Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:06:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 ... 95
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh  (Read 102966 times)
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1350 on: May 24, 2022, 06:16:56 PM »

Times are a bit challenging for me.  The challenges I have are fairly common among us autistics, but they're still quite difficult.  I want to be fully employed and independent within a couple of years from now, but despite having graduated from college--and participating in a program designed to help people with disabilities after graduating--I still have a bit of work to do.  I have two part-time jobs, both of which are pretty enjoyable, but it's not enough to make a living.  I get some government benefits, with my Dad as payee representative, but I want to be free from dependence on that and the many strings attached, and to be a regular employed person making a decent living.  It's up to me to pull myself together, and to master the skills and to become more qualified for more positions, so I may be self-sufficient.  What is holding me back is my constant anxiety, depression, and fatigue.  I need to figure this out.

What's making it worse is that mother suffered a stroke back in February, 2021, which resulted in a decline of memory. I've been closest to her, this is very hard.

I also continue to be very lonely.  I hardly had any friends before college.  By the time I got to high school, I stopped trying, and withdrew socially.  Maybe I should have tried, I didn't realize how lonely I'd be afterwards.  I had a few friends in college, but mostly through the help of caring staff, and I don't see them much anymore.  My social skills have improved a lot, and seem to continue to improve, but it seems too late to make friends.  I do put effort into getting out and talking to people, but making friends is still an uphill battle.  I don't even need a significant other, I'd be happy with just a bromance, plus a few other good friends.

I definitely believe there's hope for me, but that's always been the case, and things still need to get better.  There is still hope nonetheless, I still have connections with some caring people who have been helpful, but there are a few things I need to figure out.  I have improved in many areas, hopefully the pace of improvement and growth will accelerate now.

Anyway, thoughts and prayers would be appreciated.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1351 on: May 26, 2022, 04:15:58 PM »

Today, I am (voluntarily) jobless and flying to Colorado. Smiley
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1352 on: May 26, 2022, 07:59:05 PM »

Times are a bit challenging for me.  The challenges I have are fairly common among us autistics, but they're still quite difficult.  I want to be fully employed and independent within a couple of years from now, but despite having graduated from college--and participating in a program designed to help people with disabilities after graduating--I still have a bit of work to do.  I have two part-time jobs, both of which are pretty enjoyable, but it's not enough to make a living.  I get some government benefits, with my Dad as payee representative, but I want to be free from dependence on that and the many strings attached, and to be a regular employed person making a decent living.  It's up to me to pull myself together, and to master the skills and to become more qualified for more positions, so I may be self-sufficient.  What is holding me back is my constant anxiety, depression, and fatigue.  I need to figure this out.

What's making it worse is that mother suffered a stroke back in February, 2021, which resulted in a decline of memory. I've been closest to her, this is very hard.

I also continue to be very lonely.  I hardly had any friends before college.  By the time I got to high school, I stopped trying, and withdrew socially.  Maybe I should have tried, I didn't realize how lonely I'd be afterwards.  I had a few friends in college, but mostly through the help of caring staff, and I don't see them much anymore.  My social skills have improved a lot, and seem to continue to improve, but it seems too late to make friends.  I do put effort into getting out and talking to people, but making friends is still an uphill battle.  I don't even need a significant other, I'd be happy with just a bromance, plus a few other good friends.

I definitely believe there's hope for me, but that's always been the case, and things still need to get better.  There is still hope nonetheless, I still have connections with some caring people who have been helpful, but there are a few things I need to figure out.  I have improved in many areas, hopefully the pace of improvement and growth will accelerate now.

Anyway, thoughts and prayers would be appreciated.

I can relate very well to this. I'll be praying for you.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #1353 on: May 26, 2022, 11:47:33 PM »

Gave a presentation for both my science and english finals. I have a zero-proof science grade (since finals only count for 10% in that class I could get zero and be at 90%) but English went better than expected.

I had to do one on 'an issue that needs to be talked about more' and I ended up with a 20-slide rant about the Koch Brothers. Cut it down to 5 and did fine.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1354 on: May 27, 2022, 07:37:37 AM »

Denver.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #1355 on: May 27, 2022, 09:12:50 AM »

Well, just got the notification that I passed one class (out of the 6 I have this semester). 53/100 but hey, Ds get degrees as they say (50 is the passing grade in Spain)
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1356 on: May 27, 2022, 09:36:56 PM »

California here we come.

Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1357 on: May 28, 2022, 06:17:26 PM »

Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1358 on: May 29, 2022, 01:59:49 AM »

I had to do one on 'an issue that needs to be talked about more' and I ended up with a 20-slide rant about the Koch Brothers. Cut it down to 5 and did fine.

As long as you're attacking the Koch Bros. you should be fine...Now if you're simping for them (which I doubt based on your wording but which is possible giving your economic conservatism), that's where you may run into some trouble.  Wink  This is the Bay Area, after all.  Smile
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1359 on: May 29, 2022, 05:03:06 AM »

i have a rash on 1/4 of my body this ish wack
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1360 on: May 29, 2022, 03:01:03 PM »

It's still with United. Oh well.
FT-02 Senator A.F.E. 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1361 on: May 29, 2022, 05:12:31 PM »

Just graduated from H.S.

Now I gotta figure out what the hell I'm gonna be doing over the summer
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1362 on: May 30, 2022, 04:42:39 PM »

Moving into our new home is almost completed now. I'm pretty exhausted from it, but extremely lucky to live in a much bigger apartment than before. Just about three weeks ago, my better half and I received word we were chosen as new occcupants of an apartment that is - as funny as it is - just two doors away from the old one after a neighbor moved out. Finding a home can be quite a challenge here as the real estate market in this area is petty much out of control. Rents and buying prices are through the roof as affordable middle class homes are missing for several reasons.

We were looking for bigger accommodation for a few months because the previous home has become way too small. It was still my first own household, and I've been at this place for eleven years. We kept it going for so long because it was relatively cheap and saved good money. The new home is almost twice the size as the old (nearly 800 square feet), just got renovated three years ago and still affordable. Furthermore, I can stay in the city of Renningen, which is a town of 18k, 15 miles from the Stuttgart metro area. Definitely a good place to live, with excellent infrastructure. Also, this neighboorhood is relatively quiet and clean.

We got extremely lucky that my dad just retired and is selling is old weekday apartment (now moved to my stepmom's house) and got a lot of good, high-quality furtinure from there which he doesn't need anymore. Buying all of this would have cost a few thousand euros. However, we still chose new lamps, chairs, carpets and a buch of smaller stuff. Only the beedroom wardrobe and a few lamps are still missing, but are expected to be delivered in the coming weeks.

Unfortunately we still have limited internet access, as the new Wlan will be installed on Wednesday (hopefully).
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1363 on: May 30, 2022, 07:58:33 PM »

Deep South

FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1364 on: May 30, 2022, 11:09:00 PM »

6:45 AM flight back to Detroit. It's been fun, Colorado.
Biden his time
Abdullah
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« Reply #1365 on: May 31, 2022, 09:55:33 PM »

Firmly healthy weight for my age and height for the first time I can remember
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1366 on: June 01, 2022, 01:05:23 AM »

All the users prediction of ab R blowout think again Biden is withib 3 pts and Biden is at 52 Approvals it's not an R nut map
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1367 on: June 01, 2022, 01:07:35 AM »

All the users prediction of ab R blowout think again Biden is withib 3 pts and Biden is at 52 Approvals it's not an R nut map

Glad you seem back to normal  Smile
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1368 on: June 01, 2022, 01:19:58 AM »
« Edited: June 01, 2022, 01:24:56 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

I hope my prediction finally gets posted as the most accurate and all those R nut maps get proven wrong and Shapiro is leading in PA Gov and Whitner is at 49/41 Approvals in MI

As I have said all along Black and Brown are underpolled the Rs came out in VA Gov race but they didn't show up at all in Cali recall, KY Gov 2019 is gonna be the same as OH Sen 2022, election Guy kept saying all along like Xing Bevin is gonna win and he Lost

Now, that I saw a poll I can go back and Donate to him that's all I wanted to see, before I started back donating to Ryan, but DeWine is gonna win

Vance is gonna get shellshocked like Mandel did in 2012 against Brown in the Black community Cincy, Cleveland and Columbus
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 0.72, S: 8.60

« Reply #1369 on: June 01, 2022, 03:32:25 PM »

I have visited legislatures many times but now I may soon get my first experience of a courtroom.

I will be entering a guilty plea.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1370 on: June 01, 2022, 03:42:26 PM »

I have visited legislatures many times but now I may soon get my first experience of a courtroom.

You already said you saw me in Nuremburg.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1371 on: June 01, 2022, 03:54:06 PM »

I'm going through some gender questioning right now. Its a bit in flux now, but I suspect I drift between being Female and Nonbinary(not quite sure how to describe in what way). I'm planning to try out a new name and pronouns soon.
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 0.72, S: 8.60

« Reply #1372 on: June 01, 2022, 03:56:37 PM »

You already said you saw me in Nuremburg.

Good point.

My appearance in court for driving offences looks a bit lame next to that vicious witch hunt you and your colleagues were subjected to.
Brother Jonathan

« Reply #1373 on: June 01, 2022, 07:21:51 PM »

Just arrived in Korea for a two-month stay. Nervous, but excited.
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #1374 on: June 02, 2022, 08:43:55 AM »

This is really late, but thanks to an accidentally-perfectly-timed flight and a lucky assignment to a window seat on the correct side of the plane, I was able to get an amazing view of the lunar eclipse back in May, in its entirety from start to finish. So that was pretty cool, I would say. Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 ... 95  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies