Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:28:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 ... 95
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh  (Read 104620 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2175 on: October 15, 2023, 08:10:26 PM »

A hornet the size of my fist is loose in my house, and I can't seem to kill it despite swatting the broom at it over a thousand times. I'm winded, sweaty, and pissed off now. Fortunately I found some hornet spray in the garage that the old owner left, so now I'm just playing the waiting game....
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2176 on: October 18, 2023, 06:39:45 AM »

Back in MI.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2177 on: October 18, 2023, 09:52:15 AM »

My wife and I will be heading to Seattle via car, visiting a former colleague of her. I don't expect to spend much time online, let alone post something as we have a busy schedule in the city. Perhaps we'll visit Vancover as well and conclude with a 3 day stay near Lake Tahoe for some hiking. We expect to return on Halloween, October 31. Take care.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #2178 on: October 18, 2023, 01:39:41 PM »

Good Wednesday evening!
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2179 on: October 18, 2023, 01:58:51 PM »
« Edited: October 19, 2023, 01:54:26 PM by Mr. Smith »

I'm off to Arkansas for a few days.

EDIT: Thanks to some troubles with prep, I've had to push back to tomorrow.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #2180 on: October 18, 2023, 05:48:16 PM »

Interesting weekend ahead. Thanks to a combination of COVID and other stuff, my mom's burial was delayed for three years until this upcoming Saturday. So for the first time in nine years, I'll be back in Connecticut. Plans are to deliver the eulogy, as I did for my dad, and visit my hometown again, which will include paying my respects at the Sandy Hook Memorial. I'll return to Virginia on Sunday.

The fact that I'll be seeing my extended family for the first time since that period, and getting to check out my hometown/street to see how much has changed over the decade, actually has me looking forward, even though it will mostly be a weekend of boring Amtrak trips. Tongue

Changing my avatar to D-CT because, well, that's the avatar I used for the first three years I was on this forum. Smiley
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #2181 on: October 18, 2023, 08:15:55 PM »

Just 2 more months and I'm done with Florida forever. Already tending my 2 week notice and planning my exit.  After 20+ years of calling Florida home, I'm finally free from its clutches. So glad it's finally over.
Boobs
HCP
« Reply #2182 on: October 18, 2023, 08:28:47 PM »

The eyes had burned. They burnt with the brunt of seven generations — misery, joy, divinity, and squalor — but no song could escape the tears of the eyes in the body.

This isn’t a ‘tweet’, nor does it represent a series of tweets that can be found here, here, and here, as well as on the internet. I’ve seen all those tweets. I read the words thousands of times. I’ve never seen an eye, but the eye is just as beautiful.

These are the eyes of Lars Hussein, my uncle. He has spent a large part of his life serving, serving, serving. As for the reason for these pictures? He is in a very dark, difficult time.

I don’t know the name of the town — the city — Lars is living in, and even if I had a pen and paper, how would I get it done, and why should I bother? Not today.

Today, I’m writing to thank the Lord for his goodness, strength, and comfort.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2183 on: October 19, 2023, 12:52:33 AM »

Interesting weekend ahead. Thanks to a combination of COVID and other stuff, my mom's burial was delayed for three years until this upcoming Saturday. So for the first time in nine years, I'll be back in Connecticut. Plans are to deliver the eulogy, as I did for my dad, and visit my hometown again, which will include paying my respects at the Sandy Hook Memorial. I'll return to Virginia on Sunday.

The fact that I'll be seeing my extended family for the first time since that period, and getting to check out my hometown/street to see how much has changed over the decade, actually has me looking forward, even though it will mostly be a weekend of boring Amtrak trips. Tongue

Changing my avatar to D-CT because, well, that's the avatar I used for the first three years I was on this forum. Smiley

yo, you should see if you can meet up with reaganclinton
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: -6.96

P P P

« Reply #2184 on: October 19, 2023, 12:54:10 AM »

Welcome back to the club eheheh
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #2185 on: October 19, 2023, 08:33:54 AM »

yo, you should see if you can meet up with reaganclinton

Maybe if I had more time. Tongue I wanted to meet with a friend in NYC (very close to my hometown) but had to tell him it wouldn't be possible.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2186 on: October 20, 2023, 09:35:45 AM »

Getting back to Michigan was like a punch in the gut. My brother, who is based in Montana, happened to be in town and so did airport pickup. Talking to a guy who's two years younger than me and about to make $120,000 a year while I'm opting to stay in an absurd work situation where my monetary compensation is about a tenth of that has had me scratching at the walls to get out. Also, dealing with the AmeriCorps health non-insurance (it's a "health benefit plan") has added an additional layer of disillusionment. Meanwhile, both private sector companies and NGOs that I follow appear to be hiring for positions I'd want...

That said, I've probably got to cool my jets. I'm back on paid medical hold for wrist surgery which, even if the scheduling is unideal, I should be receiving at the latest on November 10th. I don't want to enter a new job unable to type, or attend (even online) interviews unable to properly shave or comb my hair; nor do I want to enter an even shakier healthcare situation (such as with NGO positions) with unresolved medical issues. At the very least this means that I tackle the wrist issues while back. Assuming I take a private sector or government job that compels me to leave AmeriCorps early, the knee can probably wait until then. Otherwise, I should have that done during winter break.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #2187 on: October 20, 2023, 01:17:04 PM »

I’ll soon be able to add two states to the list of states that I’ve been to. I’m visiting Connecticut and Rhode Island in November.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #2188 on: October 20, 2023, 07:25:23 PM »

Once again I return home from my efforts to get with a BBC employee empty handed:

Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #2189 on: October 21, 2023, 07:04:08 PM »

I love it when “Anglosphere’/Russian conservatives realise the beauty of Irish songs about drinking: of course, when you think about it, the real goal of conservatism is to sleep with as many women as possible for the most alcohol per ounce for the lowest cost.

Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #2190 on: October 21, 2023, 07:13:32 PM »

PS… POLLARD HAMMERED THE SAES INNIT
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2191 on: October 22, 2023, 05:59:32 PM »
« Edited: October 22, 2023, 06:15:24 PM by Mr. Smith »

Back home, but stuck with a speeding ticket from a one-horse town, thankfully closeby if needed.

But otoh, only Mississippi and Florida stand in the way of me visiting the whole South.
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #2192 on: October 23, 2023, 07:13:46 PM »

Finally got a job Smiley
Aurelius2
United States

« Reply #2193 on: October 23, 2023, 08:45:11 PM »

Back home, but stuck with a speeding ticket from a one-horse town, thankfully closeby if needed.

But otoh, only Mississippi and Florida stand in the way of me visiting the whole South.
Got one of those last month, in a one-horse county with one lawyer. Was well worth paying that lawyer $300 to make it go away and keep my insurance rates low.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2194 on: October 23, 2023, 09:46:26 PM »

Got one of those last month, in a one-horse county with one lawyer. Was well worth paying that lawyer $300 to make it go away and keep my insurance rates low.

But that's more than the ticket itself, plus so much possible back and forth, and since my license v. car registration don't agree, that might be a can of worms too.

Aurelius2
United States

« Reply #2195 on: October 23, 2023, 09:48:32 PM »

But that's more than the ticket itself, plus so much possible back and forth, and since my license v. car registration don't agree, that might be a can of worms too.

Yeah, it's not about the ticket cost, it's about the insurance rates. I already have one ticket on my record, and a second ticket raises rates way more than a first ticket. If you have a clean record, can make more sense to just pay it up though.

And then there's the guy I used to work with who had TWELVE speeding tickets and a reckless driving and endlessly bitched about how unfair it was that his insurance cost $400 a month.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2196 on: October 23, 2023, 10:00:04 PM »

Yeah, it's not about the ticket cost, it's about the insurance rates. I already have one ticket on my record, and a second ticket raises rates way more than a first ticket. If you have a clean record, can make more sense to just pay it up though.

And then there's the guy I used to work with who had TWELVE speeding tickets and a reckless driving and endlessly bitched about how unfair it was that his insurance cost $400 a month.

My record was clean, always managed to talk my way out before...but those were all in cities.

I'm more annoyed about being locked out of driving jobs if the current gig goes belly up.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2197 on: October 23, 2023, 11:11:19 PM »

I don't get all this talk about VA and tickets. Never had any problems there with that.

My current area has very strict and aggressive pulling over,  but 90% of the times their objective are warnings and safety. Not ticketing.  I was wanred last winter about going to fast got conditions. I have a small car, and it was snowing hard.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2198 on: October 24, 2023, 08:22:30 PM »

I don't get all this talk about VA and tickets. Never had any problems there with that.

My current area has very strict and aggressive pulling over,  but 90% of the times their objective are warnings and safety. Not ticketing.  I was wanred last winter about going to fast got conditions. I have a small car, and it was snowing hard.

Oh yeah, I can remember some friends being pulled over all the time. Some of those officers were real obnoxious.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #2199 on: October 24, 2023, 08:28:33 PM »

Just 2 more months and I'm done with Florida forever. Already tending my 2 week notice and planning my exit.  After 20+ years of calling Florida home, I'm finally free from its clutches. So glad it's finally over.

Managed to shave a month off this timeline. Leaving Florida on Dec 4th
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 ... 95  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies