Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:25:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 95
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh  (Read 103297 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: January 14, 2021, 11:04:17 PM »

There was a stabbing at my shelter last night. I got questioned about the "incident" at my door. I didn't know what the hell they were talking about and didn't want to waste their time anyway, so I just said I didn't know anything. Apparently it was an old man stabbed to death by another old man.

Hampton Roads is the Florida of Virginia. Stay away from it.
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #326 on: January 14, 2021, 11:57:36 PM »

I have been reflecting on the conflictedness of my current display name after spending a considerable amount of time in musings about Metallica's One and euthanasia, which you might agree is one of the most stereotypically Battista Minola things ever.

As I noted in the "opinion of the previous poster's display name" thread, the conflicts at its heart are what make it such an intriguing phrase.

As I noted in a "guilty pleasures in music" thread, Metallica's music is supreme but their lyrics are "culture of death" to a fault.

How do you feel about euthanasia in regards to a situation like in the movie? To me, that just sounds like an awful existence.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #327 on: January 15, 2021, 12:22:35 AM »

I am now an essential worker.

My employer sent me a letter today which says that I perform essential work that cannot be done remotely. I can use it in case I'm stopped on my way to work (I almost never go) now with Ontario's stupid new 'stay home order'. 
I got the same thing from my employer today too. I either forgot or didn't know you were Ontarian.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #328 on: January 15, 2021, 01:54:27 AM »

I just found out one of my good friends from college has COVID. Scary, scary stuff.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #329 on: January 15, 2021, 04:32:03 AM »

I have been reflecting on the conflictedness of my current display name after spending a considerable amount of time in musings about Metallica's One and euthanasia, which you might agree is one of the most stereotypically Battista Minola things ever.

As I noted in the "opinion of the previous poster's display name" thread, the conflicts at its heart are what make it such an intriguing phrase.

As I noted in a "guilty pleasures in music" thread, Metallica's music is supreme but their lyrics are "culture of death" to a fault.

How do you feel about euthanasia in regards to a situation like in the movie? To me, that just sounds like an awful existence.

I haven't watched Johnny Got His Gun, but I assume the situation is identical to that in the song. Eh... I guess bad, but less bad than others.
JoeInator
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -4.00

« Reply #330 on: January 15, 2021, 03:38:11 PM »

So my school is deciding to go to a hybrid model and to do winter sports starting next week even though only 24% of parents, teachers, and students voted for it in a survey (it finished in third behind a virtual model at 33% and going back in person at 43%) and the fact that there have been 30 reported positive COVID cases (to put that into perspective, there are about 800ish students and about 60ish teachers/administrators) in the last week.

So suffice it to say I am not really looking forward to going back on Tuesday...
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #331 on: January 16, 2021, 08:02:34 AM »

My 82 year old grandmother got her first dose of the Pfizer vaccine yesterday! They actually phoned her up, in a rush to find some locals to take the last few doses of the vaccine before the local stocks expired (it's got.

She's been living by herself for a few years now, and has been rather isolated through this whole affair, so it's been a real boon for her. A more social, less isolated future seems possible again, even if that's still months away. (Don't worry, we've talked, and she knows well enough to keep masked up, and especially to stay safe while she waits for her second dose).

She was one of the family members I've been most concerned about, and I've been on edge thinking about her since last March. She's got at least one underlying condition, in her lungs of all places, so it's genuinely exciting that she's able to get this kind of support.

So, here's to Liz, who survived being orphaned as a young adult, made it all the way through the Troubles in Northern Ireland while raising three children, and has remained chipper, even when she had to care for both her husband and daughter while they battled terminal cancer, through her 70s and 80s.

free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #332 on: January 16, 2021, 04:46:33 PM »

Y'all ever get so tired you look at a post, think "Damn that's a good post", and forget that you made it?
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #333 on: January 16, 2021, 11:51:09 PM »

If anyone of you have seen my recent posts in the R&P board, I’m entering this weird conflicting stage where I’m hovering between atheism and weird agnosticism where the binary is either no belief or misotheism.

I guess this means my lifestyle and “point” in life is rapidly changing. Odd that as I become edgier and a bit insufferable I’m actually improving in life from my standpoint.

I’m honestly confused at what has become of me at this point, mostly spiritually.
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #334 on: January 20, 2021, 01:23:37 AM »

My dad retired today! I had yesterday off as a holiday, so with him retiring today (no party though) and the inauguration tomorrow morning, I took the week off. I’ve been out birding a lot, which is much more relaxing than politics. Definitely needed a break from work. Been feeling pretty good the last few days.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #335 on: January 20, 2021, 03:46:19 AM »

A friend of mine who's in veterinary school is going to be a guinea pig for a new COVID vaccine.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #336 on: January 20, 2021, 08:15:40 AM »

A friend of mine who's in veterinary school is going to be a guinea pig for a new COVID vaccine.

There's a joke in here about your friend being a literal guinea pig who is owned by the veterinary school, but I can't think of how to get the wording just right.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #337 on: January 20, 2021, 08:56:09 PM »

guess who is officially leaving this state for good in a couple months!

so if any of u in SoCal/Vegas/AZ wanna hang out this summer lmk because i’m gonna be short on friends out there for a minute
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #338 on: January 21, 2021, 09:36:48 AM »

I'm officially a Texan now
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #339 on: January 21, 2021, 09:45:26 PM »

back in alleybamey
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #340 on: January 22, 2021, 02:14:55 PM »

Two days of the Biden-Harris administration feels like it's pushed what I want to talk about way too the right.  By the end of the Trump administration, I was so over him, and I still think the GOP needs to move on.  But, two days of this administration, and I feel that the political sentiment in my brain has gone from "move past Trump" to "oppose Biden-Harris".

Was really cheering on Governor Lee for this tweet against Kamala:
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #341 on: January 22, 2021, 02:47:11 PM »

Two days of the Biden-Harris administration feels like it's pushed what I want to talk about way too the right.  By the end of the Trump administration, I was so over him, and I still think the GOP needs to move on.  But, two days of this administration, and I feel that the political sentiment in my brain has gone from "move past Trump" to "oppose Biden-Harris".

Was really cheering on Governor Lee for this tweet against Kamala:

Lol
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #342 on: January 22, 2021, 03:01:39 PM »

Two days of the Biden-Harris administration feels like it's pushed what I want to talk about way too the right.  By the end of the Trump administration, I was so over him, and I still think the GOP needs to move on.  But, two days of this administration, and I feel that the political sentiment in my brain has gone from "move past Trump" to "oppose Biden-Harris".

You could (and should) do both. Democratic officeholders will nearly always be pro-abortion, the only thing we can do is vote against them or donate to/campaign for their opponents. But Republicans need to get rid of Trumpism (which goes way beyond 'moving past Trump'*) before it's too late - it's already kind of late tbh. It's so important for Republican chances in 2022/2024/2028, and of course, our country.

*As I've said before, Trump was a symptom, not the cause. For example, ridiculous conspiracy theories began dominating Republican discourse after Obama took office, not in 2020. Most anti-Trump GOPers seem to ignore this fact.

I don't agree with what he said, but it's not lol-worthy.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #343 on: January 22, 2021, 11:58:41 PM »

I love being a libertarian.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #344 on: January 24, 2021, 01:24:26 AM »

I've been fantasizing about moving to Pittsburgh. Does anyone have recommendations on how to find a job in order to relocate?

I know, a dumb question for a forum where the median age is like 19. Tongue
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #345 on: January 24, 2021, 01:26:03 AM »

I've been fantasizing about moving to Pittsburgh. Does anyone have recommendations on how to find a job in order to relocate?

I know, a dumb question for a forum where the median age is like 19. Tongue

PM'ing you
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #346 on: January 24, 2021, 01:28:36 AM »

After more than two years back to school and months back into work after a needed hiatus, I’m doing ok for myself. While it may be too late to reach what is optimal, it is never too late to reach what is bearable. I’m repairing my life after years of being stuck, and I feel at peace with picking things back up.
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« Reply #347 on: January 24, 2021, 11:07:24 AM »

It snowed properly here for the first time in a while that I can remember. I’d forgotten how much I love the snow!

𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #348 on: January 24, 2021, 12:57:59 PM »

I have just had a galaxy brain moment in which I realized the coincidence between Barry Lyndon (Stanley Kubrick film based on a 1844 novel by W. M. Thackeray) and the names of the 1964 major party presidential candidates.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #349 on: January 24, 2021, 02:28:02 PM »

I'm going to a pro-life rally in a small town in rural Tennessee today, and you would be amazed at how many houses on the outskirts of the town STILL have Trump signs up, almost 3 months after the election.  One even had masking tape over the "Pence" in Trump-Pence and instead said "Trump Flynn 2020".
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 95  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies