Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:53:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 95
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh  (Read 104626 times)
Boobs
HCP
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2200 on: October 25, 2023, 10:55:48 AM »

The three turn three soon.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2201 on: October 25, 2023, 09:58:17 PM »

DAMN it.. Stop Making Fun of My Balding!!!!!
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 0.72, S: 8.60

« Reply #2202 on: October 27, 2023, 04:28:19 PM »

SCOTCH WHISKY.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #2203 on: October 28, 2023, 12:06:22 AM »

I just renewed my passport because my old one expired a few months ago.  Until I got my new one in the mail, I had no idea that they'd switched to black and white photos.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2204 on: October 28, 2023, 02:39:04 AM »

Redban is posting Gallup numbers Biden and Biden hasn't been at 39 in Rassy since Omnicron varient😀😀😀
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #2205 on: October 28, 2023, 07:36:34 PM »

Amen brother.

When you get video called by a Turkish broad and have to palm off the Northampton broad you’ve been nursing to a bloody Saffer (although it is Northampton so let’s be real here,
Blessings come in many guises).
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2206 on: October 28, 2023, 10:10:25 PM »

Ready for tomorrow to fly on my first European trip. I always thought I would do Germany as my first European country due to language, culture, and now literally having family there. But that will be next year. I am going to Spain and Portugal.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #2207 on: October 29, 2023, 08:10:47 AM »

A cat of mine had to be euthanized because they had kidney failure.

I am so sad right now.
Jingizu
Rookie
Antarctica

« Reply #2208 on: October 29, 2023, 06:11:29 PM »

A cat of mine had to be euthanized because they had kidney failure.

I am so sad right now.

I’m sorry, I’ve been through exactly that before. Remember the good times with them.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2209 on: October 29, 2023, 09:51:11 PM »

Per Capita is like 30 K that 40 K tax cuts must be given back from Trump tax cuts; consequently, Trump thinks that all he has to win is FL and TX. He isn't going to beat Biden in WI, MI and PA those states have changed since 2016. Trump keeps saying he is gonna beat Biden, which is silly.

It's a 303 map and WI isn't R leaning because Crts ordered a D redraw
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #2210 on: October 29, 2023, 10:00:26 PM »

My friends and I went to Oxford this weekend to see Vandy play Ole Miss.  It was a fun trip even though Vandy lost badly.

But, since this is Atlas, I'll say that I noticed a ton of people walking around The Grove with Tate Reeves stickers on their shirts.  I didn't see anyone with Brandon Presley ones.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #2211 on: November 02, 2023, 01:08:51 PM »

This morning I went to visit my great-grandparents' graves for All Souls' Day and while going there I realized I was passing by the patch of land where I (coincidentally) buried my other budgerigar almost exactly one year ago. RIP.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #2212 on: November 05, 2023, 03:30:22 PM »

Yesterday I watched a production of Romeo and Juliet put together by the late Gigi Proietti (RIP legend). I enjoyed it a lot, I had not been to a theatre in too much time. I had not been to this particular theatre ever. It is weird, Romeo and Juliet may well be the most overrated work of art of all time and one of the best nonetheless.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #2213 on: November 07, 2023, 04:10:12 PM »

8 more hours and I finish my 7 day water fast.

I feel like complete and utter dogshìt
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2214 on: November 09, 2023, 03:21:50 PM »

...I've probably got to cool my jets. I'm back on paid medical hold for wrist surgery which, even if the scheduling is unideal, I should be receiving at the latest on November 10th. I don't want to enter a new job unable to type, or attend (even online) interviews unable to properly shave or comb my hair; nor do I want to enter an even shakier healthcare situation (such as with NGO positions) with unresolved medical issues. At the very least this means that I tackle the wrist issues while back. Assuming I take a private sector or government job that compels me to leave AmeriCorps early, the knee can probably wait until then. Otherwise, I should have that done during winter break.

So I totally didn't listen to my own advice and instead have an interview next week for a position that's equivalent to a federal government GS-12.  Tongue Freaking out since everything aside from the location is fine, but it'd put me... back in Texas.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2215 on: November 09, 2023, 05:56:32 PM »

...I've probably got to cool my jets. I'm back on paid medical hold for wrist surgery which, even if the scheduling is unideal, I should be receiving at the latest on November 10th. I don't want to enter a new job unable to type, or attend (even online) interviews unable to properly shave or comb my hair; nor do I want to enter an even shakier healthcare situation (such as with NGO positions) with unresolved medical issues. At the very least this means that I tackle the wrist issues while back. Assuming I take a private sector or government job that compels me to leave AmeriCorps early, the knee can probably wait until then. Otherwise, I should have that done during winter break.

So I totally didn't listen to my own advice and instead have an interview next week for a position that's equivalent to a federal government GS-12.  Tongue Freaking out since everything aside from the location is fine, but it'd put me... back in Texas.

Das cold man.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2216 on: November 09, 2023, 07:11:36 PM »

Das cold man.

I spent the summer in your state and it's not an experience I want to repeat... and being of the age where one should settle down, I'd really prefer if my next job were in a location I could consider home. Tongue
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2217 on: November 10, 2023, 03:50:46 PM »

Survived wrist surgery. Hopefully this doesn't get in the way of interviews on Wednesday.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #2218 on: November 13, 2023, 01:18:49 AM »

Green heart Green heart Green heart
ملكة كرينجيتوك
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2219 on: November 14, 2023, 06:09:51 PM »

I don’t know what people are surprised about here; the claims that she is saying this sort of thing because she has been pushed to for the sake of “popularity” or “intersectionalism” are coming from a complete misunderstanding.

From the first day Thunberg became famous, her core view has stayed the same - that by refusing to adopt a maximalist or near-maximalist stance on climate change, every government and powerful entity in the world is in the act of committing a slow genocide against the young and/or future population of the Earth. However you feel about this view, it is absolutely one where statements like this - which in most context indeed don’t come across as anything meaningful - actually do make sense!

Very often in the past five years, media have tried to reconstrue her as some sort of Microsoft Clippy who is just around to tell us “hey guys! Remember about climate change, ok??” - but this has always been a fabrication and one I find insulting not just to her but to audiences as well. She’s always believed this stuff and has been quite clear on that point.

I don't particularly care either way about the merits of "intersectionalism" or the "land back" movement or how well Thunberg fits that paradigm. Her association with strident pro-Palestine figures doesn't affect my opinion of her or her advocacy that much.

Actual update- my reaction to this year's booster shot was more severe than the last two. For whatever reason my vaccine-induced fever really ed with my appetite and sense of coordination and I spent most of yesterday lying around in bed and trying to make up for lost sleep from the night before. Am mostly better today, I'm usually okay 48-60 hours after the shot.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2220 on: November 16, 2023, 07:29:26 PM »

Interview for a very well-paying gig yesterday. Interview was... not so great. Interview today for a fun but very poor-paying gig that is a great experience builder but only delays my return to the real world. Went great. Sigh.

Spoke via phone with my Russian tutor for the first time in a while. I think I availed myself well, and it was freeing to try to carry 95+% of a conversation in a foreign language--though I was no doubt helped by the fact that she's a foreign language educator by trade. She's very against money to Ukraine, FTR (she's American).

Nice! When?
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #2221 on: November 16, 2023, 08:35:25 PM »

Interview for a very well-paying gig yesterday. Interview was... not so great. Interview today for a fun but very poor-paying gig that is a great experience builder but only delays my return to the real world. Went great. Sigh.

Spoke via phone with my Russian tutor for the first time in a while. I think I availed myself well, and it was freeing to try to carry 95+% of a conversation in a foreign language--though I was no doubt helped by the fac12tht that she's a foreign language educator by trade. She's very against money to Ukraine, FTR (she's American).

What type of gig?

December 14th. I'm going with a good friend of me and my mom whom I haven't seen in a year. (She's Gen X, so she is obligated to like Beetlejuice.) Hoping we can do what we did last time and go to the Irish pub afterwards.

and no, we will not be doing anything that's related to Lauren Boebert.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2222 on: November 16, 2023, 08:58:18 PM »

Spoke via phone with my Russian tutor for the first time in a while. I think I availed myself well, and it was freeing to try to carry 95+% of a conversation in a foreign language--though I was no doubt helped by the fac12tht that she's a foreign language educator by trade. She's very against money to Ukraine, FTR (she's American).

What type of gig?

Operations Manager for an NGO working on Hurricane Ian recovery. Said organization has projects on other continents (including where I volunteered in Poland), so it's a stepping stone to doing objectively cool stuff, but at the price of continued poverty. Given my health situation (screwy knee) and the existence of student loan debt, the correct course of action would be to get a Real Job with good insurance. Tongue For the record, almost all my other apps are for such positions.

Beetlejuice sounds fun!
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #2223 on: November 16, 2023, 09:29:44 PM »

Formally registered as a SANFL Umpire today. On the path towards the AFL.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #2224 on: November 16, 2023, 10:56:21 PM »

The Congressperson I work for actually stopped by the office today (which is the first time that's happened outside of town halls since I started back in September)
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 95  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies