Black voters (CBS/BET): Biden +82
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:22:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Black voters (CBS/BET): Biden +82
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Black voters (CBS/BET): Biden +82  (Read 2244 times)
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2020, 12:26:27 PM »
« edited: October 25, 2020, 12:33:44 PM by gracile »

It confirms that younger blacks are less democratic. I can see someone like Kasich or Rubio peeling off younger black voters even better.

A more likely answer is that the younger subset of black voters opposes Biden from the left. Remember that Sanders did very well with younger black voters and the results of this poll track the broader trend of young voters seeing their Biden vote as one in opposition to Trump, rather than a sweeping endorsement of Biden.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2020, 12:31:15 PM »

I would not give much if any weight to that question.

I like Joe Biden.

I would vote for any democratic nominee.

I would vote for ANYONE to oppose Donald Trump.

So I guess my own most truthful answer to the question would be "to oppose Donald Trump". But I would also vote for any democrat against basically any other republican. And I also do genuinely like Joe Biden. These three are not mutually exclusive by any means.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2020, 04:35:12 PM »

AA aren't voting for Trump whom is tied to Russia, 1960s saw Russian Marxists kill Civil Rights leaders. That goes right down to John James as well😀😀😀

I am quoting myself for a reason, when Trump loses, next Tuesday, the relief of Marxist Russian rebels will be over.

They cannot paint Hunter Biden with the same brush Kennedys, Daley's and Biden are all Irish Roman Catholic
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2020, 04:45:29 PM »

This can't be true. I read on TalkElections that Trump is going to get 15% of the black vote, or maybe more!
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2020, 04:52:30 PM »

It confirms that younger blacks are less democratic. I can see someone like Kasich or Rubio peeling off younger black voters even better.

Not really. If anything, those politicians would be even worse at peeling off young Black voters. The main reason Biden gets (relatively) low enthusiasm from young Black voters (and young voters more generally) is a perception of being out of touch/uninterested in their issues. You think a suited machine politician like Kasich or Rubio would be better able to gin up enthusiasm from people who think Biden is boring and old? At least Trump has the "appeal" of a big personality.

Plus, the young Black voters aren't less Democratic in this poll. They register less interest and engagement in politics generally, that's true, but that's universally the case for young voters. Trump's numbers aren't any better with young Black voters than older ones; there's just more apathy.

Results seem reasonable and roughly in line with expectations. I think Biden will do slightly better than polling suggests, but it's really hard to get accurate results with extremely polarized groups because the odds become much higher of an error towards the extreme minority position (Trump) than an error towards the extreme majority position (Biden).
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2020, 04:54:12 PM »
« Edited: October 25, 2020, 04:57:35 PM by Hammy »

Younger black voters (as with younger voters in general) are trending more progressive, not more Republican. A lot of younger voters are voting for Dems solely to stop Republicans above all else, not because they like a particular candidate
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2020, 05:00:21 PM »

So anybody want to run the numbers on the African-American voting history at the PRES level since 1964?

This seems like it might be the worst result for Republicans with the exception of Obama '08, and possibly '12 as well.

TheLaRocca
United States

« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2020, 05:55:44 PM »

So anybody want to run the numbers on the African-American voting history at the PRES level since 1964?

This seems like it might be the worst result for Republicans with the exception of Obama '08, and possibly '12 as well.

Actually, Trump losing Black men 87-12 is an improvement from 2016.

Precinct results indicate black support for the GOP much lower than exit polls.

Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2020, 06:02:28 PM »

But Trump has done more for black Americans than Abraham Lincoln!

Seriously though, 90-8 is actually the margin I expect.

Oh, and let's dispel with this notion that a more mainstream Republican would do better with black voters. Just look at Mitt Romney and his record low with black voters (granted, he was running against Obama). The more stiff and establishment they are the worse they'll probably do, especially if the party keeps up the racist dog-whistling. That's not to say that Trump has some sort of special appeal to the demographic, 8% is still incredibly paltry and it says a lot that it might be the GOP's ceiling, but he at least transcends the "government in a suit" perception.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2020, 06:10:15 PM »

Which elections regarding precinct results?

Yoda
United States

« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2020, 06:42:03 PM »

No.

Rasmussen told us that Trump will win half of Black voters.

Wait wut? Is there really a Ras poll that had #'s like that?
TheLaRocca
United States

« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2020, 06:43:15 PM »

all of them for pres
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2020, 06:47:21 PM »

Isn’t +82 kinda bad? Not kidding.

Dems should be winning AA 92-5
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2020, 06:56:57 PM »

Isn’t +82 kinda bad? Not kidding.

Dems should be winning AA 92-5

We can't expect every Democrat to replicate Obama's 2012 performance. This would still be an improvement over Clinton. Also keep in mind that turnout among the demographic matters even more than the relatively unshakable margin.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2020, 07:26:57 PM »

all of them for pres

Which Election Year and Which State?

I'm pretty sure precinct results in '16 showed much lower working-class Black Turnout vs '08/'12 in many parts of the Country.

Still, curious if you are trying to discuss early precinct EV totals in '20, vs historical precinct level results from *insert random state* in '18 Elections.

You mentioned precinct results, and my intent is not in any way shape or form to be argumentative, but rather to understand the exact point you are attempting to make... 

Plus, I am addicted to precinct results (In case you haven't noticed yet in your recent posting history), so just Curious George wants to know.

Smiley
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2020, 07:37:35 PM »

No.

Yes, Rasmussen's recent national poll has Trump winning 46% of the Black vote lol.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2020, 07:42:29 PM »

That's not a given. It could be that the responses "he's the Democratic nominee" versus "to oppose Donald Trump " are simply proxies for enthusiasm.

I based it off "because I like Biden". Younger people clearly just don't like both parties.

Sure, but that has nothing to do with "younger blacks" in particular.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2020, 07:43:04 PM »

No.

Yes, Rasmussen's recent national poll has Trump winning 46% of the Black vote lol.

Pretty sure that was approval rating, not vote share.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2020, 07:45:21 PM »

No.

Pretty sure that was approval rating, not vote share.
Regardless, that's not even close to being true.
TheLaRocca
United States

« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2020, 08:15:06 PM »

all of them for pres

I'm pretty sure precinct results in '16 showed much lower working-class Black Turnout vs '08/'12 in many parts of the Country.

Still, curious if you are trying to discuss early precinct EV totals in '20, vs historical precinct level results from *insert random state* in '18 Elections.

You mentioned precinct results, and my intent is not in any way shape or form to be argumentative, but rather to understand the exact point you are attempting to make... 

Plus, I am addicted to precinct results (In case you haven't noticed yet in your recent posting history), so just Curious George wants to know.

Smiley

Oh, your correct my friend. Turnout WAS down but Clintons % of the vote in urban Detroit was 95%+ in the black areas.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2020, 08:59:55 PM »

probably because blacks who support republicans are more likely to live in neighborhoods that aren't extremely black.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2020, 10:10:54 PM »

People on here talking about Kasich can appeal to black voters because he won 1/4 of the black vote in 2014. Like what even was black turnout in 2014 in OH, 30%?!
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2020, 12:29:14 AM »

34% actually but the point still stands
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2020, 09:42:21 AM »

B-b-b-but I thought Trump was SURGING among black voters and would surely hit double digits, if not get 15-20%!!!!!!
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2020, 09:47:00 AM »

all of them for pres

Smiley

Oh, your correct my friend. Turnout WAS down but Clintons % of the vote in urban Detroit was 95%+ in the black areas.
Also expecting 2008 2012 turnout was stupid.
Also look how hard downriver wayne swung. Probably cost way more votes than Detroit itself.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies