Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:37:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh  (Read 104493 times)
the artist formerly known as catmusic
schnittdoodle
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.16, S: -7.91

P
« on: February 19, 2023, 12:39:46 AM »

Have my first ever Hinge date (or "app match" date of any kind) on Saturday. Wish me luck, and if she turns out to be a serial killer, it's been nice posting with you all!

Update: This went staggeringly well for a first-ever app-dating date. We went to a crepe place for lunch and then for a walk through Rock Creek Park. It was a little awkward starting out (what first date isn't?), but once we got a rhythm to our conversation, we really hit it off, and it's clear we have really, really similar interests. Like, she was telling me - the person who got my master's in Middle East, Caucasus, and Central Asian Security Studies and wrote my dissertation on antiquities smuggling - stuff that I didn't know about Soviet antiquities policy that she learned doing research in Uzbekistan. Suffice to say, it was a really good day, and we've already agreed to meet up again.

There is nothing better for us nerds than someone who can somehow out-nerd us. Sounds like an amazing time, so happy for you!! Smiley
schnittdoodle
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2023, 10:12:25 PM »

Well folks, catmusic is officially 24 now! I got to celebrate with my sweet, adorable boyfriend, who has the same birthday as me; bizarre I know. I kind of love it though. It was a very lovely day :)
schnittdoodle
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2023, 10:31:33 PM »

Well folks, catmusic is officially 24 now! I got to celebrate with my sweet, adorable boyfriend, who has the same birthday as me; bizarre I know. I kind of love it though. It was a very lovely day Smiley
Once I saw a guy on a bridge about to jump. I said "don't do it!" He said, "nobody loves me." I said "Gen Z loves you. Are you part of Gen Z?" He said "Yes." I said "me too! early Gen Z or late Gen Z?" He said "early Gen Z." I said "me too! Born before 9/11 or after 9/11?" He said, "before 9/11." I said "me too! 1997-1998 or 1999-2001?" He said, "1999-2001." I said, "me too! 1999, 2000, or 2001?" He said, "1999." I said, "me too! Did you turn 21 after lockdown started?" He said, "before lockdown started." I said, "me too!" January 2020 or February 2020?" He said, "February 2020." I said, "me too! What day?" He said, "February 24th." I said, "me too! What time?" He said, "8:32 AM." I said, "die, oldsh**t boomer!" And I pushed him over.
(I don't know if he's the same year as you, but he is for the sake of this joke)

HA! He's 2 years younger than me, but I love this so much lmao Angry he does always make fun of me for being old! Likes to introduce me as his "doctoral program in his 30s" bf to strangers just to annoy me, heh xD
schnittdoodle
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2023, 09:25:44 PM »

Well I am feeling sick and gross af with a nasty cold. I slept from 4 pm yesterday to 8 am today lmao. Somehow powered through my day on ibuprofen and pineapple juice, and getting to spend most of it with my sweet bf Smiley Speaking of, he got accepted into the accelerated Master's program at school!! I am incredibly happy and proud of him Purple heart Everyone keep your fingers crossed I feel better by the end of the week when I have 2 concerts and then get on a flight that same night to Quebec for work lmao
schnittdoodle
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2023, 10:24:32 PM »

Last rehearsal for Sunday's concert tonight was actually the best. I am so lucky to get to make music with some of my best friends and my boyfriend. Life is too insanely busy but it's good. Purple heart
catmusic
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2023, 12:14:15 PM »

well atlas, I officially have a master's degree now!! I graduated on Friday and I could not be more relieved or happier Smiley
catmusic
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2023, 05:12:07 PM »

well atlas, I officially have a master's degree now!! I graduated on Friday and I could not be more relieved or happier Smiley

So now you're overqualified for a basic job if sh&^ hits the fan? Hope the diploma looks pretty at least. Oh well.

Well, I'm now definitely qualified to work in my field, and I'm able to hold teaching positions with this degree. If I do end up with a "basic" job outside of my field, I don't regret the incredible opportunities, personal relationships, and experiences I got, especially given that the last year and a half of my undergrad was ruined by COVID. But given that I'm graduating from a school with a 6% acceptance rate with a 4.0 GPA, I think I deserve a little time to enjoy that accomplishment Smiley And btw, the diploma is very pretty, thank you.
catmusic
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2023, 09:59:50 PM »

Well, I had the most amazing 3 weeks at my music festival. Performed so many concerts, partied every night with friends new and old, saw the beautiful nature in Colorado. Broke up with my bf on the plane back, but it was kind of to be expected...I am hopeful for our future because we still love each other. I hope it can work more than anything. It's been very eventful, but I've missed the forum! Hope you're all well Purple heart
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies