2004, 03:04:07 PM »

Ted Nugent is a rock and Roll star from 70's and 80's and a deputy sheriff in Michigan and big hunter and outdoorsman that has his own TV show and he is a big 2d Amendment supporter.

Biggest hit, Cat Scratch Fever!

THE NUGE!

Who's that? Smiley
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2004, 03:09:35 PM »

OK...never heard of...sounds like someone who only Republicans would like. Smiley

Ted Nugent is a rock and Roll star from 70's and 80's and a deputy sheriff in Michigan and big hunter and outdoorsman that has his own TV show and he is a big 2d Amendment supporter.

THE NUGE!

Who's that? Smiley
jravnsbo

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2004, 03:48:48 PM »

well this si a republican thread! Smiley

OK...never heard of...sounds like someone who only Republicans would like. Smiley

THE NUGE!

Who's that? Smiley
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2004, 03:53:01 PM »

Yeah, I suppose you got a point there...was that a polite way of telling me to get out? Smiley

THE NUGE!

Who's that? Smiley
jravnsbo

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2004, 05:35:04 PM »

no never.  I was just saying in jestagain, well it is a republican forum as you said it looked like a guy the GOP would like, yep.  Just seemed obvious we'd talk about party fav at the convention.

Yeah, I suppose you got a point there...was that a polite way of telling me to get out? Smiley

THE NUGE!

Who's that? Smiley
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies