WI-SEN 2022 Megathread: Who stole my cheese? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:13:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  WI-SEN 2022 Megathread: Who stole my cheese? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WI-SEN 2022 Megathread: Who stole my cheese?  (Read 66905 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« on: February 17, 2021, 09:03:17 AM »

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/politics/elections/2021/02/16/bucks-executive-alex-lasry-enters-u-s-senate-race-wisconsin/6769241002/

Bucks executive Alex Lasry has joined the race. I know it worked for Herb Kohl, but I have a feeling that if this guy wins the nomination, he'll turn out to be the Democratic version of Kelly Loeffler. Maybe he can self-fund, but as we saw in 2020, boatloads of cash only takes you so far. It'll be too easy to paint him as a spoiled rich carpetbagger.

Pls no more billionaires or sons of billionaires even the ones with a (D) next to their name

Mandela Barnes senpai please jump in
Herb Kohl was good, and Pritzer has proven surprisingly progressive. Warner has also been a decent senator and Delaney/Steyer have given us a lot of memes.

Herb Kohl couldn't win a primary in today's Democratic Party precisely because he's wealthy.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2021, 05:43:46 PM »

Ron Johnson hasn't made a decision on running again, but says he's leaning towards retirement.

epublican U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson, who has taken center stage this week in objecting to a $1.9 trillion COVID-19 bill, said he hasn’t yet decided whether he’ll run for his seat in 2022, although he said keeping to his pledge to not seek a third term is “probably my preference now.”

Johnson, of Oshkosh, is openly considering a third term despite Democratic challengers already lining up to challenge him and his pronouncement while running for a second term in 2016 that it would be his last.

“That pledge is on my mind, it was my preference then, I would say it’s probably my preference now,” Johnson said during a Friday media call. “I’m happy to go home.”

But he added a big caveat.

“I think that pledge was based on the assumption we wouldn’t have Democrats in total control of government and we’re seeing what I would consider the devastating and harmful effects of Democrats’ total control just ramming things through,” he said.

Johnson told WTMJ radio Friday that he hasn’t made up his mind on a third term and doesn’t think he needs to decide anytime soon.

“The only people who want me to decide right now are consultants, and particularly the consultants of other people who may want to run for the U.S. Senate seat, they’d like to start raising money and start making money right off the bat,” Johnson said. “I think it’ll save everybody a lot of money by just holding tight and making a decision when I’m ready to.”

Already, Outagamie County Executive Tom Nelson, Milwaukee Bucks executive Alex Lasry and Marshfield radiologist Gillian Battino have announced 2022 U.S. Senate bids as Democrats.

Democratic state Treasurer Sarah Godlewski and U.S. Rep. Ron Kind, D-La Crosse, are also each mulling a bid.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2021, 04:55:14 PM »

Chantia Lewis was indicted on charges of embezzling more than $20,000 in campaign funds and false travel reimbursements from the city of Milwaukee.

Milwaukee Ald. Chantia Lewis, who is running for the U.S. Senate, was charged Tuesday with five criminal counts that accuse her of taking more than $20,000 in campaign funds and false travel reimbursements from the city.   

Lewis is accused of taking money from her campaign account and using it to attend a Florida worship conference, pay tuition for classes at Agape Love Bible College and go on a family trip to the Wisconsin Dells. She also allegedly used campaign funds for basic expenses, such as car and credit card payments, vehicle repairs and rent on a Milwaukee apartment, according to the criminal complaint.

On top of that, the complaint accuses Lewis of making more than 20 inappropriate cash withdrawals from ATMs  totaling $5,590.50 from 2016 to 2020.

In all, the 43-page complaint, filed by Milwaukee County prosecutors, states that Lewis "defrauded the City of Milwaukee and her campaign, collectively, of at least $21,666.70."

Lewis, the vice-chair of the Public Safety and Health Committee, makes a base salary of $73,222 a year as a Common Council member
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2022, 10:54:43 PM »
« Edited: July 22, 2022, 02:25:44 AM by NewYorkExpress »

Ron Johnson says he'll vote to codify same-sex marriage into federal law.

Republican U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson signaled Thursday that he would vote for legislation to codify same-sex marriage into federal law.

That would be a key vote as Democrats try to move the legislation through Congress.

In a statement, Johnson said he wouldn't oppose the Respect for Marriage Act if it comes up for a vote in the U.S. Senate, even though he said the bill is unnecessary.

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2022, 06:41:29 PM »

Good lord what?? Maybe Lasry figures he's built infrastructure for 2028 or something?

Primary is lean --> safe Barnes obviously

Lasry isn't going to win in 2028 either. Democrats are going to be even less willing to nominate plutocrats to elected to office by then.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies