Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:58:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 95
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh  (Read 103604 times)
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #625 on: May 18, 2021, 04:18:37 PM »

I got into my first car accident/fender bender today. Fortunately nobody was hurt but now the front of my car is all scratched up so that might need to get fixed.

A girl smashed my car up today.  It's my third crash since I got my license in 2018.  She came flying round a corner on a country lane and neither of us turned in time.  Like yours luckily nobody was hurt.  She was terribly sorry and I got the impression she thought I was kinda cute but the roadside of a crash just wasn't the time...

I was singing Sparks Fly when the crash happened so I guess the crash was my punishment.
*Benny Hill theme plays*
jokes aside, I hope you sort out the situation soon.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #626 on: May 18, 2021, 04:59:49 PM »

I got into my first car accident/fender bender today. Fortunately nobody was hurt but now the front of my car is all scratched up so that might need to get fixed.

If your car isn't totaled, you'll be fine...also, airbags.

Ouch, only two years left before the big TWO-FIVE...don't squander it.
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #627 on: May 20, 2021, 02:21:54 PM »
« Edited: August 02, 2021, 04:43:07 PM by Clarko95 📚💰📈 »

In August of 2007 I began learning German. I was just shy of 12 years old at the time.

Today, almost 14 years later, I received my residence permit for Germany 🍻🇩🇪
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #628 on: May 20, 2021, 04:34:38 PM »

I don't think I have mentioned here yet that a few weeks ago I bought a necklace with a big metallic cross as a pendant. It is really beautiful and (obviously) spiritually significant, although it kind of outshines my palmetto-and-crescent necklace, which is much smaller.
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« Reply #629 on: May 21, 2021, 03:09:52 PM »

I'm going to meet J. Miles Coleman tomorrow, and I'm gonna tell him about all the ingrates here who complain about his race ratings.
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -5.39

P P
« Reply #630 on: May 21, 2021, 04:27:14 PM »

5 years on Atlas Smiley
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #631 on: May 21, 2021, 10:14:18 PM »

So for those of you wondering why I’ve been relatively quiet lately, I’ve been busy with finals and graduation. I am (well, as of last Monday) officially a college graduate from the University of Oklahoma with a BS in meteorology. I’ve been accepted to and will attempt graduate school at the University of Hawaii starting in the fall as well, where I’ve never been but excited to advance further in my field. For the time being, I’m back home in Nevada.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #632 on: May 21, 2021, 10:36:35 PM »

So for those of you wondering why I’ve been relatively quiet lately, I’ve been busy with finals and graduation. I am (well, as of last Monday) officially a college graduate from the University of Oklahoma with a BS in meteorology. I’ve been accepted to and will attempt graduate school at the University of Hawaii starting in the fall as well, where I’ve never been but excited to advance further in my field. For the time being, I’m back home in Nevada.

So that's why you often seem to be a fair weather friend.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #633 on: May 24, 2021, 12:21:17 AM »

Lolz. Its been a good ride but au revoire
Geoffrey Howe
Geoffrey Howe admirer
United Kingdom

« Reply #634 on: May 24, 2021, 07:22:06 AM »

Excellent to see this azalea in flower after I 'pruned' it rather idiotically last year:

HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #635 on: May 27, 2021, 05:18:46 PM »

guys i moved and i dont even know my way to macdonalds or walmart without the GDPS yet it is truly something else
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.91

« Reply #636 on: May 27, 2021, 08:07:33 PM »

I've accepted an offer of admission from one of my top choice schools. I'm going to become an Engineer!
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #637 on: May 27, 2021, 08:09:21 PM »

I just saw "Womxn" in a document from a company I respected. Wow.
Geoffrey Howe
Geoffrey Howe admirer
United Kingdom

« Reply #638 on: May 28, 2021, 04:22:19 AM »
« Edited: May 28, 2021, 04:27:08 AM by Geoffrey Howe »

Tulips in Whitehall Gardens, a public garden behind Horse Guards Parade, Banqueting House and the Churchill War Rooms. The centre of the world, if you ask me  Wink

Complete with primroses, Disraeli's favourite flower (hence the Primrose League)

Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #639 on: May 28, 2021, 04:35:49 AM »

I've accepted an offer of admission from one of my top choice schools. I'm going to become an Engineer!

So Aggieland? Go Bears? where...
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.91

« Reply #640 on: May 28, 2021, 06:01:36 AM »

So Aggieland? Go Bears? where...
I'm Canadian, so I'll be headed to Queen's University in Kingston, Ontario.
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 0.72, S: 8.60

« Reply #641 on: May 28, 2021, 01:49:04 PM »

Update on my car.  It's probably written off and I am temporarily driving a van that is so old that I reckon Noah used it to transport his Ark-building materials.  Nevertheless I still managed to get a speeding ticket today.  £100 fine and three points on my license.

The 17-year old girl who wrecked my car refuses to accept responsibility and as there were no witnesses insurance can't prove she was at fault.  Therefore we will split the cost og the damages.

Not a good week in Wessex.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #642 on: May 28, 2021, 02:02:18 PM »

Update on my car.  It's probably written off and I am temporarily driving a van that is so old that I reckon Noah used it to transport his Ark-building materials.  Nevertheless I still managed to get a speeding ticket today.  £100 fine and three points on my license.

The 17-year old girl who wrecked my car refuses to accept responsibility and as there were no witnesses insurance can't prove she was at fault.  Therefore we will split the cost of the damages.

Not a good week in Wessex.
I had a similar experience a few years ago, save it was a teenage boy. However, even without witnesses, the physical evidence was sufficient to prove he was at fault. Moreover, he had the audacity to argue at traffic court that I must be at fault since the front of my car hit the side of his truck. Somehow the fact that helped to prove he'd entered into my lane escaped him.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #643 on: May 30, 2021, 06:50:45 AM »
« Edited: May 30, 2021, 07:17:44 AM by Scott🦋 »

I had a weird dream last night that I was meeting Joe Republic on Zoom or something. And he turned out to be a black man.

Isn't that ironic LOL

(EDIT: This is a reference to the big black cock scandal of 2011. Sadly most of the people who would remember it no longer post here.)
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #644 on: May 30, 2021, 02:29:01 PM »

concerned about my paranoia issues getting as bad as they have

it started probably close to a year ago with stupid stuff about people being out to get me, and since then has developed to the point i feel like i'm being followed both on foot and in my vehicle, that my house has secret cameras and microphones implanted everywhere, my airpods are transmitting my thoughts to the people who stalk me, and that when i'm asleep my dreams are being remotely controlled. plus other stuff i don't even feel comfortable mentioning. i'm actually afraid just posting this. i feel like it's probably unreasonable and my wife says it is unreasonable but it's started to consume my life and it keeps getting worse. i'm anxious and on edge 24/7 about it.

maybe this is common? especially during times of like, life upheaval and stuff. idk, has anybody else here been through this
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #645 on: May 31, 2021, 11:49:10 PM »

it started probably close to a year ago with stupid stuff about people being out to get me, and since then has developed to the point i feel like i'm being followed both on foot and in my vehicle, that my house has secret cameras and microphones implanted everywhere, my airpods are transmitting my thoughts to the people who stalk me, and that when i'm asleep my dreams are being remotely controlled. plus other stuff i don't even feel comfortable mentioning. i'm actually afraid just posting this. i feel like it's probably unreasonable and my wife says it is unreasonable but it's started to consume my life and it keeps getting worse. i'm anxious and on edge 24/7 about it.

maybe this is common? especially during times of like, life upheaval and stuff. idk, has anybody else here been through this

Getting stressed is totally normal but thinking that secret cameras are installed in your house isn't. I wouldn't panic but I would perhaps start talking to a therapist or psychiatrist. Most of your posts in this update thread have been about how unhappy you've been and you don't deserve that.

Don't let them prescribe you Seroquel though, that's only for people who are bipolar and they are infamous for bribing or sweet talking doctors. That goes for everyone here, not just you.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #646 on: June 02, 2021, 03:53:52 PM »

Today is the Feast of the Republic, commemorating the referendum held on June 2nd, 1946, in which Italians opted to change from a monarchy to our current form of government. Happy 75th birthday to the Italian Republic!
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #647 on: June 02, 2021, 07:45:39 PM »

Today is the Feast of the Republic, commemorating the referendum held on June 2nd, 1946, in which Italians opted to change from a monarchy to our current form of government. Happy 75th birthday to the Italian Republic!

I'd troll you by proclaiming support for the current Duke of Savoy, but Vittorio Emanuele is too much an HP for me to troll you that way.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #648 on: June 03, 2021, 11:48:40 PM »

Seeing a psychologist or psychiatrist would definitely be a good idea if possible.  You do marijuana, iirc?  If so, might consider trying laying off it for a while, as it can exacerbate those kinds of symptoms.
Geoffrey Howe
Geoffrey Howe admirer
United Kingdom

« Reply #649 on: June 04, 2021, 08:37:02 AM »

I have a friend who is very interested in Italian history who is quite left-wing (he reminds me of Nathan here in many ways) who says he would have voted for the King in 1946.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 95  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies