Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:54:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh  (Read 103211 times)
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« on: November 01, 2020, 12:30:42 PM »

The shape of Peru is just so cool. It suggests youthfulness and joviality.

The shape is cool, but you're wasting it with an ugly-colored av. Dark green and maroon are the two ugliest avatar colors, while yellow, tan, and orange are the best-looking (no bias, just straight facts).

Yellow is pretty, tan is okay, but orange is kinda ugly. I don't know, it just rubs me the wrong way.

Then again, I'm a sucker for bright neon, sooo......

Neon green looks good on its own, but next to the red, maroon, and green avs it just looks hideous. Yellow is aesthetically pleasing in every color combination.

Yellow is my favourite colour but I don't like it really much on avatars. For the record I don't particularly like dark green avatars either in general, but for some reason I think it looks good on Peru.

I don’t think dark green is particularly ugly; it’s certainly better than light green. Orange is far and away the ugliest, and tan is the best aesthetically.
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2021, 06:40:12 AM »

I just realised that a certain long-time Republican Michigan congressman who voted to impeach Trump has the same first name and middle name as me.
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2021, 08:17:45 AM »
« Edited: January 14, 2021, 08:22:53 AM by Alcibiades »

I just realised that a certain long-time Republican Michigan congressman who voted to impeach Trump has the same first name and middle name as me.

Whaaat

Brutal self-doxxing

Can I refer to you as Frederick X of Denmark from now on?

If you want. I figured it’s fine as long as my surname is safe. This little coincidence was too good not to share.
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2021, 11:07:24 AM »

It snowed properly here for the first time in a while that I can remember. I’d forgotten how much I love the snow!

Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2021, 04:32:25 PM »

It snowed properly here for the first time in a while that I can remember. I’d forgotten how much I love the snow!

Wimbledon?  Looks nice.

We had about 30mm.  But I hate snow.

Yep, well spotted. It made a nice change to the scenery on my daily walks; as they’re basically the only thing you can do out and about in lockdown, I have now thoroughly familiarised myself with every corner of Wimbledon.
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2021, 06:17:43 PM »

So very sorry to hear this RI, I’ll keep you and your family in my thoughts tonight.
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2021, 05:53:45 PM »

I think I speak for everyone here when I say that I am hoping with all my heart that you are alright, Scott.
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2021, 01:11:37 PM »

My 83-year-old grandmother (and my only surviving grandparent) has received her second dose of the Covid vaccine.
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2021, 02:26:55 PM »

Worse ways to spend a Saturday

And according to Strava I did one of the black slopes at 80km/h. Which is fast enough to start thinking "hmm, this could go quite badly if I fall over here"

Beautiful! Where is that, if you don’t mind my asking?
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2021, 05:00:16 PM »

Owing to Battista and Cath stylishly modelling the avatars of ex-communist European nations, and some family heritage there, I have decided to sport a Latvia avatar. (Also, I think red and the shape of Latvia complement each other well.)
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2021, 06:03:26 PM »

I'm in London right now, and even though I've been here several times before, this is my first time being here alone. My parents and I have pretty different travel philosophies, so for the first time I've finally been able to just get lost and wander for hours on end in a city that's already one of my favorite in the world. I've averaged over 14 miles of walking per day for the last 4 days. I ended up stumbling upon Camden Town, which is an area I had never been to and knew nothing about. That's a really amazing place that really doesn't get its deserved accolades. I would seriously consider moving here if I had any job prospects and the visa process weren't sure to be a nightmare. To any Londoners on Atlas, your city has a lot to be proud of, even in 2021.

Glad you’re enjoying it! London is absolutely one of the best cities in the world to just walk and walk and walk. It never gets old.
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2021, 09:14:06 AM »

I am in il bel paese for the next five days, Umbria and Rome specifically.
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2023, 10:57:58 AM »

I lost faith, brother. :,(

It is a great city but unfortunately much of the center of the city has basically become the Epcot version of itself with all the tourists and tourist trap businesses.

...Yeah. The shops in Old Town in no way contribute to the charm. It's the walk up Petrin that really gives you a sense of awe.

Yeah, Petřín is lovely. I also think Malá Strana and the Jewish Quarter are a lot more tolerable than the heart of the Old Town.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies