Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:58:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh  (Read 105008 times)
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« on: February 28, 2021, 06:13:57 PM »

I got a really nice job offer in Berlin. I've got another job interview (second round) also in Berlin tomorrow with a different company, and sometime this week I'm having another second round interview with the VP of Finance of a tech firm here in Stocky. Still waiting to hear back from a Swedish furniture and design studio as well sometime this week.

This is gonna be a big week for me. Although Germany was originally Goal #1 for many, many years, I'm not sure if I want to take it and move somewhere else where I don't know anyone and start from scratch all over again. I feel that I've really settled down here in Stockholm, gotten a solid grip on the language, understand the work culture and laws, and generally just enjoy the city and country.

Also, I really want a little red summerhouse.
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2021, 08:10:14 AM »

I got a really nice job offer in Berlin. I've got another job interview (second round) also in Berlin tomorrow with a different company, and sometime this week I'm having another second round interview with the VP of Finance of a tech firm here in Stocky. Still waiting to hear back from a Swedish furniture and design studio as well sometime this week.

This is gonna be a big week for me. Although Germany was originally Goal #1 for many, many years, I'm not sure if I want to take it and move somewhere else where I don't know anyone and start from scratch all over again. I feel that I've really settled down here in Stockholm, gotten a solid grip on the language, understand the work culture and laws, and generally just enjoy the city and country.

Also, I really want a little red summerhouse.

I got a job offer at a fintech startup in Berlin. Good salary, good benefits, good recommendations both inside and outside the company, relocation assistance, and lots of opportunity to move up.

I think I'll take it.

I'm getting tired of getting through 3 or 4 rounds of interviews in Sweden and then being rejected. I've done 27 interviews since mid-January. Furthermore, living costs are far lower in Berlin and I have some money to pay back regarding school. Even if salaries are comparable in Stockholm and Berlin, being able to save at least 500 Euros a month is very important. Finally, my German is still far better than my Swedish, and working at a fintech as a financial accountant would probably command more respect than some of the other job offers in Sweden. Also techno is good, and beer is far cheaper in Germany.

I have five days to make up my mind on this.
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2021, 10:18:54 AM »

I got a job offer at a fintech startup in Berlin. Good salary, good benefits, good recommendations both inside and outside the company, relocation assistance, and lots of opportunity to move up.

I think I'll take it.

I'm getting tired of getting through 3 or 4 rounds of interviews in Sweden and then being rejected. I've done 27 interviews since mid-January. Furthermore, living costs are far lower in Berlin and I have some money to pay back regarding school. Even if salaries are comparable in Stockholm and Berlin, being able to save at least 500 Euros a month is very important. Finally, my German is still far better than my Swedish, and working at a fintech as a financial accountant would probably command more respect than some of the other job offers in Sweden. Also techno is good, and beer is far cheaper in Germany.

I have five days to make up my mind on this.

Hell yeah, brother. Cool

You gotta come visit me!
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2021, 03:42:19 AM »

I accepted the offer. Off to Germany we go!

Already signed up for insurance through TK, surprisingly easy process, and a bank account through N26.

Once I find out which neighborhood I'll be living in, I'll have to join my local SPD chapter. Coincidence that I move to Germany right before an election, after moving to Sweden in time for two elections?
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2021, 03:45:03 AM »

Someone I went to high school with but never really knew died a few days ago. I’d just recently been seeing more of her on Facebook (which was more than I ever interacted with her in real life, frankly), and now she’s gone. I’m not sure how I feel, or how to feel.

Someone with whom I had a similar relationship died in a drowning accident two years after graduation. It definitely is strange. You feel sad since you had a tentative relationship to that person, but never really knew them. Like when a distant relative's or a friend's family member passes away: you can feel and empathize with the sadness, and feel almost obligated to be sad yourself, but just can't fully feel it since the relationship was weak.
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2021, 08:31:06 AM »
« Edited: April 12, 2021, 09:15:00 AM by Clarko95 📚💰🖥🗄📈 »

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY do tech companies expect people in finance & accounting to use MacBooks!!!!!

None of the usual Excel keyboard shortcuts work. Everything is so unbearably counter-intuitive. I don't understand what any of the icons at the bottom of the screen mean!

MacBooks are fine for HR and tech and marketing but NOT for finance and accounting. Gah!
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2021, 11:58:15 AM »

Currently in the annual Solna SAP meeting to elect our ticket for the September 2022 municipal elections

the meeting began 28 minutes ago and we are still on the topic of changing your username on Zoom
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2021, 09:00:14 AM »

Arrived safe and sound in Berlin with no issues, my apartment is a cool altbau from the 1910s with ceilings twice as high as me, picked up my new computer from work, doing lots of admin and legal compliance work before Onboarding Week, got some nice secondhand furniture from Facebook resale groups that was in excellent condition for cheap, joined SPD Neukölln, had three döner kebabs and a currywurst in three days, and beer is only a Euro per bottle?

God bless this fantastic country.
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2021, 12:57:01 PM »

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY do tech companies expect people in finance & accounting to use MacBooks!!!!!

None of the usual Excel keyboard shortcuts work. Everything is so unbearably counter-intuitive. I don't understand what any of the icons at the bottom of the screen mean!

MacBooks are fine for HR and tech and marketing but NOT for finance and accounting. Gah!

Yep, I'm gonna b*tch about Apple more. I've been using a brand new MacBook Pro for the past two weeks, and I have had nothing but trouble. First, after getting it set up and downloading all necessary programs, setting up my preferences, etc. I wake up one day and my Mac has crashed and is in an unrecoverable reboot mode. I hand my laptop back into the IT department and get a new MacBook Pro. I go through the set up process for everything all over again. Now today, I get locked out of my Gmail account and have to type in some code into the Command Prompt that tech set me to reset some things, then my mouse indicator freezes, but only on the laptop itself and not the auxiliary screen.

I have never had so much trouble as I have had with Apple products, whether they be laptops or iPods or iPhones. Just constant issues relating to the Apple software or hardware. In all of my years using Windows or Samsung products, I rarely have had more than one major issue per year. The worst part is that with Apple products, the problems are usually with mundane but necessary things that are just so godd*mned irritating, and happen so often. With Windows or Samsung, it's usually just one fairly important thing that can be solved with some patience and work and then we're off again. And usually, I can solve the Windows/Samsung issues on my own; with Apple, I need some kind of advanced tech support.

Even this cheap little ASUS laptop I got for just $600 has served me very well over the past 2.5 years with minimal issues.

I am not sure if I am unusually unlucky or Apple products really are this sh*t (judging from how busy our IT Helpdesk channel is on Slack, I lean more towards the former), but I am just at a loss for words why people say Apple products are good or preferable.

Thank you for reading my anti-Apple screed. Have a pleasant evening.
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2021, 02:21:54 PM »
« Edited: August 02, 2021, 04:43:07 PM by Clarko95 📚💰📈 »

In August of 2007 I began learning German. I was just shy of 12 years old at the time.

Today, almost 14 years later, I received my residence permit for Germany 🍻🇩🇪
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2022, 08:56:00 AM »

On vacay in northwest Italy atm, and man, I'm actually livid that Germans are so stuck up about  how progressive they are and how backwards southern Europeans are, yet:

- trains are cheaper and more frequent in Italy than in Germany
- trains are cleaner, more modern, and break down less
- internet is faster, cheaper, and more reliable
- i can pay with credit card virtually everywhere and cash-only places are rare
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2022, 03:39:18 PM »

Had an Atlas moment today

Was slacking off while working from home, had a Wikipedia page about Helmut Kohl, Facebook, and WhatsApp open on Chrome in addition to work stuff.

Coworker calls me on Slack out of the blue, says we need to redo a tax calculation for July due to some correction bookings. I exit out of FB and WhatsApp but forget that the Kohl article is open between three tabs of work stuff.

I share my screen and work for about 10 minutes with him on the call before I realized that the Kohl article was clearly visible in the browser bar.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies