Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:32:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 ... 95
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh  (Read 103288 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1675 on: December 09, 2022, 03:37:09 AM »

Last weekend in Armenia. Flying to Moldova on Subday to begin my 12-day journey home.
inb4 you get a O-Moldova avatar for a few days.

I'm pretty much only doing a country a day with one exception--France--so whatever avatars I adopt soon will be very short-lived or very quickly out-of-date. Tongue

If I return in February for Poland, I'll try to give either the Baltics or the other Visegrad states a bit more time.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1676 on: December 09, 2022, 04:30:54 AM »

Moldova sucks - Chisinau is the most aggressively ugly capital in Europe. Give Romania a go next time, unless the goal of your travels is to practice Russian.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1677 on: December 11, 2022, 02:34:54 AM »

I just realized I will be coming into Zagreb on the 18th. If they make it to the World Cup, this could be interesting.

Moldova sucks - Chisinau is the most aggressively ugly capital in Europe. Give Romania a go next time, unless the goal of your travels is to practice Russian.

Romania is right after Moldova, don't worry.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1678 on: December 11, 2022, 02:54:17 AM »
« Edited: December 11, 2022, 03:09:28 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Why are Trump and DeSantis losing and why did WARNOCK win gas prices are 40 a barrel when Rs peaked it was 100.00 a barrel, oil is gas, oil in liquid and gold in solid stages and we know if oil drops, gold drops too

It's 4.2 percent unemployment Rassy that does Fox polls has Biden already at 50/49 if an incumbent is at 50 Eday is over

What is Trump and DeSantis gonna do anyways they are gonna keep the same policies in place as Biden but put in more White male judges there is no way to get out of this Prez tried the problem isn't blue collar jobs it's not enough white collar jobs people with Masters, PH D are working Uber and Store Manager jobs at Walmart

The only difference is Ds are gonna pass reparations
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1679 on: December 11, 2022, 03:17:25 AM »
« Edited: December 11, 2022, 03:24:17 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Per Capita, for Native Americans and assimilation with Latinos Cherokee Native Americans get the most, Reparations, Food Stamps and Medicare and Medicaid thru AARP are all run thru DHS which is the welfare office we poor people donate 40 percent of our taxes the rich donate 60 percent of their taxes and if they aren't giving taxes to Feds they are paying high property taxes which Pritzker pays 290 K as a Billionaire or donate to charities so even if you work a blue collar job it's still Welfare because the roads are being built by Property taxes by landlords as we pay rent to thru taxes

If you work as a Care taker for employment it's run thru the Welfare office and we get SSA which is a subsidized Program

Welfare doesn't mean giving pregnancy women money it means subsidized programs thru state or Feds like SSA, Obamacare or Per Capita or Reparations,, Reparations will spur blks Housing
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #1680 on: December 11, 2022, 12:44:29 PM »

Yes, it is. Got a great offer with a really interesting company.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1681 on: December 11, 2022, 03:27:43 PM »
« Edited: December 11, 2022, 03:33:18 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Ah DeSantis is losing to Biden by 4 in the Emerson poll because he purely won by 20 because he ran with Rubio, he only won by 0.5 in 2018 while he ran with Scott, without Rubio DeSantis is an average politician that can lose I posted all the Prez matchups 👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾 he is losing by 4 to Biden it's close but it's gonna be a blue wave

That's why Scott can lose to Sancrainte, because DeSantis is losing by 4 in Emerson poll

Old School and 2016 aren't gonna believe it until he loses  DeSantis but they are trying to get ISL established and AZ, WI and GA have R Legislature and can overturn an Election which is illegal which they are trying to do anyways if DeSantis is so strong ACB whom is Center Right decided 2020 and she is the swing vote and she will decide Student Loan Discharge because she has a Haitian child , she support minority causes except for Gerrymandering that's why she refused to block Biden Student Loan Discharge she isn't as liberal as Souter but she is Center Right , and DC STATEHOOD and Voting Rights are likely to be confirmed by her if it comes up in 25 when Ds get a Secular Trifecta
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1682 on: December 11, 2022, 03:35:11 PM »

Well, here we are. Third post-Soviet capital, another one off the bucket list.

Based on my scouting tonight and my previous research, Chisnau is a backwater without much going on, but that's fine for now.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1683 on: December 12, 2022, 01:28:00 PM »

Leaving the Russian-speaking world soon, and with it any pretense of knowing a local language while traveling. Here's hoping the American Empire does its job and everyone from here on out knows English.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1684 on: December 12, 2022, 01:32:22 PM »
« Edited: December 12, 2022, 01:40:45 PM by Santander »

The standard of English in Bucharest is very high - you won't have any problem. Skip the Christmas Market - I went a couple weeks ago and it was crap.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1685 on: December 12, 2022, 01:52:02 PM »

The standard of English in Bucharest is very high - you won't have any problem. Skip the Christmas Market - I went a couple weeks ago and it was crap.

Thanks! You got any recs?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1686 on: December 12, 2022, 02:24:47 PM »

There's not that much for tourists in the city outside the Old Town and a couple other places like the Athenaeum, sadly. Definitely skip the National History Museum, which is basically just a mediocre exhibition of Romanian insecurity about their Roman heritage and wanting to be French.

Bran Castle is a classic day trip from Bucharest, though. Rent a sh**tty Dacia to get the full experience.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1687 on: December 13, 2022, 10:48:13 AM »
« Edited: December 13, 2022, 11:31:03 AM by Southern Delegate and Atlasian AG Punxsutawney Phil »

I just got a dream where there was a kitten, but most of it was spent trying to crack Charlottesville (and Albemarle County) into multiple Republican State Senate districts. Specifically one district I had drawn ran all the way to Clarke County.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1688 on: December 13, 2022, 01:50:29 PM »

A cat of mine had to be euthanized because they had a really bad case of cancer.

I am so sad right now.

sorry to hear that Sad
did you have the cat a long time?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1689 on: December 15, 2022, 01:49:39 AM »

Sofia was my favorite stop thus far. I will soon be passing into the former Yugoslavia on my way West.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1690 on: December 15, 2022, 05:56:05 AM »
« Edited: December 15, 2022, 06:14:12 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Do Rs know that we can't return to a life of normalcy Pre Pandemic and not give Student Loan Discharge, Ban Assault Rifles and not give Reparations, that world is GONE FOREVER, just like life on campus as opposed to on line school is gone forever, Pandemic is over but its a Post Pandemic world they said rents are gonna stay elevated and not return to normalcy for the rest of decade

College Dorm life is just as expensive as rents that's why it's online learning 50 K v 10 K

LA, Hawaii, SF 3 K for a 1 bedroom, urban poverty, no one is asking for Entitlement as a handout but back in the day we had projects, they should be banned but since Pandemic rents rise 23 percent and migrants are on Section 8 vouchers due to fact they have the most kids as dependent than other races

Trump was the one that got Sports on to take our minds back to Pre Pandemic world and that only goes so far when you can't gamble top money on sports or lottery you can't climb out of Poverty this the status Quo remains, that those athletes are very well paid and their monies can wipe out the world poverty rate in every country, but whom is helping US and other countries pay for star Athletes Chinese, Nike Town is in Hong Kong and Taipei the same Chinese that brought COVID

Lincoln would be rolling in his Grave if he knew how much athletes are getting paid and no 40 acres and mule for Blks impoverished, Chinese wasn't much of a factor back then

They get married and have kids the blk men and homeless are blk men unmarried but some have kids but HIV is spreaded thru gay sex and drug needles as well as COVID, Hepatitis and TB

We blks love sports but there is some degree of why blks prefer Basketball and Football compared to whites liking Baseball and Hockey it's call racial polarization not watching other races get paid that money
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1691 on: December 16, 2022, 08:10:59 AM »

Tirana is absurdly beautiful. A must for a revisit. I hate to accord this status to a non-Slavic capital. Hopefully Sarajevo or Zagreb can unseat it.

Skopje was interesting from a culture wars perspective: the official narrative of faux Greek heritage, as indicated by the absurdly large Alexander and--presumably--Philip statues and others; the appearance of a million Albanian flags and other totems in heavily Islamic Old Town; Slavic Macedonia's *actual* heritage--thr Cyril & Methodius statue that go dwarfed by neo-Hellenistic megalomania; and the defacing by paint and sandblaster of the alluded-to Macedonian "Greek" monuments... That said it was not terribly aesthetically compelling, though I enjoyed Fort Kale and didn't hate the regular parts of the town.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #1692 on: December 16, 2022, 09:34:48 AM »

Tirana is absurdly beautiful. A must for a revisit. I hate to accord this status to a non-Slavic capital. Hopefully Sarajevo or Zagreb can unseat it.

Love it or hate it, Albania is certainly unique. I was talking to a friend of mine last night from New York who says she never wants to visit Albania because old Albanian women in the Bronx keep thinking she's a witch and either try to get her to put a curse on someone or tell their sons not to associate with her. I kind of want to do a compare/contrast trip to Albania and Chechnya to try to learn their whole family/clan culture.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1693 on: December 16, 2022, 02:14:10 PM »

Love it or hate it, Albania is certainly unique. I was talking to a friend of mine last night from New York who says she never wants to visit Albania because old Albanian women in the Bronx keep thinking she's a witch and either try to get her to put a curse on someone or tell their sons not to associate with her. I kind of want to do a compare/contrast trip to Albania and Chechnya to try to learn their whole family/clan culture.

The stereotype of the diaspora population in SE MI is sort of boilerplate for post-communist and/or South European immigrant groups... gym bros, flag obsessees, hookah smokers, probably involved in low-sophistication organized crime, their dads own liquor stores or diners, the female stereotype would probably be a Kardashian wannabe (ironic?), etc. There are maybe some added layers like hair or beard styling owing to Middle-East-adjacency as well.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1694 on: December 17, 2022, 03:44:23 AM »
« Edited: December 17, 2022, 04:11:04 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Rs think that if they nix the Filibuster then it hurts them politically no it doesn't it hurts the rich ending EC college and popular vote which is pending in TX, MI and PA and ending the Filibuster raises the cap on SSA, it's at 150K and it needs to raised to 400K hasn't been raised since 1986 and rich people taxes go up not ours we pay 15% in taxes if you work a blue collar 30K a yr job you pay 35% in taxes if you work salaried jobs and PRITZKER pays 290K in property taxes so rich pays high taxes anyways, Rs lie and say keep taxes low it's high on property taxes

Keeping taxes low is a slogan that Rs use so the middle class white females can vote R which they did again for Johnson and Vance whom have 37% Approvals and Rs think Brown, Manchin and Tester are gonna lose with 46/30 Approvals and Matt Boswell or Matthew Sancrainte have good Approvals too in FL, that's why WARNOCK didn't lose the Runoff because he had Stella approvals

Our paychecks look low because it's not just taxes taken out it's called PPO deductible insurance, just like when you get SSA it looks low but why is it low because of Medicare insurance you qualify for

I think it's gonna be a 50/45 Eday but a 366/172 map MI, pA and WI plus FL gives Biden the WH 276 without VA, CO, NV, AZ, and GA
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #1695 on: December 17, 2022, 06:31:19 AM »

The stereotype of the diaspora population in SE MI is sort of boilerplate for post-communist and/or South European immigrant groups... gym bros, flag obsessees, hookah smokers, probably involved in low-sophistication organized crime, their dads own liquor stores or diners, the female stereotype would probably be a Kardashian wannabe (ironic?), etc. There are maybe some added layers like hair or beard styling owing to Middle-East-adjacency as well.

This is interesting. I of course live in a country with one of the largest Albanian diaspora populations, they are kind of everywhere and I have met quite a few Albanians in my life, but at least half of those stereotypes are foreign to me. In particular the idea that they would be adjacent to Arabs or Middle Easterners (hookah?) is fairly strange. Instead, I'd say the main stereotype here is that Albanians are construction workers - and anecdotally this is not just a stereotype.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #1696 on: December 17, 2022, 12:57:18 PM »
« Edited: December 17, 2022, 01:04:35 PM by HillGoose »

year end, once again my brain is fried and time no longer exists
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1697 on: December 17, 2022, 02:00:29 PM »

First snow of this winter, view from our home:

Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1698 on: December 17, 2022, 03:27:02 PM »

At Snowbasin for the opening of Strawberry.

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1699 on: December 18, 2022, 06:07:52 AM »
« Edited: December 18, 2022, 06:12:25 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Do users know it's cheaper gas  3.00 or they assume it's 7.00 and Rs are gonna roast Ds again in 24 there is a reason why WARNOCK win it's called 3 gasoline, I find it amusing that users and Rs still think Rs are gonna win 249 seats in the H and win the S and even if they win OH, WVA and MT they still need AZ and WI or VA to win 270 that's not enough for DeSantis to win the WH, Tim Kaine is on the ballot in 24 not Youngkin and Gallagher m, Ducey and Lake declined for AZ S

We won 2012 by the exact margin 50/45 as we did in 2020 the exact PVI can produce two different maps MI, PA, WI plus FL gives us 276  and MI, PA,WI, VA, CO, NV and NH gives Ds 279 either way the EC map goes thru FL the first battleground state up and VA anyways
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 ... 95  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies