HB 26-19: Pedophilia and Human Traffickers are Evil Act (Failed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:49:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  HB 26-19: Pedophilia and Human Traffickers are Evil Act (Failed)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: HB 26-19: Pedophilia and Human Traffickers are Evil Act (Failed)  (Read 3774 times)
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 25, 2020, 12:50:00 AM »
« edited: December 18, 2020, 02:28:59 AM by People's Speaker Joseph Cao »

AN ACT

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the Republic of Atlasia in Congress assembled,
Section 1. Title
I. The long title of this Act shall be the "Pedophilia and Human Traffickers are Evil Act."

Section 2: Definitions
I. Pedophilia is the act of an adult taking part in sexual activity with a minor.
   Ia. A minor is someone under the age of 18.
   Ib. An adult is someone over 18.
II. Human trafficking is the act of modern day slavery against children and adults to be sold to another individual for fiscal interest or sexual favor.

Section 3: Substance
I. Anyone over the age of 18 years of age that's discovered to have had sexual activity with anyone under the age of 16 years of age:
   Ia. Anyone over 22 committing sexual acts against anyone under 18 years of age.
   Ia. This felony charge covering I and Ia. shall carry 12 years in federal prison.
   Ib. If the minor is below the age of 13, the individual over 18 years of age shall receive 50 years in federal prison.
II. All individuals committing modern day slavery as in the act of human trafficking shall face the death penalty.
   IIa. All individuals found guilty shall be executed by the Atlasia federal prison system within one year of the charge.  
   IIb. One appeal of the charges shall be allowed within this period.
III. All money within bank accounts and property belonging to such individuals shall be handed over to the victims of modern day slavery.

Section 4: The promotion of pedophilia is disgusting
I. All content that promotes children under the age of 16 within a sexually expressive way shall be considered a crime within the borders of Atlasia.
   Ia. Any company promoting the sexuality of young girls or boys shall be fined $50,000 increasing 50,000 dollars with each charge.
   Ib. First charge $50,000, second charge $100,000, third charge $150,000, etc.
II. Netflix shall be fined $50,000,000 for shows like Cuties and Big Mouth that promote pedophilia against our young girls. This Congress must demand that this stops and condemn it.
III. The FCC shall be granted the power to fine all streaming and tv networks for being illegal activity.    
   IIIa. Netflix will be given 30 days to remove all such content or face being shut down by the government of Atlasia and charged with pedophilia.
IV. Promotion of sexual activity or behavior in schools or class activities shall be grounds for the removal of federal funds.
   IVa. This includes books and texts.
   IVb. The Secretary of Education shall have the power to block grants for schools and colleges.
V. A federal ban is to be imposed on all states and regions that pass laws promoting pedophilia or lessening punishments, seeking leniency towards prison sentences, or moving towards acceptance for this disgusting act.

This Act shall take effect immediately upon its passage.

Sponsor: Jessica
House Designation: HB 26-19

72 hours to debate.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2020, 02:20:21 AM »

I. Pedophilia is the act of an adult taking part in sexual activity with a minor.
So an 18 year old that has sex with a 17 year old is a pedophile?
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2020, 02:46:41 AM »

II. Netflix shall be fined $50,000,000 for shows like Cuties and Big Mouth that promote pedophilia against our young girls. This Congress must demand that this stops and condemn it.
III. The FCC shall be granted the power to fine all streaming and tv networks for being illegal activity.    
   IIIa. Netflix will be given 30 days to remove all such content or face being shut down by the government of Atlasia and charged with pedophilia.

There's a word for this. "Bill of the taint," or something similar
Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2020, 07:57:32 PM »

Mr.Speaker

It is time to end human trafficking and make abuse of our children a life ending choice. The punishment should meet the crime and modern day slavery should result in the end of ones life quite literally and pedophilia should result in a very severe prison sentence that has real teeth. I am sick and tired of the elites harming our children and sick and tired of the monsters that hurt people. Evil must be met with the fist of justice!

Time to end it and make them wish they were never born.

And for that I yield.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2020, 12:39:49 AM »

Thank you for that, Jessica. I believe the Vice President has a question for you.

For my part, I'd like to raise another question about Sections 4.III and 4.V. Threatening to shut down Netflix entirely seems rather drastic. And what kind of a federal ban is to be imposed on states and regions, exactly?
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2020, 12:55:50 AM »

I am sick and tired of the elites harming our children

Can you clarify this a bit?
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2020, 02:33:26 AM »

Lol you want to ban Bigmouth?

I'll be first on the barricades to stop this attack on our TV programs with a 100% rating on rotten Tomato.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2020, 12:15:04 AM »

That is three questions, one bit of useful information, and one strongly oppositional stance, and while I deeply appreciate the input, none of our actual representatives have commented on this yet.

For the sake of settling the issues raised by our incoming President, our incoming Vice President, and our incoming Senator, and clearing the House floor (which is frankly getting quite crowded), I would appreciate if the sponsor could get back to us when she's able to give a good substantive answer that we can work off of.
Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2020, 12:39:50 AM »
« Edited: October 27, 2020, 01:00:46 AM by Rep Jessica »

Thank you for that, Jessica. I believe the Vice President has a question for you.

For my part, I'd like to raise another question about Sections 4.III and 4.V. Threatening to shut down Netflix entirely seems rather drastic. And what kind of a federal ban is to be imposed on states and regions, exactly?

The fcc can regulate content and this congress could pass legislation legislating them to do so for a specific item. We already pretty much have rules for ratings and what can be shown on t.v so this wouldn't be too much of a reach.

Congress has already granted the fcc the power to fine and we could give them even more to shutdown if they don't follow the rules and regulations.

It isn't ok for netflix or any network to show minors(children under 18) taking part in sexual behavior and this congress can't stand for it. Such activity is already against the ratings regulations for such age groups as displayed in these cartoons and we have to enforce it against the creators as such is disgusting.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2020, 12:12:26 AM »

I ask the congresswoman to respond to the Vice President-elect's question.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2020, 02:47:28 AM »

Not a member of this chamber, but to reiterate what the President-elect pointed out, this bill would essentially criminalize sex between an 18-year-old and a 17-year-old. Does the sponsor honestly think this is reasonable?
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2020, 10:37:21 PM »

I can think of at least two ways this bill is unconstitutional, but I'm curious to see if our "Federalist" "representatives" know what they are?
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2020, 01:18:23 AM »

I can think of at least two ways this bill is unconstitutional, but I'm curious to see if our "Federalist" "representatives" know what they are?

Mr. Attorney General, if your objection is with whether or not I and my fellow duly elected representatives are fit to hold this office, I strongly suggest you come right out and say it instead of beating around the bush like this.

That said – while I am most empathetically not a constitutional lawyer – there seem to be two Article I violations in the bill, possibly others that I haven't caught. If my fellow representatives would like to point them out as well, it is my hope that we can get some amendments rolling here, because while I generally support the need to punish pedophilia behind the bill I really strongly disagree with a lot of the implementation that it proposes.

Also a note for Jessica that my question about a clarification on Section 4.V still has not been answered, and neither has MB's question.

It isn't ok for netflix or any network to show minors(children under 18) taking part in sexual behavior and this congress can't stand for it. Such activity is already against the ratings regulations for such age groups as displayed in these cartoons and we have to enforce it against the creators as such is disgusting.

I hope someone more familiar with Netflix can give their thoughts here, because I'm pretty sure their ratings for the shows you mentioned would still not be grounds for punishment even under this bill as it stands.
Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2020, 01:43:45 AM »
« Edited: November 02, 2020, 01:47:25 AM by Rep Jessica »

Probably will need an amendment to make it match with section 3 that states 18 years old with a 16 or below.

Maybe Ia. can be changed to "Ia. Anyone 18 years or older having sex with anyone 16 year old or younger."

This would mash with section 3 for section 2.

I. Pedophilia is the act of an adult taking part in sexual activity with a minor under 16 years of age.
Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2020, 01:45:52 AM »

There's a word for this. "Bill of the taint," or something similar

Maybe we can amend the netflix punishments out and focus on Pedophilia and Human trafficking. But anyways the federal government under the FCC already regulates things so hopefully the executive can place members on that body to tighten things up.
Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2020, 01:58:29 AM »
« Edited: November 02, 2020, 02:26:26 AM by Rep Jessica »

My amendments

AN ACT

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the Republic of Atlasia in Congress assembled,
Section 1. Title
I. The long title of this Act shall be the "Pedophilia and Human Traffickers are Evil Act."

I. Pedophilia is the act of an adult taking part in sexual activity with a minor under 14 years of age.

II. Human trafficking is the act of modern day slavery against children and adults to be sold to another individual for fiscal interest or sexual favor.

I. Anyone over the age of 18 years of age that's discovered to have had sexual activity with anyone under the age of 16 14years of age:
   Ia. This felony charge covering I and Ia. shall carry 12 years in federal prison.
   Ib. If the minor is below the age of 1311 and the offender the individual over 18 years of age shall receive 50 years in federal prison.
II. All individuals committing modern day slavery as in the act of human trafficking shall face the death penalty.
   IIa. All individuals found guilty shall be executed by the Atlasia federal prison system within one year of the charge.  
III. All money within bank accounts and property belonging to such individuals shall be handed over to the victims of modern day slavery.

I. All content that promotes children under the age of 16 within a sexually expressive way shall be considered a crime within the borders of Atlasia.
  Ia. Any company promoting the sexuality of young girls or boys shall be fined $50,000 increasing 50,000 dollars with each charge.

IIV. Promotion of sexual activity or behavior in schools or class activities shall be grounds for the removal of federal funds.
   IIVa. This includes books and texts.
   IIVb. The Secretary of Education shall have the power to block grants for schools and colleges.
V.III A federal ban is to be imposed on all states and regions that pass laws promoting pedophilia or lessening punishments,as in seeking leniency towards prison sentences, or moving towards acceptance for this disgusting act.

Sponsor: Jessica
House Designation: HB 26-19

72 hours to debate.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2020, 02:14:54 AM »

Probably will need an amendment to make it match with section 3 that states 18 years old with a 16 or below.

Maybe Ia. can be changed to "Ia. Anyone 18 years or older having sex with anyone 16 year old or younger."

I. Pedophilia is the act of an adult taking part in sexual activity with a minor under 16 years of age.

I'd still argue with that point. An 18 year old with a 16 year old could be only a little over a year apart to two at the most. I wouldn't exactly call that pedophilia.
Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2020, 02:20:54 AM »

I'd still argue with that point. An 18 year old with a 16 year old could be only a little over a year apart to two at the most. I wouldn't exactly call that pedophilia.

How about 14 year olds?
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2020, 02:29:13 AM »

How about 14 year olds?
Yeah usually the cutoff for those type of laws is around 3-4 years.
Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2020, 04:54:09 PM »

Mr.Speaker.

Can we move forward on my amendments?

I yield.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2020, 12:20:09 AM »

I have been somewhat nervous about holding votes and procedural actions these couple of days since we're still transitioning into the new Congress (we still haven't opened the Speaker election, I'm still using the previous Congress' noticeboard, razze and Adam haven't sworn in yet, and so on). But I suppose we'll just have to let the chips fall where they may at this point.

Quote from: Amendment Offered
AN ACT

Section 1. Title

I. Pedophilia is the act of an adult taking part in sexual activity with a minor under 14 years of age.

I. Anyone over the age of 18 years of age that's discovered to have had sexual activity with anyone under the age of 16 14years of age:
   Ib. If the minor is below the age of 1311 and the offender the individual over 18 years of age shall receive 50 years in federal prison.

IIV. Promotion of sexual activity or behavior in schools or class activities shall be grounds for the removal of federal funds.
   IIVa. This includes books and texts.
   IIVb. The Secretary of Education shall have the power to block grants for schools and colleges.
V.III A federal ban is to be imposed on all states and regions that pass laws promoting pedophilia or lessening punishments,as in seeking leniency towards prison sentences, or moving towards acceptance for this disgusting act.

Representatives, the question is on adoption of the amendment above.

72 hours to vote. Please vote Aye, Nay, or Abstain.

(And if beeman, Spark, and gracile are reading this, please note that your votes – should you make them – will be overridden by those of your congressional successors.)
Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2020, 03:13:22 AM »

Aye
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22