Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 05, 2024, 01:59:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 97
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh  (Read 112159 times)
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #925 on: December 01, 2021, 06:51:46 PM »

i think i may spend a few months like stop visiting social media, stop responding to anybody who contacts me except my wife or work related to cut out my "friends" and basically (except for work) just stop doing anything in general, just lay on the floor and watch the ceiling for a while. maybe i will gain some insight.
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #926 on: December 01, 2021, 11:07:34 PM »

Trying to answer questions from your Singaporean colleagues who are looking to you for direction while you're drunk because you don't give AF is always fun.
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #927 on: December 02, 2021, 12:20:02 PM »

Trying to answer questions from your Singaporean colleagues who are looking to you for direction while you're drunk because you don't give AF is always fun.
Fallout from this was quite severe.
certified hummus supporter 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #928 on: December 03, 2021, 01:21:47 AM »

You know Atlas has messed your brain up when you go off about Ross Perot's campaign in 1992 to your crush in the midst of a debate on whether or not Yang starting a third-party is a good or a bad thing.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #929 on: December 03, 2021, 02:03:22 AM »

You know Atlas has messed your brain up when you go off about Ross Perot's campaign in 1992 to your crush in the midst of a debate on whether or not Yang starting a third-party is a good or a bad thing.

My girlfriend made the mistake of asking me a question about politics last week. An hour later I was giving her a breakdown of the year-by-year county election results in northeastern Iowa.
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #930 on: December 03, 2021, 06:04:08 PM »

Fallout from this was quite severe.

Now I got disinvited from a black tie event I was looking forward to attending.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #931 on: December 04, 2021, 05:25:26 PM »

Found out that 400,000 AAL miles are just sitting there.

Then also found that (conveniently) that my mom had 'got this excellent deal' from a friend on a rental in Hawaii that was such a good deal because it was the most expensive time of the year and American is charging legit 150k miles for a standard SFO-LAX-OGG routing.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #932 on: December 05, 2021, 04:32:14 AM »
« Edited: December 05, 2021, 04:36:41 AM by Mr. MANDELA BARNES »

It's not that funny but Biden polls stink right now

All the Establishment D's rode on his coattails and said he is the most electable D in 2020/ if we lose, and he gets investigation into Hunter, Harris forget all the retirement of her Chief of Staff Harris is gonna be the Nominee in 24 we cant afford a feeble Biden that lost Congress going in 24.

As for the D retirements they are sick of battling Covid that's the only answer to why they are running to the edits
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #933 on: December 09, 2021, 02:46:35 PM »

Traffic school upcoming. Sad Sheridan Rd though! At least I was caught speeding on a glamorous street!

AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

« Reply #934 on: December 09, 2021, 09:59:58 PM »

Traffic school upcoming. Sad Sheridan Rd though! At least I was caught speeding on a glamorous street!

Peak Evanston moment there lol
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

« Reply #935 on: December 09, 2021, 10:04:24 PM »

Senior night for our swim meet was fun. Ate too much Mac N' Cheese afterwards though.
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« Reply #936 on: December 09, 2021, 11:04:42 PM »

I had a certain quantity of ink stabbed into me today. It felt like being both cut open and burned at once. I needed a break and a drink of water partway through, but I managed to survive the process through controlled breathing and relaxing my extremities. I understand now why this process has long served as a rite of initiation in many cultures.

Another one may be on the table at some point in the future, but given my better sense of the stakes now I know that I'd need to feel as strongly about it as I did about this one, if not more so. More piercings, that other great ritual (mercifully shorter and with a much more friendly flavor of pain), are much more likely, as I got my ears and septum done over the summer and have been quite pleased with both.
Thunder98
United States

P P P
« Reply #937 on: December 10, 2021, 06:02:02 PM »

Today I started my first day working at Target as seasonal guest advocate. After not working for 6 months I finally got my lazy ass out and got a job. Target pays pretty well starting $16.50 per hour and $18.50 for weekends for the rest of the month. I hope Target likes me enough so it becomes a permanent position. This is my 2nd job of my life so far.
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 0.72, S: 8.60

« Reply #938 on: December 11, 2021, 07:09:24 AM »

Today I started my first day working at Target as seasonal guest advocate. After not working for 6 months I finally got my lazy ass out and got a job. Target pays pretty well starting $16.50 per hour and $18.50 for weekends for the rest of the month. I hope Target likes me enough so it becomes a permanent position. This is my 2nd job of my life so far.

Work sets you free.
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #939 on: December 11, 2021, 08:03:23 PM »

Sometimes I fly with the Patriot. Funny how they note I have 0 class on the boarding pass. 🤣

afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #940 on: December 12, 2021, 03:39:58 PM »

I got to spend a day last week wandering around the Louvre. Nothing better.
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #941 on: December 12, 2021, 03:46:24 PM »

FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #942 on: December 12, 2021, 09:31:01 PM »

Practically the only thing I have done outside of work the past 1-2 weeks is work on college and job apps. I have 2-3 more days to wrap a lotta stuff up. Help!
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #943 on: December 13, 2021, 04:04:45 AM »

After losing control of the snacking and causing my weight, blood sugar, and cholesterol to go up slightly, I've put myself on a much stricter diet--half the carbs (granted, I was taking in almost 2x the recommendation before), keeping a closer eye on saturated fat and cutting back sugars, and my diet is generally consistent enough that I made a notecard of things I'd normally eat at least once a week so I can quickly add up my carbs, fats, and sugars.

I've managed to go from 161lbs (73kg) to 153.5 lbs (69.6kg) in about six weeks time.

Some dieting tips that have helped, some verified with the doctor (the amounts) and some other things I've tried that are helping based on Mayo Clinic or Diabetic/Heart Associations:

Research types of carbs, some can raise your blood sugar (and thus cause weight gain), for example sweet potatoes (cooked and then chilled) are better than white potatoes, or potatoes that are freshly cooked and eaten hot. For pastas, choose whole wheat and whole grain. Corn is safe to eat as long as you don't eat too much of it in a day.

Be sure not to eat too few carbs (minimum is about 150g ideally) because that'll cause drop in blood sugar and accompanying anxiety even in healthy people. Similarly, the ideal amount per meal is between 45-60g. Too little can leave you tired, too much can cause blood sugar spikes. Avoid high fructose corn syrup as much as possible, and limit the amount of added sugars where possible.

Artificial sweeteners--xylitol, erythritol, and sorbitol are good substitutes and won't affect blood sugar much if at all (though be cautious with volume--enough of it can act as a laxative). There are plenty of sugar free hard candies out there (that are also high in fiber)

Keep an eye on fiber especially with sugars--having whole fruits vs juices can drastically slow blood sugar increase as the fiber puts a lid on that. Similarly I add large amounts of raw cocoa powder to my milk both for flavor and to offset the sugar.

Protein can help you feel more full, but if you're still hungry after, chew some sugar free gum--that'll help suppress the desire to eat. If that doesn't help, it probably means you need water.

And while not necessarily a weight issue, keep a close eye on saturated fats--those raise your cholesterol. 10g is a good limit to stay under. There are plenty of lean meats so you shouldn't feel like it's a choice between health and meats.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #944 on: December 13, 2021, 04:58:30 PM »

Booster is kicking my ass. Went to bed with really bad chills and a fever.
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #945 on: December 13, 2021, 10:06:40 PM »

Back in the greatest city in America. 🦅

HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #946 on: December 15, 2021, 08:01:59 PM »

ghosting everyone in my life for absolutely no reason = self care
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #947 on: December 15, 2021, 08:06:59 PM »

brb imma send u a goose meme
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #948 on: December 15, 2021, 11:10:10 PM »

This past few days (and weeks) have been some of the most psychologically trying in years. My failure during three years of graduate school to cultivate a writing sample I was truly proud of resulted in me, over the past few weeks, going about the business of rewriting my undergraduate honors thesis practically from scratch. I can only comment that the result is somewhere between being conventional, mediocre, insane, and truly visionary. In addition, an important adviser of mine is practically impossible to get letters of recommendation from until the very last second. These two features--and the resulting need to throw together personal statements at practically the last second--have brought intense stress, fatigue, and personal doubt. I can feel only exhaustion for the time being.

There are a few later applications; luckily, I have until early January to re-coop and get ready for the final stretch, and two of the applications already has all letters submitted. I keep telling myself that I only have to fool one school.

Literally.
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #949 on: December 16, 2021, 06:47:12 AM »

I last posted in this thread when I was diagnosed with Asperger's two months ago. I had an expectation that its cathartic effect would give a positive swing to my life. However it only seems like there has been a regression instead. The last few days have been particularly... hollow.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 97  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies