Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 06:17:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh  (Read 113746 times)
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2400 on: May 17, 2024, 05:31:47 PM »

Will you be sitting for the bar there?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #2401 on: May 17, 2024, 10:47:06 PM »

No, I will become a Federal Bankruptcy lawyer and try to become that there are 29 Circuits in TX and I am sure they will take an out of state Lawyer, it's very easy to become one. I will still take the bar in CA but I will just be a Bankruptcy lawyer

Users forget that's why they have Bankruptcy Lawyer you don't have to be in an ABA approved Law school to be a Bankruptcy lawyer you can go to any Law school and practice law in an Alternate state
Anti-Trump Truth Socialite JD Vance Enjoying Juror
NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #2402 on: May 20, 2024, 06:18:59 PM »

Day 1/3 down for quals and it's not looking good.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2403 on: May 20, 2024, 11:18:17 PM »

Some jerk fender bendered my car at work.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2404 on: May 22, 2024, 09:51:26 AM »
« Edited: May 22, 2024, 10:29:19 PM by President Punxsutawney Phil »

I just took a shower for about 20 minutes followed by a warm/hot bath for 20 minutes.
When I was in there I sung/hummed parts or all of the following songs/marches/whathaveyou:
Nippon Rikugun (Imperial Japanese Army)
Silouette
Gunkan Machi (Warship March)
Yuki no Shingun (Snow March)
追夢赤子心 (Chasing Dreams and Pure Heart)
March of the Beiyang Fleet
Boku ga boku de aru tame ni
kcguy
Romania

« Reply #2405 on: May 26, 2024, 09:19:59 AM »
« Edited: May 26, 2024, 09:44:28 AM by kcguy »

Currently waiting for the airline to deliver my luggage.

My first flight yesterday got delayed because the first officer was pulled from our flight to work on another, so we had to sit on the ground waiting for his replacement to arrive.

When my plane got to Charlotte, I had to run across the airport to make the connecting flight, which I reached as the PA was announcing that the doors were closing in 30 seconds.

My luggage did not make the connection.

The missed luggage thing happened to me the last time I changed planes in Charlotte, too, back in November.

Unfortunately, I didn't have my ticket to get my car out of long-term parking, because that was in my luggage, so I had to pay a "lost ticket" fee.  (Which was stupidity on my part, because I should have figured out at this point that American Airlines losing my luggage is a regular occurrence.)

Although, I am a little surprised.  In the days after 9/11, the airlines were super-careful that no luggage could board a plane without the passenger also being on board.  I'm guessing the anti-terrorism vigilance has lapsed in the last 20 years.

FOLLOW-UP:  Luggage just arrived.  Also, it took me a minute to realize that the driver pronounced my name correctly.  (My last name has an unusual orthography.  Only about 1 person in 10 gets it right.)
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2406 on: May 26, 2024, 09:21:26 AM »

I'm having an excellent time writing What The Earth Gave Me. It's been really fun, and things may be looking up for me.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2407 on: May 26, 2024, 10:45:44 AM »

Early voting starts Oct 2 Eday is pretty much over and all we need is 275 VA, CO, NM, NH, PA, WI, MI, CA, IL, NY, NJ and DC

I am already looking ahead as you see in my signature a Gavin Newsom/Alsobrooks admin 26/28
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2408 on: May 28, 2024, 09:59:01 AM »

I am once again listening to 2000s emo.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2409 on: June 06, 2024, 08:05:07 PM »

I feel like I've been very distracted from trolling her of late. For that, I am sorry.
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2410 on: June 07, 2024, 04:37:57 AM »

In Denver now. I've now visited almost enough states to win the EC if for some reason they voted for me just for that reason.

Finally hit 270 after visiting Seattle with my parents, with my flight connecting through DFW. Though if you don't count TX because it was airport-only, then I'm only at 268.

Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #2411 on: June 07, 2024, 04:58:38 PM »

Day 1 of my tour de force is over. How I missed being an amateur actor!
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #2412 on: June 08, 2024, 12:46:49 AM »

Took this from the observation deck of the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building. This city goes on and on forever

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2413 on: June 08, 2024, 06:35:40 AM »
« Edited: June 08, 2024, 06:49:09 AM by Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers »

Learned that Elvis Presley was part of Memphis Mafia another arm that could of contributed to Kennedy Death, he was very close to Richard M Nixon, finally solved the mystery of JFK assassination, killed by Ancestral Ds like Jack Ruby, Oswald and indirect tied to Elvis Presley.  I thought Frank Sinatra had a lot to do with it but Elvis Presley was part of the Memphis Mafia and Marilyn Monroe

NV was party of the Memphis Mafia that's why it votes R sometimes instead of D Wayne Newton, Elvis Presley were friendly towards Nixon
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #2414 on: June 08, 2024, 04:03:30 PM »
« Edited: June 08, 2024, 04:21:16 PM by Clarko95 📚💰📈 »

Today I learned that I have met the residency requirements to apply for German citizenship.

I need to take the citizenship test (scheduled for July 30th in godd*mn Prenzlau of all places, because there's no appointments in Berlin), submit a German language exam proving I have a C1 level (I already do speak it at that level, but of course I will formally prepare for the exam), and then also prove that I have taken "special integration measures", which is very poorly defined, but probably includes volunteering (which I have done for the past 3 years, maybe I can get my Bundestag representative to write a letter for me).

Then, I have to submit all the documents on Berlin's new immigration center's website, and then wait. So I hope to submit that sometime in August and then it should be 8-15 months, and I hope that it can get approved in time for the 2025 elections. Apparently you can sue them after some time to force a decision, but you need to get a good lawyer for this.

Previously, I was under the impression that the "3-5 years residency" requirement was talking about permanent residency, when I have been on a temporary work visa since 2021. In Sweden, you had to be a permanent resident for 5 years, and to get permanent residency, you needed to have a temp work visa for 3 years (so, 8 years total). But only today have I learned that the new citizenship law in Germany does not actually care about temp vs. permanent residency; they only exclude student/researcher visas but otherwise view all work-based residency as valid!

But this is basically the culmination of my journey that started when I was 12 years old when I signed up for German 1 in middle school. Crazy to think about this.
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #2415 on: June 08, 2024, 04:47:07 PM »

Day 2 of my tour de force completed. Fortunately being a poll worker is more boring than tiring, but with how little sleep I got last night at times it was genuinely quite hard. I also voted!
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #2416 on: June 08, 2024, 08:12:06 PM »

if i was going to run for the county dog catcher whats the better slogan for my campaign signs

"audit the moon"

or

"UFOs are stealing our soda"
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #2417 on: June 08, 2024, 08:16:21 PM »

if i was going to run for the county dog catcher whats the better slogan for my campaign signs

"audit the moon"

or

"UFOs are stealing our soda"
Demons did, in fact, invent rabies. Devil
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #2418 on: June 09, 2024, 02:10:40 AM »

Literally met a JUNIOR CHIMP today lol

Felt bad tho. Clearly should of been back in the jungle
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #2419 on: June 09, 2024, 09:58:40 AM »

I watched this fantastic film last night called "Amistad" it really showed how ppl who did SLAVE TRADING were DEVIL WORSHIPERS who deserved to be CLEANSED BY FIRE.

also, the redcoats were some of the most BASED characters in the movie, I was shocked! Clearly something changed between 1814 and 1841, that's when England became one of the GOOD GUYS.

I always wondered exactly when that happened!
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #2420 on: June 09, 2024, 07:47:46 PM »

Day 3 of my tour de force done. The election went quite smoothly all in all. Now I so need to recover all the sleep that I lost in order to be a poll worker.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2421 on: June 09, 2024, 10:34:37 PM »

I said stop looking at SNL, Comedy Central and Fox news for polls they are fixed on Fox to drive a certain narrative. We all know this and users still looking at their polls

Biden is gonna win and that's all it is too it, we just have to find out the results on Eday Biden Already said he is gonna win the 303 map 51/49 S and the H
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #2422 on: June 10, 2024, 11:43:58 AM »

Guys... I have a girlfriend.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #2423 on: June 10, 2024, 07:36:57 PM »

Today I learned that I have met the residency requirements to apply for German citizenship.

I need to take the citizenship test (scheduled for July 30th in godd*mn Prenzlau of all places, because there's no appointments in Berlin), submit a German language exam proving I have a C1 level (I already do speak it at that level, but of course I will formally prepare for the exam), and then also prove that I have taken "special integration measures", which is very poorly defined, but probably includes volunteering (which I have done for the past 3 years, maybe I can get my Bundestag representative to write a letter for me).

Then, I have to submit all the documents on Berlin's new immigration center's website, and then wait. So I hope to submit that sometime in August and then it should be 8-15 months, and I hope that it can get approved in time for the 2025 elections. Apparently you can sue them after some time to force a decision, but you need to get a good lawyer for this.

Previously, I was under the impression that the "3-5 years residency" requirement was talking about permanent residency, when I have been on a temporary work visa since 2021. In Sweden, you had to be a permanent resident for 5 years, and to get permanent residency, you needed to have a temp work visa for 3 years (so, 8 years total). But only today have I learned that the new citizenship law in Germany does not actually care about temp vs. permanent residency; they only exclude student/researcher visas but otherwise view all work-based residency as valid!

But this is basically the culmination of my journey that started when I was 12 years old when I signed up for German 1 in middle school. Crazy to think about this.

Good on you for escaping this hellhole!
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 0.72, S: 8.60

« Reply #2424 on: June 11, 2024, 10:18:29 AM »

Delete your Atlas account then, you're done here congrats.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies