WI-SEN 2022 Megathread: Who stole my cheese? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:53:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  WI-SEN 2022 Megathread: Who stole my cheese? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WI-SEN 2022 Megathread: Who stole my cheese?  (Read 66929 times)
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« on: October 23, 2020, 12:00:37 PM »

I think Gallagher is a little overrated in that, despite being personally very popular in his district, he lacks a natural base in a statewide primary and an obvious set of issues to run on that speaks to the current civil 'discussions' within the Republican Party. He may be able to overcome this and be a great candidate, but I certainly don't see it as a guarantee.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2021, 02:43:23 AM »

Johnson is going to run again. Otherwise he wouldn’t keep the dog and pony show going.

I want him to run again, partially to once again disprove the DC-minded concept of electability.
[/b]
Yeah, you vote in that insurrectionist sympathizer and all around quack!  That'll show those DC aristocrats!

Yes, if you live in Wisconsin and want to 'disprove the DC-minded concept of electability,' how about flipping a Senate seat blue in a swing state during a good GOP year? Of course, you could just elect the rich businessman and politician who doesn't think your vote is legitimate if you live in a swing state (I imagine you do; your image and comment suggest you reside in Wisconsin) and voted for Biden to a third term in the Senate.

And if you want to disprove the concept of electability, you should move to Illinois' 16th District and cast your vote in 2022 in the GOP primary for Adam Kinzinger - one of the 10 House Republicans who chose integrity and honesty over insurrection - because it currently seems like he will not win remomination.

I don't think Wisconsin voters really think like this. The state has a long history of electing people of rather unmoderate ideology because they appear genuine to the voters. Ron Johnson has said a whole bunch of things that are difficult to defend in Wisconsin, no doubt, but that he is willing to speak his mind freely instead of regurgitating overly neutered talk points is more appealing that you think. Electability is definitely a thing, but Wisconsinites don't think the way DC talking heads think they do. As a result, people who have never lived in Wisconsin may have some difficulty in understanding how many people could be Walker/Baldwin voters.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies