NBC: Biden+27 with seniors (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:53:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  NBC: Biden+27 with seniors (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NBC: Biden+27 with seniors  (Read 1948 times)
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« on: November 18, 2020, 03:09:33 PM »

If the exit poll is right, Trump won seniors by 5. That's a 32 point error!! Senior samples have tended to skew female and that's why they are more Dem than they end up being, and that's been a problem for a while, but I don't even think response bias can fully explain this.

There was obviously an effort on the part of the media to scare seniors into voting Democrat by blaming Trump for the pandemic. Part of it I think was insane social desirability bias when it came to topics regarding the pandemic. Anybody who wanted the economy open or their schools open was accused of putting money before lives (despite other evidence that closing the economy lead to an unprecedented amount of suicides and overdoses, but we'll ignore that). They were scapegoated as not taking the pandemic seriously, not following the "experts" (you don't want to be against the experts do you?). I think this hit the hardest against seniors because they consume by far the most amount of cable and network news.

The other explanation I can resort to (but don't want to) is that it was something the overwhelming amount of Democrats (and therefore pollsters) wanted to happen, so they made it true in their polls. Then it became a consensus that seniors were abandoning Trump.

But regardless, the blue wave pushers ate it up. They believed it hook line and sinker. They didn't question the other age brackets or have any skepticism, because they liked what the poll showed.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2020, 03:11:43 PM »

FYI most of these seniors who switched from Trump to Biden are registered Republicans who will show up as Republican in the early vote counts.

Many of those types have been voting Republican since....Ronald Reagan.

I wouldn't look into any of this at all really.

Yes... exactly... lifelong Republicans switching to Biden because of Trump's failures.

Trump got 94% of the Republican vote. Total hoax.

You know what could've predicted that, to the exact percentage point? The Republican primary, where Trump got 94%.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies