Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:07:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh  (Read 104683 times)
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2022, 08:40:58 AM »

I have a new position that is based in Colorado and Utah and requires quite a bit of traveling.

I technically do not have to relocate as I do receive a travel expense  allowance. But if I do relocate to my work base essentially it would likely be Salt Lake City as I know it. Its kinda a home town for me. But I am excited .

Welcome back (possibly) Smiley

I might not be able to live in Salt Lake City because my boyfriend will only accept cities that are 25% Hispanic or more.

Denver is like 32%, West Valley City is like 38%, Ogden is 32%. South Salt Lake and Taylorsville are right on that cut off.  SLC proper is only like 21% Hispanic.

He thinks Utah, Colorado, Arizona, California, etc rightfully belong to Mexico. He is a Mexican nationalist.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2022, 08:49:58 PM »

Well.. its official.. I am officially back as Utah as my residency.

Way to many WHITE people here. And it is HOT and SMOKY due to a fire, but overall happy will my quality of life upcoming and less stuffy and more of a home feeling for me than Virginia.

I still think mormonism is BS and  will always renounce it.

Youngkin is still my favorite GOP governor for proving a lot of my points right and horrifying the ONLINE left.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2022, 10:51:42 PM »

I have always been critical of the United States health system and supporting a public option has been one of my most liberal positions. Due to major dental work I will need, I will go to Peru in November to get it done at 1/3 of the price of the United States.

To bad Peru is requiring MASKS again. I will NOT WEAR A CLOTH MASK.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2022, 02:25:54 PM »

I AM NOT A TROLL!

I really am NOT a troll.

So stop calling me one.

Y'all just can't handle with distinct personalities.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2022, 01:55:41 PM »

Climbed the highest mountain in Idaho yesterday.
Utah yesterday. 30 miles in one day. One of the most incredible things I have ever done. Also one of the most idiotic. 100% worth it.

Yes, Kings Peak is a beautiful peak. I have never climbed it though. I was in the Unita Mountains in July, however.

Also goes to show you that the simplistic, "14ers are the hardest!" out west is simply not true.

Utah is a beautiful but has too many conservative rethugs for me who do not live within reality.

Here are a couple of pictures of the Unitas from me:

Took these in Mid July 2022.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2022, 09:44:55 PM »

Remember that I really do not tie guys up and tickle them. It was a joke.

jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2022, 06:09:03 PM »

ISL theory  is the new covid for me.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2022, 09:29:19 PM »

Just saw that google maps been has tracking me since fall 2016:

basically:

1) I got around a lot in Virginia in a hiking group I was in.. and my work took me a lot around the DC metro area.

2) I really like south florida during my time on the east coast. Between enjoy warm humid weather in the winter and wild life viewing. The wilderness of Florida is that impressive, but the wild life!

3) I got around a lot in St. Louis, my birth city.

4) I know Utah well.

5) it is l clear I enjoy the mountains of Colorado.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2022, 05:24:37 PM »

I'll work for a local government agency now:)

I'll keeping my current position tho, but will obviously go to part time.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2022, 08:53:58 AM »

damn it. there are too many WHITE people in Western Colorado.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2022, 05:24:41 PM »

Damn it!  Stop making fun of my Balding.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2023, 03:31:33 PM »

✅ Snowbasin
✅ Snowbird
✅ Whistler

⏩ Chamonix
⏩ Park City
⏩ Sun Valley
⏩ Arapahoe Basin

I only skied one time this season thus far. I learned to snowboard within a few hours.. as I skateboarded a lot when I was younger.

Still looking forward to summer. I am much more of a hiker and climber than a winter sports person.

I did go for a hike yesterday.

I live in an area where multiple microclimates meet.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2023, 03:53:07 PM »

love the microclimates and varying views here. Last three pictures were taken within a mile of each other.

Still looking forward to summer though...

jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2023, 03:26:50 PM »

I was here a year ago today.

Unfortunately, I may not be able to visit Peru this year.

Looks an awful like like Colorado
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2023, 12:19:46 PM »

I dislike how a lot of conservatives have been quite rude to me lately. But as covid evaporated as an issue, it is to be expected.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2023, 01:30:01 PM »
« Edited: July 19, 2023, 01:40:24 PM by jimmie »

In the fall, I will go to Spain. My first foreign country besides Peru, which I have been to many times.

I have nearly a month. I may add Portugal or Germany, but Spain is my priority.

I made a map of countries I would like to visit (green), maybe visit (yellow), and won't visit/no interest (red).

Much of the red is either due to visa requirements, lack of interest, politics to a lesser extent.

I don't have much interest in the "developed world". Anything they have, the United States likely has better to see besides history. I am more of a nature tourist anyway.

Germany is only green due to language and heritage, and even there I am kind of meh. Would rather visit a place like South Carolina if given the choice.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2023, 12:09:43 PM »

I tested positive for Covid. 

My work will not let me come in person today and my side job won't let me work at all. I was going to try to just go to work and continue but it was hard to hide the cough.  Ill do all the work from home I can with my main job and won't go to my side job at all the next few days.

yeah... I guess I have to wear a MASK now if i go out at all.

part of me wishes I just kept the covid positive test quiet and continued on.  I was very conflicted. I hate  not working in an office, but at least I'll get most of my work done.

I still have high quality KN95 MASKS just in case I have to go out. 
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2023, 03:39:32 PM »

I tested positive for Covid. 

My work will not let me come in person today and my side job won't let me work at all. I was going to try to just go to work and continue but it was hard to hide the cough.  Ill do all the work from home I can with my main job and won't go to my side job at all the next few days.

yeah... I guess I have to wear a MASK now if i go out at all.

part of me wishes I just kept the covid positive test quiet and continued on.  I was very conflicted. I hate  not working in an office, but at least I'll get most of my work done.

I still have high quality KN95 MASKS just in case I have to go out. 

I feel MUCH better now. Except I still have to wear this COMMIE MUZZLE for a few more days.

I HATE MASKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! ewwq

On a good note I had a very good interview this morning for an internal promotion. I used my interview trick at the end and asked, "would you have hesitations in promoting me?"

They just said "it is too close to call between you and another candidate" I chuckled a bit for obvious reasons. I haven't been there even a year yet, so getting an interview in itself was an accomplishment
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2023, 11:11:19 PM »

I don't get all this talk about VA and tickets. Never had any problems there with that.

My current area has very strict and aggressive pulling over,  but 90% of the times their objective are warnings and safety. Not ticketing.  I was wanred last winter about going to fast got conditions. I have a small car, and it was snowing hard.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2023, 09:58:17 PM »

DAMN it.. Stop Making Fun of My Balding!!!!!
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2023, 10:10:25 PM »

Ready for tomorrow to fly on my first European trip. I always thought I would do Germany as my first European country due to language, culture, and now literally having family there. But that will be next year. I am going to Spain and Portugal.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2024, 09:37:11 PM »

Spent the last few weeks deciding whether to entirely leave Atlas or not.. and basically made decision to cut way way way way back, but not fully leave.

A lot of interesting things in Colorado politics, and I have made many good friends for sure.
Pages: 1 [2]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies