Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:03:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 ... 95
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh  (Read 103106 times)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1075 on: January 29, 2022, 02:40:57 PM »

MD: I can't believe the kind of people we're hiring these days. 2 years ago they never would've gotten a sniff. If you want any of them fired, let me know.

We're not in a position to fire people, but I did get one pawned off into another practice. He's someone else's problem now. It's completely unbelievable.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1076 on: January 31, 2022, 10:08:48 PM »

Met former user SunriseAroundTheWorld today. Grabbed dinner and some beers in Midtown Detroit.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1077 on: February 03, 2022, 01:02:32 AM »

All four of my takeout meals this work week have been the incorrect order. A little frustrating because it's a fine line between getting what I'm paying for and not getting anyone in trouble, but these are severe mistakes to computer submitted orders...

Burnout is definitely real in retail. I excused the most severe one as a clearly hectic kitchen during lunch rush, but then 3 pm lunch nearly ruined even worse today when I'm the only one in the store.

Hopefully just a blip and not a look into the future competing forces we have to choose between.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1078 on: February 03, 2022, 06:34:51 AM »

All four of my takeout meals this work week have been the incorrect order. A little frustrating because it's a fine line between getting what I'm paying for and not getting anyone in trouble, but these are severe mistakes to computer submitted orders...

Burnout is definitely real in retail. I excused the most severe one as a clearly hectic kitchen during lunch rush, but then 3 pm lunch nearly ruined even worse today when I'm the only one in the store.

Hopefully just a blip and not a look into the future competing forces we have to choose between.

Lunch is no time to spend money.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1079 on: February 03, 2022, 10:58:30 AM »

Users that are Ds are predicting landslides for the RS as db099112 once said it messes with the compiled map, it's February not October and 45 isn't far from 50 percent and the Job numbers doesn't look good but the SCOTUS vacancy should help D's in Govs and Senate with3 percent unemployment and with 2 yr abscence on Student loans you have to restart your Forbearance or IBR for temp haults in payments

I put it in he who laughs had the last laugh because I can understand R doing R nut maps but not Ds, it messes with the compiled map
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1080 on: February 05, 2022, 06:27:00 PM »

SMH, back to having significant mental health incidents halting mass. But since I am no longer attending at the Cathedral, there is no huge bouncer to put a stop to it. The tiniest usher in the world had to try and stop a giant.

Afterwards we had to be given a lesson in de-escalation tactics and reminding all of us that we can be the one to call the emergency services rather than an explicit chain of command.

Wanted to attend a neighborhood church until you are really in a scary position like that.

Greatest country in the world, etc., etc.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #1081 on: February 07, 2022, 08:28:35 PM »

rewatched all the hunger games movies this weekend, wild seeing what north america is gonna be like in a century
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #1082 on: February 08, 2022, 03:31:02 AM »

I got a small njury the other day when I was drunk. I have no idea where or how I got it and idk why but I am worried it might be serious when it is just a tiny injury in my hand.

My guess is I just fell and got it that way, but like I said that is pure guesswork. And not knowing how I got it makes me a bit worried that it might be bad when 99.9% chance I'll be fine
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #1083 on: February 08, 2022, 02:29:04 PM »
« Edited: February 08, 2022, 03:08:42 PM by EastOfEden »

Yesterday, I walked across a flat parking lot at a slow speed yet was incredibly out-of-breath afterwards, and my heart rate refused to slow down. At first I thought it was just some kind of anxiety thing, but I tried a lot of things that usually reduce my anxiety and none worked.

So I went to a hospital, because it was 1AM and was the only place open and I am not messing around with potential cardiac problems. (For context, I have a family history of heart problems, and I am overweight, though not extremely so).

After running tests and doing x-rays, they decided that I was not in any serious danger and that my heart and lungs appear to be functioning fine, just fast. Their best guess is anxiety, some kind of weird viral infection, or both.

I assume it must be both, because otherwise the sedatives they gave me would have taken the heart rate back down to normal instead of just a little bit down.

Viral infections do do this to me sometimes, though not to this extreme. I remember when I had COVID in January 2021 my heart rate was fast the whole time I was sick, but it never felt weird like this.

As added strength to that, I'm often feeling very cold today or yesterday, which is usually a sign of a change in body temperature, and I did feel a little bit ill on Sunday, and I have absolutely no appetite currently, which seems to fit? I really hope it's just this. Scary either way.

I'm feeling mostly okay now, my heart rate is still fast but I'm keeping it as low as I can by just generally taking it easy today. Hopefully this will pass soon, whatever it is. I'm calmer now knowing that I at least appear to not be in danger.
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 0.72, S: 8.60

« Reply #1084 on: February 11, 2022, 03:36:21 PM »

Don't run whilst trying to drink your cup of tea.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1085 on: February 11, 2022, 10:11:25 PM »

Someday I just want to spend a month in a cabin rereading The Fault in Our Stars, Divergent, Twilight, The Hunger Games, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Paper Towns, Life of Pi, and The Maze Runner while listening to the entire discographies of Mitski, Lorde, and Lana Del Rey on repeat.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1086 on: February 12, 2022, 08:54:20 AM »

I finished an overnight shift about 30 minutes ago. It went pretty decently, though not perfectly.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1087 on: February 12, 2022, 12:06:55 PM »

Someday I just want to spend a month in a cabin rereading The Fault in Our Stars, Divergent, Twilight, The Hunger Games, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Paper Towns, Life of Pi, and The Maze Runner while listening to the entire discographies of Mitski, Lorde, and Lana Del Rey on repeat.

You are an ikon.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1088 on: February 13, 2022, 08:28:02 AM »

I've decided against continuing to be an overnight worker for a variety of reasons.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1089 on: February 13, 2022, 05:32:33 PM »

I've decided against continuing to be an overnight worker for a variety of reasons.

hell yeah, find something better bro fr.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1090 on: February 13, 2022, 09:15:34 PM »

How could anyone be proud to be American? lol. F**king colonial savages.
I can't wait until the day when I will be exclusively be based on European/Asian soil.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1091 on: February 15, 2022, 12:08:42 PM »

I was praised for my wokism today.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1092 on: February 15, 2022, 12:13:43 PM »

How much of your scotch did that person drink?
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #1093 on: February 15, 2022, 02:58:13 PM »

Update from my earlier post here. Still having weird unexplained health stuff. My heart rate is normal if I lay down and stay still, but shoots way up if I stand up, and goes up even while laying down if I move at all. It seemed to be improving, improving a lot on Friday and Saturday, but around 4AM Sunday morning (I had been up all night - my sleep schedule has always been chaotic, nothing to do with the current illness) my heart rate suddenly went up over 100 and stayed there for several hours despite my efforts to bring it down. It did go back down, but it seems like there's been quite a progress setback, and yesterday (Monday) was pretty rough. Today (Tuesday) still represents an improvement compared to Thursday (2/10) and days prior - the weird chest sensation I had from 2/7 to 2/10 is almost completely gone, and I vaguely and subjectively "feel more normal" now than I did then - but the movement-sensitivity is much higher than it was on Saturday, though it seems a little lower today than yesterday.

I'm not sure what's going on, and my two hospital visits (on the 7th and 10th) didn't reveal much either - blood tests and chest x-rays all came back looking normal and healthy, as did both EKGs (they showed an arrythmia, but not a dangerous one - that is to say, my heartbeat is irregular, but it's irregular in a regular way. It is consistently and predictably irregular, rather than chaotically irregular. Apparently it's actually pretty common and a lot of people live their entire lives without ever knowing they have such an arrythmia, a nurse told me that she has one and that it has never caused her any problems).

I'm still working on the assumption that this is some kind of weird virus (likely with symptoms exacerbated by anxiety), although since this is now day 9 of symptoms (symptoms began on February 7) it's quite the lengthy virus. The thing keeping me relatively confident in this is that my temperature is slightly elevated. The highest it's gotten is 99.1, which isn't high for most, but considering my "normal" is around 97.4 (my body/metabolism/etc tends to be "cold" or "slow" or "low-level" generally), it's a noticeable difference.

I'm not sure how I would have caught such a virus. The only real candidate is an ice-skating event I went to on Friday, the only recent time I was maskless in public (it was outdoors). But even then, it's weird. And I have some doubt it came from another person considering I have absolutely no respiratory symptoms whatsoever (if anything, I'm coughing less than I do when I'm healthy). So maybe it came from food or something?

At the very least, during both hospital stays they assured me that I did not appear to be in any immediate danger and sent me home, and symptoms have, in broad terms, improved since leaving the hospital in the early morning of the 12th. So at least it appears I'm not likely to suddenly drop dead from a cardiac arrest (knock on wood).

I have a general medical appointment a week from today and an appointment with a cardiologist in mid-March (it was the earliest I could get). So hopefully work on solving this will soon be ongoing.

One plus from all of this is that I've lost seven pounds so far because, with the exception of late on Saturday and yesterday evening, I've had almost no appetite throughout this, probably a result of a combination of the illness and the accompanying anxiety. So at least there's that (and don't worry, those pounds definitely needed to go - I'm pretty overweight still, though I'll definitely be taking the weight loss efforts up a notch after this - there's a family history of heart trouble, so one could say I've been "scared straight" by recent events).

Sorry for the random dump of everything in my brain. Just trying to keep the anxiety in check the best way I know how.

I'd like to thank all of you for being here. The secular blog is a really cool place, and it couldn't be that way without everyone, even the ones who are annoying sometimes. This is a really unique little corner of the internet and I'm just really glad to be here. I just wanted to say that. I'm feeling appreciative lately. Smiley
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1094 on: February 16, 2022, 01:16:21 AM »
« Edited: February 16, 2022, 12:42:12 PM by WB #NoToJo »

can't believe I didn't discuss this whole saga from the past week here.

So for backstory, around this time last year I met a guy in my General Meteorology class. He happened to also be from South Carolina, and has Ewing's Sarcoma (likely linked to contaminated drinking water when he lived in Indiana). He offered to drive me back home since my hometown isn't very far out of the way for him on his trip back. This was very helpful, as my dad (who had neuropathy only a few months before) was unable to drive, and my mom has epilepsy. I accepted, and he and I became good friends.

Over last summer some last minute tuition-raising f**kery forced him to drop out of the college, but he still brought me back to Mobile for the fall, and brought me back home for winter break and back here for spring. He still loved Mobile, so when I asked if he thought moving together off campus was a good idea, he said yes.

His living arrangements were... complicated to say the least. He eventually decided, with my parents permission, to move into my room in the middle of January, after he came back from dropping me off in Mobile. Problem is, he's uh, let's just say personally incompatible with my mom. He talks a s**t ton even when it's clear that she'd rather have some quiet, he made a damn mess of the kitchen several times, etc. Eventually they had an argument about some thing she said offhandedly a few days before, and he moved out and cut off the apartment deal. Like, 4 days before we were gonna sign the lease.

Considering how quickly he changed his mind on this (especially after something that had nothing to do with me), how he was interacting with my mom (who I have a similar personality to), and just how he was acting while living there, I'm kinda glad.

But, of course, this upended my whole planned living situation, and I had to scramble to find someplace new (I'm not a big fan of living on-campus, mostly because I can't cook a damn thing and have to pay for a meal plan I barely use). After many missed classes, insomnia-ridden nights and a double-dose on my anti-anxiety meds after one particularly rough day (yes, I know I'm not supposed to, but it's better than spiraling in an anxiety loop), I finally signed the lease on a new, 1-person apartment just off campus last Thursday. The security officer and community manager both have lived in the complex for many years, which was a very good sign. Walking distance to my classes is actually shorter than it is living on campus, and my unit is far enough away from the main drag that noise would be at a minimum. Moving in early May, pretty excited!
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #1095 on: February 17, 2022, 02:15:03 PM »

I'm glad that you are doing well after a rough January and has your friend acted this way before?
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1096 on: February 18, 2022, 02:44:44 PM »

I'm glad that you are doing well after a rough January and has your friend acted this way before?
He’s quick to change his mind and is kinda angry at the world ( can’t blame him considering his predicament but still)
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #1097 on: February 18, 2022, 06:19:06 PM »

Managed to meme myself into going skiing despite the fact that I haven’t been for 12 years and can’t ski. Pro-tip to the youngsters - if someone asks if you go skiing, don’t say “yeah I love skiing, haven’t been since before the pandemic tho :’( “, when in fact what you should really be saying is “I can’t ski further than a foot without eating yellow snow”.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1098 on: February 18, 2022, 09:23:26 PM »

ORD -> IAH

omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1099 on: February 18, 2022, 09:26:32 PM »

Earlier today I asked my boss what I could do to become a better worker. He gave me advice to improve and also said I was doing pretty good. Yay!
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 ... 95  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies