Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:14:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh  (Read 104823 times)
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: May 03, 2022, 06:56:18 PM »

I got a really good job offer in California.

Now time for some thinking and decision needs to be made fast.

Not going to do it.

I dont expect next recession to be like the great recession but suspect that people hired at inflated salaries will be first to get axed.

I only moved to VA unexpectedly 2 and half years ago and it was draining. Plus the place I was going to move to in CA is almost the most isolated spot possible.  I also appreciate living in a mega metropolitan area.

Moving to California would be different than if I moved to Missouri or Utah.. states I grew up in.

CA is a great state. I obviously don't know the whole situation but if the primary reason you're unwilling to do it is because you don't want to move to CA, let me just say CA isn't nearly as bad as the Republicans make it out to be. Obviously, that would depend on which part of CA we're discussing, but I digress...
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2022, 01:59:49 AM »

I had to do one on 'an issue that needs to be talked about more' and I ended up with a 20-slide rant about the Koch Brothers. Cut it down to 5 and did fine.

As long as you're attacking the Koch Bros. you should be fine...Now if you're simping for them (which I doubt based on your wording but which is possible giving your economic conservatism), that's where you may run into some trouble.  Wink  This is the Bay Area, after all.  Smile
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2022, 01:07:35 AM »

All the users prediction of ab R blowout think again Biden is withib 3 pts and Biden is at 52 Approvals it's not an R nut map

Glad you seem back to normal  Smile
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2022, 09:21:33 PM »

School starts that late for you? Funny, I don't live that far south of you (given that you're from Contra Costa County), and it started 9 days before that for me. I also consider it unusual that your school begins on a Friday.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2022, 10:04:41 PM »

School starts that late for you? Funny, I don't live that far south of you (given that you're from Contra Costa County), and it started 9 days before that for me. I also consider it unusual that your school begins on a Friday.

It's private.

Ah. When does summer vacation start for you? Down here, for public schools at least, it’s either late May or early June (this year it was the first Friday/Saturday in June; it’s presumably always that or the last Friday/Saturday in May).
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2022, 09:31:36 PM »

Mi familia y yo vamos a México mañana.

We’re going for thanksgiving break - leaving tomorrow right after school and returning a week later. Excited because I’m learning Spanish in school (in Spanish 2 right now), and progressing well, so going to a Spanish speaking country will certainly be interesting and educational (Mexican is also one of my favorite cuisines).
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2022, 02:27:12 AM »

Mi familia y yo vamos a México mañana.

We’re going for thanksgiving break - leaving tomorrow right after school and returning a week later. Excited because I’m learning Spanish in school (in Spanish 2 right now), and progressing well, so going to a Spanish speaking country will certainly be interesting and educational (Mexican is also one of my favorite cuisines).

Arrived in Mexico nearly two hours back. We have a stopover - still some hours to go before it’s over - then a short flight to Mexico City, where we stay till the coming Friday.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2024, 08:42:54 PM »

I voted for DeSantis today in the Tennessee primary.  Trump shouldn't be our nominee, but Haley is too moderate for my liking.  I thought I might as well vote for someone I actually would like to be president.

I realize this isn't really the right thread to delve into this, but how exactly is Haley "moderate" in any way, shape, or form? She's a mainstream Republican whose claim to fame is that she'd enact Trump's policies without bringing Trump's craziness and egomania to the White House. This whole characterization of Haley as some reasonable, open-minded moderate really bothers me. If she was at all "moderate" Trump never would've appointed her to the UN.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies