Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:45:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 ... 95
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh  (Read 103015 times)
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1125 on: February 23, 2022, 02:43:55 PM »

I plan to attend a pro-Ukraine demonstration tomorrow afternoon, which is scheduled to take place in front of the Russian consulate in Stuttgart (capital of my state). Initiators are the youth wings of the SPD, FDP, Greens and CDU as well as the Young European federalists (pro-EU youth organization).
I wish you a great time!
Demonstrations in favor of one's political beliefs are a lifeblood of democracy.
FT-02 Senator A.F.E. 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1126 on: February 24, 2022, 12:55:56 PM »
« Edited: February 24, 2022, 01:00:11 PM by Слава Україні! 🇺🇦 »

The DJ for the Bulls (DJ Once Chance) is at my school rn and I don't know how to feel about it. Oh I forgot to mention I'd really appreciate not having to deal with morons beating each other up while I'm trying to eat lunch.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1127 on: February 24, 2022, 02:36:22 PM »

I plan to attend a pro-Ukraine demonstration tomorrow afternoon, which is scheduled to take place in front of the Russian consulate in Stuttgart (capital of my state). Initiators are the youth wings of the SPD, FDP, Greens and CDU as well as the Young European federalists (pro-EU youth organization).
I wish you a great time!
Demonstrations in favor of one's political beliefs are a lifeblood of democracy.

I'm not good at estimating crowd sizes, but at least several hundred, if not thousands of people showed up.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1128 on: February 24, 2022, 06:47:37 PM »

I'm supposed to go see a talk on Russian history at U of M in mid-March and am wondering if the BRTD types will decide to protest it.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1129 on: February 24, 2022, 06:48:24 PM »

I'm supposed to go see a talk on Russian history at U of M in mid-March and am wondering if the BRTD types will decide to protest it.
Given it's the U of M, they'll probably be glorifying communism, so probably not.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1130 on: February 24, 2022, 06:53:12 PM »

Given it's the U of M, they'll probably be glorifying communism, so probably not.

Daily, I relive the trauma of BRTD's support for assassinating Russian diplomats and trashing Russian art exhibits, and I am triggered.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1131 on: February 24, 2022, 07:03:56 PM »

Daily, I relive the trauma of BRTD's support for assassinating Russian diplomats and trashing Russian art exhibits, and I am triggered.

Remember when he had a picture of the assassin doing an ISIS salute standing over a dead body in his sig lol. ingemann put him in his place, thankfully.
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 0.72, S: 8.60

« Reply #1132 on: February 25, 2022, 03:10:15 PM »

Because my colleagues see me as the local geopolitical expert I have to spend the day fielding insightful questions like,
"America is ten times more powerful than Russia so why don't they just pop Putin off?"
"Do you think Putin will invade France next?"
"Ukraine's a tiny country so it doesn't really matter does it?"
"Which branch do you think you will be drafted into? I think I would be special forces."
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1133 on: February 25, 2022, 03:11:31 PM »

Because my colleagues see me as the local geopolitical expert I have to spend the day fielding insightful questions like,
"America is ten times more powerful than Russia so why don't they just pop Putin off?"
"Do you think Putin will invade France next?"
"Ukraine's a tiny country so it doesn't really matter does it?"
"Which branch do you think you will be drafted into? I think I would be special forces."
Haha.
Relatable! I told people IRL that Russia would be likely go into Ukraine as well, and also have had to answer questions.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1134 on: February 25, 2022, 04:50:16 PM »

Just had a girl I met on tinder yesterday send me a video of her lowering the camera to her privates unprompted(it was sexual in a discomforting way). I said that doing that is bad and then blocked her. Not fun.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #1135 on: February 25, 2022, 07:13:11 PM »

F*** me I thought I saw Zelensky in the club.

Fiddling whilst Rome burns what what
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #1136 on: February 25, 2022, 08:20:54 PM »

Just had a girl I met on tinder yesterday send me a video of her lowering the camera to her privates unprompted(it was sexual in a discomforting way). I said that doing that is bad and then blocked her. Not fun.

Just sausage her man - it’s an open door.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1137 on: February 25, 2022, 08:43:20 PM »

Mr. Lahey is this you talking or the liquor?
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #1138 on: February 25, 2022, 08:59:21 PM »

Mr. Lahey is this you talking or the liquor?

both?
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1139 on: February 25, 2022, 11:25:31 PM »

I like fellow women who respect my sexual boundaries.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1140 on: February 25, 2022, 11:46:52 PM »

I like fellow women who respect my sexual boundaries.
Like, I'm not a man at all, let alone the gross, sex-obsessed stereotype our society seems to expect men to be.
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 0.72, S: 8.60

« Reply #1141 on: February 26, 2022, 10:31:20 AM »
« Edited: February 26, 2022, 01:24:36 PM by Conservatopia »

I'm in Bristol today (somebody kill me) so that means I can overhear what's moving and shaking amongst  the lowest IQ people.

Some coffee sipping #hustle bros were saying that Ukraine will win because they have the "grit and determination and tenacity of purpose."

Two middle aged women who looked like they'd walked through a hedge blamed the Jews.

A hippy was telling xer friend that none of this would have happened if everyone was vegan while someone else said that the government should arrest everyone in Chelsea.

I just wanted a burger and for the queue to get a move on.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1142 on: February 26, 2022, 12:29:59 PM »

I'm in Bristol today (somebody kill me) so that means I can overhear what's moving and shaking amongst  the lowest IQ people.

Some coffee sipping #hustle bros were saying that Ukraine will win because they have the "grit and determination and tenacity of purpose."

Two middle aged women who looked like they'd walked a hedge blamed the Jews.

A hippy was telling xer friend that none of this would have happened if everyone was vegan while someone else said that the government should arrest everyone in Chelsea.

I just wanted a burger and for the queue to get a move on.

Yer in the land 'o Aardman Animation, so it can' be all bad.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #1143 on: February 26, 2022, 08:17:55 PM »

i need to go rollerskating again i miss it so much
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1144 on: February 26, 2022, 10:53:11 PM »

Far, far, far from the frontlines, the last few days have nevertheless been an emotionally and intellectually trying time. More so given that the one person I know with inlaws in Ukraine is not the best of texters and right now incommunicado.

It feels quite surreal as an American who is working to speak Russian, learn about Russian culture, and read Russian history, to watch events in Ukraine unfold. This is in part because of the "bro-ish" tendency of some Americans to sarcastically glorify Putin just because he is seen as the villain. That type of comedy has rung hollow for me for a while and now feels absurdly inappropriate. But this primarily stems from the fact that I am left without answers. Foreign policy realism demands a certain amount of hand-waving of atrocities and a desire to sanitize the actions of dictators. But, despite the seeming vindication of Russia hawks in recent days, I'm not quite sure what politically viable strategy might have prevented this. In a different world, perhaps there is acquiescence to Ukraine's Finlandization, and, while many are unhappy and Ukrainian sovereignty decays, there is no war. I am somewhat jealous of those with unflinching convictions and intellectual self confidence. I am also in many ways glad that my current position puts me a safe distance from the foreign policy space.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1145 on: February 27, 2022, 12:50:35 PM »

Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #1146 on: February 28, 2022, 06:00:59 AM »

Well, tomorrow I will be moving within the city of Madrid (mostly due to going to a much cheaper place; I chose the original since I would be going all alone but no longer suits me). The new place is very well located and the house is modern, only issue being having 5 flatmates (on the bright side I guess I'll get along with at least one if only due to sheer chance)

However what Atlas will care most about is how my new precinct votes. And in news that will delight many red avatars I am moving to a more progressive place. Sadly it is still an "All Conservative, All the time" precinct (old vs new precinct compared)

General election 2019: 80->73% Right
Regional election 2021: 83->77% Right

On the bright side Vox no longer is the 2nd largest party on either election (PSOE comfortably comes in 2nd place in the general election, MM narrowly beats PSOE and Vox in the regional one)

Fun fact: My new precinct is literally a 5 minute walk away from the PSOE HQ. I swear I did not do it on purpose
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #1147 on: February 28, 2022, 07:23:48 AM »

On a contrary note, the place I'm moving to in a couple days will be the most Republican place I've ever lived, although still majority Dem:

Hometown: 77% Biden/19% Trump
College: 91/7, 93/5, 95/4, 93/5
Current (Lake Tahoe): 75/23
Future (Central Coast): 59/39
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1148 on: February 28, 2022, 07:31:53 AM »

My mom just got on a plane to go to Vegas and won't return until Friday. This is the first time one of my close family members has entered Trumpistan since Cheeto was elected and since the pandemic. Praying she arrives home safely.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1149 on: February 28, 2022, 05:41:45 PM »

Just met the new lady at work in passing and a crush formed literally on first sight and I had to deal with being an awkward mess until she left and still feel very oof. I heard she had kids and is therefore a bit older so I highly, highly doubt she'd be interested even if she was attracted to trans women.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 ... 95  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies